Clandestine

Tempestuous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


She closes her eyes.

Clandestine

 

A large silver body rammed into Jonghyun and the mass of Darkness that he had become. But it was no use; the wolf went right through it. 
The black wisps knitted themselves together again almost instantaneously. Their tendrils wrapped arount the paws of the silver wolf. It almost looked like the wolf was a puppeteer holding the strings of Darkness in place.

From the corner of my eye, I saw two more greyish-white wolves and a brown wolf emerge from the forest on the other side and surround the silver wolf. I didn't want to believe that the silver wolf was Luhan. Now, I knew better. But I also knew that Luhan was not the enemy.There was a heavy rock where my lungs should have been. 
I tried to tell the other wolves not to hurt him, but I was already too late. I was drowned out by the stench of blood. The grinding of fangs. The squelching of claws against flesh.
I could hardly breathe. 

"Keep her safe." Suho's disembodied voice blew towards me with the wind.

The golden wolf that had saved me that day in the forest was suddenly at my side.
It caught me between its jaws, scooping me up with ease.
Despite the chaos around us, its grip was surprisingly gentle. 

Before I knew what had happened, I was at the fringes of the forest, at a safe distance away from the action.
My back was pressed to the ground.
The wolf hovered over me. I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for the wolf to sink its razor-sharp teeth into my neck.
When nothing happened, my eyes slowly opened.

The golden wolf was extremely tall for a wolf. It stood directly positioned over me. Its gaze was concentrated on the fight.
My eyes darted to follow the wolf's line of sight. The tendrils of Darkness were rapidly snaking their way towards us. The wolf immediately scooped me up in its jaws again and ran into the forest. Mid-flight, it tossed me swiftly onto its back. I grabbed at the soft fur, barely managing to regain my balance at this velocity.


I clung to the wolf as if it were my life-preserver. Its body felt unnaturally warm beneath mine. 
It was airborne for what seemed to be a long time - it was as if this wolf could fly! 
And now I was flying, too.

I'd always imagined that flying would be a pleasant sensation where a cool, refreshing wind would blow my hair prettily around my face.

This, however, was beyond terrible. The tiny tree branches that the wolf couldn't manage to avoid chipped away at my face. My head was throbbing with the force of the harsh and cold wind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter