Nine

Of Love Stories and Bulls

"I can’t believe I’m going to lose this bet"

"It’s not my fault your can’t be tamed"

"Its called making love for your information"

"And there’s a thing called , which you and Luhan apparently know nothing about" Kai lifts a brow at Sehun before looking through vast displays of rings.

He’s finally going to propose to Kyungsoo.

After years of being best friends then a couple, Jongin wouldn’t want to spend the rest of his life without Kyungsoo.

So here he is with Sehun shopping for an engagement ring. Well, try to at least find the perfect ring for Kyungsoo. Sehun is not really good at playing his role as his best man.

“Do you have any designs in mind Sir?” The associate says. She probably noticed the dumb face they have and decides to finally help them.

"Uhm, I just want it to be simple. Knowing my girlfriend, she wouldn’t want something grand. Soo maybe just like a big diamond in the middle and small ones around it?" Jongin hopes his description is enough.

He’s seen those woman who have a huge rock on their finger and it just looks awful to look at. He wants a ring that would scream ‘i’m married and damn happy!’

"Dude how are you going to pay for all of this?" Sehun questions.

He’d known Jongin for so long and he’s not someone that is good with saving money-

"I saved some money of course idiot"

"ing liar" Sehun whispered when all of the associates look their way.

"Like I said bro, its all about planning. Which again, you and your girlfriend know nothing about"

"Okay I ing get it already. Its not like I’m abandoning her or anything" Sehun said in a matter of fact.

If anything he has given everything Luhan needs. But then again he could only do that because his father told him to work on their company right when he graduated college.

"I know that because Kyungsoo always spazz when Luhan tells her you bought her another expensive bag" Jongin rolls his eyes, moving through the glass displays of rings.

At times, Jongin feels like it’s a slap on his face when he hears Kyungsoo talk about Luhan and Baekhyun receiving another expensive gift from their other half. Its not like he can’t afford to give Kyungsoo everything she needs and wants. It’s just that he’s been saving most of his money to give Kyungsoo her dream wedding.

It’s always been his dream to marry the love of his life and to not make her spend even a cent on the wedding expenses.

Luckily, Kyungsoo’s dream wedding is a beach one and his grandparents happen to own a beach house and part of the beach so that alone takes a big part off of his tab. Besides, the beach house holds some of their favorite moments. It’s only right to hold it there.

"Sir?" Jongin looks up to see the associate who helped him early sporting a big smile. He hopes that big smile means she found the perfect engagement ring for Kyungsoo.

"I think this is what you’re looking for?"

Jongin opens the velvet red box and reveals a simple yet elegant ring.

"Its perfect" he smiles, ignoring Sehun who was gawking when the associate showed them how much the ring is.

"Jong, thats way too much" Sehun states the obvious.

"Love doesn’t have a price tag" Jongin shrugs, handing his black card to the lady.

"Your hopeless" he sighs. Sehun can’t even argue with Jongin because he knows it would be the same if it was Luhan and their baby. He would give his everything to his two girls.


Kyungsoo knows something is up and its bugging the out of her. Jongin has been going out soo much these past few days it’s starting to scare her.

Jongin usually waits for her in her apartment till she gets home from the hospital but these past few weeks a cold apartment welcomes her instead.

Baekhyun said its nothing and maybe “Jongin is really busy with some work” she says when Kyungsoo called her the 7th day her boyfriend didn’t spend the night over.

Kyungsoo tries soo hard to have whatever Baekhyun said imprinted in her head but she is a woman after all and she’s bound to crack any minute now.

Its not like she doesn’t trust Jongin. It’s more of what if Jongin got bored of her already? One year and so of being in a relationship is not that long right? God knows how much she loves Jongin and it’s going to kill her if he finds someone else.

And then there is that one problem. Kyungsoo doesn’t have the guts to confront her boyfriend. If she does, it will create this big trust issues between them and that’s another stress she doesn’t want to add on her already big pile.

"Kyung, Jongin loves you. Everybody knows that,” says Luhan who is glowing from being a mother.

Little Hana is currently sleeping on her mother’s arm. She’s got Sehun’s eyes and Luhan’s button nose. She’s the perfect little girl in Kyungsoo’s eyes.

The three best friends met up for a much needed girl time. They’re soo busy with work that they don’t even have time to hang out together like the old days. And if they had little time, it would be spend with their boyfriend. On Luhan’s case it’s tending Hana’s needs.

"I know. I just can’t help but get scared" Kyungsoo pouts.

"Trust me, Jongin isn’t doing anything wrong. If anything, he’s just making everything perfect" Baekhyun says with a gri, Luhan sporting the same.

And if Kyungsoo wasn’t soo busy with her negative thoughts then she would have pick up the hint Baekhyun just made.

"I don’t know unnies" she sighs, "I just really hope its nothing"


 

Jongin thinks jealous Kyungsoo is the best because she gets frustrated and mad which only means she gets aggressive and is always good when it’s rough.

Their currently having dinner at Kyungsoo’s place. It’s been almost two weeks since he last slept over Kyungsoo’s place, let alone has dinner with her.

But all of his hard work is for her and everything will be worth it when he sees her walking down the aisle and finally get a chance to call her Mrs. Kim Kyungsoo.

"Look Jongin, just tell me if you don’t want to be in this relationship " Kyungsoo says out of nowhere, cutting on her piece of meat harshly.

Jongin would probably be offended if Baekhyun hadn’t told him Kyungsoo’s feelings lately. Call him a horrible boyfriend but he likes to tease Kyungsoo until she’s about to break and he’ll scoop her up again.

"Babe, what are you talking about? Why would you even think something like that?" He says in a hurt tone, dropping both of his utensils with a bang that startled the other.

Kyungsoo stayed quiet, not liking where this conversation is going but she’s had it with her boyfriend ignoring her for the past few days that she can’t keep it in anymore.

"Cause you’ve been acting weird and ignoring me. You don’t even sleep over anymore!" She says, looking at anything but the man in front of her.

Jongin on the other hand tries to keep his squeal inside because his girlfriend is really adorable. He chuckles when she keep avoiding his gaze and abusing her lips to stop the tears from falling.

He’s actually proud of her for not crying yet. Kyungsoo usually cries within a minute into the argument and He always coos her in the end.

But he’s not quiet ready to end the game, “are you trying to imply something?” Jongin accuses her. “Are you saying I’m cheating on you?”

A loud screech of chair is heard through out the apartment and Jongin is up from his seat with hands both on his hips trying to look mad as possible.

"I didn’t say that" Kyungsoo whispers

"Well you’re going that way!"

Kyungsoo get up as well moving towards her boyfriend, “cause of you you you!” She cries, tiny fist pounding on Jongin’s chest.

"What about me?" Jongin gets a hold of her arms.

"I HATE YOU KIM JONGIN I HATE YOU!"

Jongin almost feel bad about making the love of his life cry over nothing, almost. He might like teasing his other half but he also knows when he should stop and this would be a perfect time.

Laughter finally escapes his lips, “I ing love you soo much baby” he smiles at his girlfriend while cupping up her face and swiping her tears with his thumb.

"I can’t wait to spend my forever with you" He adds before Kyungsoo can even push him away.

Kyungsoo couldn’t come up with words. She’s soo confused with the situation. Aren’t they supposed to be fighting and not kissing?

But she could careless. Jongin hasn’t touched her for weeks now and she’s craving them bad.

All of her worries wash away the minute Jongin got a hold of her bottom lip and she could only whimper in respond, giving herself to her boyfriend..

The two molded together for a while with Jongin leading them to Kyungsoo’s bedroom. He never really plan his proposal and in no way he would ever imagine doing it this way.

Jongin worked his off these past few weeks to get everything in its place. The only thing thats needed is Kyungsoo. It might not be the perfect timing but Jongin can’t hold himself any longer

"Babe…" Jongin breaks away from the kiss, "I need to tell you something"

"Can’t it wait after this? I really need you right now baby please" Kyungsoo looks at him like a lost puppy but the lust in her eyes says otherwise.

"And I need you too, trust me baby but I just really need to let this out right now"

"Fine, this better be good or els-"

Kyungsoo couldn’t continue her threats when she sees Jongin kneeling down and holding a velvet box in front of her.

"I know this is not the best way to do it and probably the most unromantic way. But I can’t let this day end without knowing you’ll be mine forever. I won’t promise to be the best husband in whole world but I can promise to be the best husband you’ll only have"

Jongin opens the box revealing the ring that’s been on his pocket these past few days, waiting for the perfect timing to give it to Kyungsoo.

"I love you as Do Kyungsoo can I also love you as Kim Kyungsoo?"

"Yes…yes…yes" she answers within second, face covered with tears.

"Will you marry me?"

"YES!"

Jongin takes the ring out of the box with shaking hands. Who knew such simple task will be his hardest? He feels the ring on finger for a bit before taking Kyungsoo’s hand and finally slipping the ring on.

The two stare at it for a while. No words needed to express the happiness and content they both have right in this moment.

"So babe where were we?" A smirk plastered Jongin’s face while his girlfriend is already stripping out of her clothes.

"I believe we were about to make little Kims?"


Chanyeol feels a tap on his shoulder. He turns around to address the intruder who has the guts to disrupt his slow dance with his girlfriend.

"Kris…" he breathes out.

Hearing the name, Baekhyun peaks over her boyfriend’s shoulder only to be greeted with his ex.

Of course she knew he would be invited at Kyungsoo and Jongin’s wedding. Baekhyun is just shock to see him right now with Chanyeol.

"May I give her this dance?" Kris asks politely.

Chanyeol hesitate for a moment but the nagging thought at the back of his head won’t leave him alone. He knows the two needed this closure and he won’t be a to take it away from them. He’s doing this for Baekhyun.

Chanyeol knows how important Kris is to Baekhyun.

Chanyeol gives Baekhyun’s hand to Kris’ “Take care of my queen” he warns the other and gives Baekhyun’s a kiss on her forehead.

"Don’t worry, she’s a princess to me"

Baekhyun hesitate for a second but Chanyeol ushers her to go to Kris, telling his girlfriend he’ll snatch the bride from her groom for a bit.

Baekhyun’s arms rest comfortable around Kris’ neck and his hands are securely holding onto her waist. They dance to the slow music for a while, only giving each other shy smiles.

Dancing has never been awkward between the two. They’ve gone out to many clubs when they were still together and this is nothing to them.

But the tension is soo thick Baekhyun bites on her lips nervously, not wanting to be the one to say something first.

"How are you princess?" Kris breaks the tension, knowing Baekhyun will never be the first one to talk.

"I’m good. How have you been?"

Kris notices the glow on Baekhyun and he’s almost sure that the other is content to where she stands today. Above else, Kris is happy to see Baekhyun happy.

"Good. Just been hanging out here and there" He takes a hold of her hand and twirls her around.

When they face each other again, Baekhyun laughs and playfully slap Kris on his chest for such cheesy move

“hanging out with Yixing unnie?” She questions him.

Kris wasn’t even surprise that she knows his whereabouts these days. His girlfriend has been hanging out with Kyungsoo lately and he’s pretty sure Kyungsoo might have said some stuff to her Bakehyun.

"Yeah" he admits, "she’s amazing actually" Kris looks over at his girlfriend who’s dancing with the groom.

At the same time, Baekhyun smiles when she sees her own boyfriend dancing with Kyungsoo. Or at least the two try to dance without looking like a fool.

Kris noticing this asks, “did you find what you were looking for?”

Baekhyun looks up at Kris, she smiles at him and they both know what her answer is. Kris squeeze her hand, “I’m glad that he makes you happy”

“And I bet she does too”

This time Baekhyun couldn’t hold back and lunge herself at Kris, hugging him tightly. In that moment she remembers everything she’s been through with Kris. The ups and their downs, each time they hold onto each other.

“I miss you Kris” she sniffles, “I miss watching movies with you”

Kris holds onto her and buries his face on the crook of her neck. Baekhyun is still the same yet different. She’s still very emotional but she doesn’t keep it to herself anymore. It seems like Baekhyun has open up to the world and Kris knows its all because of Chanyeol.

“I miss you too princess and I’m sure we can catch up over some coffee but right now I don’t want your boyfriend to kill me yet soo let go Baek” Kris slightly pushed the girl and nod an apology to Chanyeol.

Baekhyun looks at her boyfriend and rolls her eyes. Chanyeol is really something. Every since they made it official he’s always on the look out for anybody that tries to harm her. Baekhyun narrows her eyes at her boyfriend as if she’s telling him something and when Chanyeol got the message he went back to dancing with Kyungsoo, trying his best not to punch Kris in the face.

“Still wearing the pants in the relationship I see” Kris whistles and continues dancing with his ex.

“You bet I do” She agrees with him.

Baekhyun knows it’s going to take a while for her and Kris to be friends again. They have to think about their other half as well, it’s not just about them this time. But she can already see Kris and Chanyeol getting along in the long run. She’s just glad that everything has its closure now. Even if their hearts were broken along the way, they have somebody now to put the pieces back together.

“Thanks Kris” Baekhyun tip toe to place a kiss on Kris’ cheek

“Anytime princess”


The guest leaves one by one and as the last guest bids farewell to them the newly married couple could finally relax and finally spend alone time together.

“Do you want to walk for a bit?” Jongin asks his wife.

Kyungsoo nods and takes a hold of her husband hand, leading him the way. The couple never once thought they would end this way. Though they both knew they’re meant for each other and will get married someday but not this early in their relationship.

“How does it feel like to be tied to me forever Mrs. Kim?” it might take a while for Jongin to get tired of calling Kyungsoo Mrs. Kim. He likes the roll of it in his tongue.

“It feels great” she admits, swinging their hands in the air and liking how their wedding rings shines through the night

“Thanks Jongin for giving me the best wedding any woman could ever have and thank you for just loving me everyday” Kyungsoo halts their step and tip toes to give her husband a kiss, Jongin holding her in place.

This kiss is just one of the many kisses they’ll have as a married couple.

Jongin wants to keep kissing his wife under the moonlight but they have to catch their flight to Maldives for their honeymoon that Sehun personally prepared.

“I love you” they both said once they pull away.

Kyungsoo is most certain that their marriage will have its ups and downs but as long as she has her amazing friends and the perfect husband by her side, she’ll expect the bulls life throws at her but never will accept any of it.


Thank you guys for reading this fic! i had fun writing it :) if you havent already, check out my new fics Amour (kaisoo) and Touchdown (baekyeol) I won't say much but just thank you to everyone that read and those who left comment every chapter, i serioulsy love you guys<3