Seven

Of Love Stories and Bulls

I hope this all cheer you up somehow :)

 

Saturday, Noon

Chanyeol sighs for the nth time and looks around to see if a certain petite lady has come, but as the handful of students going to their Saturday classes passes by and give him a questioning look, He feels somewhat stupid for waiting when it seems like Baekhyun will never show up.

He admits that he was super excited when Baekhyun texted him saying to meet him at school. In fact, he was beyond ecstatic that he drove to Kyungsoo’s house and asked for help as to what he should wear. Jongin on the other hand kept sending him deathly glares but Chanyeol was too happy to pay attention to an obsessive boyfriend.

Different scenarios came into Chanyeol’s mind as he patiently waited for Baekhyun. What if she got into an accident? What if she had a family emergency? Above all, what if Baekhyun finally realize that he’s a creep and wants nothing to do with him whatsoever? It only makes sense since he hasn’t received any text or calls and even though Chanyeol is aching to contact Baekhyun, he stops himself because he doesn’t want her to think he’s impatient.

So as the sun peaks at its highest, Chanyeol stands patiently outside their university hoping Baekhyun will come sooner or later. Regardless, he will wait for her the whole day if he has to--- a beep from him phone interrupted his depressing  thoughts.

Chanyeol frowns, it's a text from Kyungsoo not Baekhyun. He tried not to panic as he reads that text. Apparently his soon-to-be lady is sick and in Kyungsoo’s words she’s a for swimming the whole night then she goes on to say that their date is cancelled. While he feels bad for her situation, Chanyeol is just glad that Baekhyun didn’t ditch him but he hopes its just the regular cold and nothing more.

He sends a quick text to Kyungsoo before heading to the nearest pharmacy store.


Baekhyun feels like . No, she feels like she’s in Satan’s house because of how hot she is, and no not in a way guys would think.

Her head feels like someone is throwing rocks at it, her nose is like Niagara Falls, and everything is just spinning as she tried to get up to go to the bathroom. Just as she was about to reach her door, after practically crawling on the floor, the thing flies open and she’s left with hanging.

It’s Chanyeol with a tray of what seems to be a soup and a medicine right next to it.

Baekhyun prays that Chanyeol has a bad vision because in no way she looks presentable at this moment with her hair looking like a bee’s nest and her grey sweats and oversized shirt is not doing her any justice either.

“Woah you can’t get up yet. You’re not well” She hears Chanyeol say and he's quickly putting the tray on her desk and within seconds she comes face to face with him, Baekhyun gulps. Oh god, why must he wear a black v-neck shirt and that white pants is a sin. What did she do to deserve this kind of punishment?

“What you doing here? How did you know where I live?” Baekhyun asks while trying to make the smallest eye contact with the guy and not sneeze at Chanyeol’s face.

Chanyeol laughs, even though she’s sick Baekhyun’s sass is on point. “I’m here to take care of you and who else would give your address?” he answers.

He didn’t bother waiting for her to make another comment and guides Baekhyun back to her bed and pulls the blanket to her chin, carefully sitting at the side of the bed right after.

The two are quiet for a minute. It’s awkward and both of them can’t find their tongue. Chanyeol thinks Baekhyun looks like a small little girl with the way she’s gripping on her sheets and even if she’s sick, she still looks beautiful in Chanyeol’s eyes. Baekhyun on the other hand is having thoughts she shouldn't have.

“I need to pee though”, Baekhyun says after a while.

Really and truly she appreciates Chanyeol’s care and is to tired to argue how he shouldn’t be here because he might get sick and doesn’t have the energy to push him out of the door because she probably looks like a homeless right now but she really needs to pee.

Baekhyun sees Chanyeol get up from his position in a lightening speed to assist her up again. Suddenly, she feels a hand underneath her body and within seconds Chanyeol is carrying her bridal style to her bathroom.

“Chanyeol, you don’t have to do this.” Baekhyun argues but not really moving away whatsoever.

“Nope” he smiles at her, their faces just inches away.  “Kyungsoo will kill me if you get tired”

But in reality, Kyungsoo just sends Baekhyun’s address to him and told him to make her chicken noodle soup. In a way, Chanyeol wants to baby Baekhyun but not in that way. He just wants to make sure that she’s taken care off, which means he must be by her side at all times.

Baekhyun made the biggest mistake when she moves her head to the side to avoid Chanyeol’s gaze and successfully landing on the crook of his shoulder. And the only thing she could do is close her eyes and pray this day will end soon.

But then again, there’s nothing more embarrassing than what is happening to her right now. So Baekhyun decides to just go with flow of the events.

“Kyungsoo huh?” she lifts a brow, nose brushing against Chanyeol’s neck making the poor guy miss a step but thankfully Baekhyun didn’t land on her .

If she were a and clueless girl like she was back a few years ago then Baekhyun would probably buy what the guy said but since Kyungsoo has a big mouth, Baekhyun knows Chanyeol likes her and she thinks it’s cute how they guy is really trying his best.

“Uhhh- I’ll just wait outside” she hears Chanyeol says, carefully letting go of her.

“Obviously smarty pants, unless you want to come in~” Baekhyun teases and laughs when Chanyeol’s shake his head vigorously.

“I was kidding. It’s too early for that”

Did Chanyeol hear that right? Or he’s getting sick too. Before he could make a comment, Baekhyun slams the door at his face but not before saying to not peek or else she will make sure to cough at his face.


As the day pass, Chanyeol made sure that Baekhyun ate as much as she could and took her medicine. He also helps her out whenever she goes to the bathroom or gets the things she needed.

They didn’t talk much, a few ‘how are you feeling’ from Chanyeol and Baekhyun always responds ‘getting better’ with a smile.

Baekhyun keeps saying sorry to Chanyeol and how bad she feels that they couldn’t hang out. On the other hand, Chanyeol assures her that its totally fine and there’s always next time but he didn’t ask her why she swam the whole night. He knows Baekhyun will tell him if she wanted to.

 Although the two haven’t really gotten a chance to actually get to know each other and this is probably the worst day for Baekhyun but for Chanyeol it has been a great day. He finds out that Baekhyun resembles her mom a lot, that she makes puppy noise when she’s sleeping, and that Baekhyun hates to have her hair down when she’s at home. But he’s most favorite thing today is getting to see the real Baekhyun even in the simplest way.

The outside Baekhyun makes sure that she intimidates people and always puts on a façade that only her friends can wash off. But Chanyeol quickly finds out that Baekhyun is very caring and though she sick, she makes sure that he is comfortable or always offering him a bite of her food, which he thinks is such a stupid thing to ask because he takes a bite anyway. After all, he’s already love sick.

He also finds out that Baekhyun likes to watch movies as they go through stacks of movies through out the day. Baekhyun eventually falls asleep half way through the movie but Chanyeol continue to watch the movie because its one step closer to getting to know Byun Baekhyun.

After the 6th movie, Chanyeol can feel his body giving up and he knows its time for him to go home.

“Do you need anything else?” He asks, handing Baekhyun her medicine and a cup of water.

Baekhyun takes the medicine and lies back down, “Are you leaving?” she asks instead of answering Chanyeol’s question.

Chanyeol thinks he sees a pout on her lips but brushes it off. After all, what is he to Baekhyun anyway?

“Yeah, it’s getting pretty late and you still have to rest”. Now he can clearly see the pout and he so badly wants to kiss it away.

Chanyeol grabs his bag and phone and he doesn’t know why or how but he soon finds himself leaning down and giving Baekhyun a kiss on the forehead, feeling the her hot skin through his lips.

It only lasted seconds before he’s pulling away saying a quick sorry to Baekhyun who’s beyond shock from the move.

Saying a quick good night, Chanyeol wants to dash out of the room but then a small voice stop his steps. “Stay…” he hears her say. “I know its selfish of me but just please stay for the night. I just don’t want to be alone”

Before he can even say no, Chanyeol feels long fingers intertwining themselves with his and Baekhyun is weakly tugging him back.

Chanyeol knows its wrong to just stay as someone’s house, especially when you can’t really call them your friends yet and it doesn’t help that his heart and body is telling him to stay but his mind is already ready to run out.

“Please Yeol just for tonight” she tries again.

Baekhyun feels vulnerable and having spend the whole day with Chanyeol by her side takes away all of her fears.

Chanyeol nods and internally tells his mind to off because Baekhyun just use a nickname to address him and his bound to be with this girl forever starting from now.


And that is how Chanyeol finds himself laying down like a statue on the girl of his dream’s bed as she sleeps right next to him. Also, Baekhyun hasn’t released his hand and he’s really thankful for the medicine for putting her to sleep fast or else she would probably how sweaty his palms are right now.

Chanyeol feels shuffling next to him then almost jump out of the bed when he feels Baekhyun hugging him like a bear.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, rolls her eyes because Chanyeol is so dense that he doesn’t even notice how she’s making it easier for him by making the first move.

The thing is Baekhyun was just in denial when she says all of those horrible things to Chanyeol. Maybe at first she really felt that way but as she always sees him making an effort everyday to befriend, Baekhyun can’t help but fall for him.

But of course she’s not ready to be in a relationship again and in no way she wants Chanyeol to feel like she’s just using him to get over Kris. Above all, Baekhyun is scared. Scared to let Chanyeol into her life. Scared of the idea of starting from the beginning again. She knows its going to take a while for her to be comfortable with Chanyeol the way she was with Kris but just like how she’s been telling herself these past few days, Chanyeol is not Kris.

“Should I move away or are you going to hug me back?” she asks the statue.

“Uhhh…Baek…I can’t just you know hug you. We first have to go through dates and cheesy love notes, don’t you think?” Baekhyun chuckles at this.

She now knows why Chanyeol is best friend with Kyungsoo, he’s exactly how her best friend was before bunny Jongin came into her life. Or was it when she gave her 101 that Kyungsoo became the she is? Either way, Baekhyun is too sick to go through all of first base shenanigans with Chanyeol. She just wants to be hug right now and to hell she’s going to get it.

“Yeol, just hug me!” she commands, tightening her grip on the guys torso.

“Bu-but I just can’t do that. Kyungsoo will kill me if I ever lay a hand on you” Chanyeols shakes his head, still not moving an inch from his position.

Baekhyun groans, she’s seriously going to kill Kyungsoo the next time she sees her. Even though she's not here, Kyungsoo still has her way to ruin her moment. Baekhyun makes a mental note to get back her AND jongin but for now, she needs to this tree shaking.

“Pleaseee Yeollie~” she coos and almost instantly, Chanyeol’s body relaxes to the hug. After a while, he turns so now he’s facing Baekhyun and his arm soon finds her waist.

Baekhyun can’t help but to snuggle into Chanyeol’s chest, feeling content after a long time.

She already knows she won this battle the minute the nickname came out of . She almost feels bad because she’s taking advantage of Chanyeol’s weakness but if it's the only way then it can’t be help.

“You’re soo bossy” Chanyeol says playfully, his hands making circular motion on Baekhyun’s lower back.

“I’m not!” Baekhyun mumbles, “You’re just a fool to fall for whatever I say” she adds.

“But not a fool to fall in love with you”

Chanyeol almost regret saying those words the minute he feels the other body’s stiffen. Its too early and he should have been carefully with things he says. But Baekhyun is not pushing him back, so he’s not taking back what he said.

“I-I’m not ready for that yet” Baekhyun admits and slowly moving away from the hug.

“I know I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have” Chanyeol tries to bring her back but he’s already facing Baekhyun’s back.

He stares at Baekhyun longingly, now regretting the stuff he said but its really how he feels and Chanyeol wants to make sure that Baekhyun knows that he’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

“I know its going to take awhile for you to love me back and I’m not expecting anything back soon Baek. Just…just let me prove myself to you. Let me be the perfect guy for you. Please let me in, Baekhyun”

“I’m scared”

“Don’t be, I’m here now” Chanyeol assures her.

Baekhyun feels hesitant hands making their way around her waist as Chanyeol pulls her back into his chest. And maybe her shirt is too thin that she feels his heart beating fast. So she turns around, wanting to calm the beating heart.

Baekhyun is never the one to calm someone. Usually that’s Luhan or Kyungsoo’s job. So it’s not a shock to her when her lips fit against Chanyeol’s because like the normal woman she is, that is her way of calming someone down or maybe just for Chanyeol.

When Chanyeol immediately responds to the kiss and those first shy kisses turn into lip biting and , Baekhyun knows she had just woken up the beast. And all bull aside, with Chanyeol’s kisses and his hands roaming inside her shirt, Baekhyun doesn’t mind taking this to homebase.

"You don't know how long i've been wanting to do that" Chanyeol says after breaking away, his forehead resting with Baekhyun's and slightly give a peck on the other's nose.

"Who's stoping you?" Baekhyun smiles.

Yup, homebase sounds good just about now.


A BIG BIG THANK TO lumiereciel FOR THE AMAZING FANART! she made one for every couple soo expect to have another one of her amazing art for the next update :) & I just want to say thank you again for all of the lovely comments you guys gave me. so here i am with baekyeol to cheer you guys up. that's it for baekhyun guys :) I think its kaisoo next or hunhan. idk you guys tell me which one you prefer first.

Till then loves!<3