Falling for You

A New Heart

“Tiffany I am so tired, please say that is the last thing I have on my schedule today.”

Tiffany saw that Yuri was getting tired now that the opening night of her play was closely approaching, but she had other plans for them today even if Yuri was on the brink of exhaustion. “Sorry Yuri just one more thing for tonight.”

Yuri looked dejected when she heard the news but this was part of her job, “Where we going this time? I want my bed.”

“Why don’t you take a nap in the car while we go there? It is a bit far away.”

Yuri got into the van but looked at Tiffany again through the rear-view mirror, “You didn’t tell me where we are going.”
Tiffany smiled, “Don’t worry, just sleep.”
Yuri was even more curious to why Tiffany didn’t tell her of the next event but she couldn’t fight the tiredness that consumed her and fell fast asleep.

 

“Yuri we are here.” Yuri slowly opened her eyes when she heard the familiar voice and saw that there was no one around. They were no longer in the city it seemed.

“Where are we?”

“Come on. We don’t have much time.” Tiffany was trying to drag Yuri out of the car at this point.

Yuri quickly looked around and saw that they were on a harbor facing a body of water, “I don’t see anyone here but us. Why are we here exactly?”

Tiffany took out two chairs from the car and placed them near the edge of the harbor while guiding Yuri down to sit in one of them, “We came to see something amazing.” Yuri was curious to what Tiffany was talking about so she looked out into the distance waiting for this “event” to happen.

“What am I looking for?” Just as Yuri finished her question, she saw the sun glistening upwards over the vast body of water.

“Isn’t it pretty?”

Yuri smiled because this was the first time she was able to fully enjoy the sun rising, “Nature is amazing.”

Tiffany looked over to Yuri, “I’m not talking about the sun.”

Yuri quickly looked over to see Tiffany looking straight at her, “You are being cheesy.”

Tiffany smiled, “Did it work?”

“Maybe...” Yuri looked away after blushing madly at the girl who started to make her heart race. “I didn’t know our first outing would be so romantic.”

“How else am I to win over the heart of such a beautiful star?”

“There you go being cheesy again.” Yuri and Tiffany both laughed under the orange sky of the rising sun. They let the warmth of the early morning wash over them as they just sat together enjoying each other’s company quietly.

Tiffany finished watching the sun go into the sky signaling a new day before looking over to Yuri who fell asleep again, “You must have been exhausted.” She walked over to Yuri and picked her up before placing her back into the van.

 

Tiffany made it back to Yuri’s apartment, but saw that she was still sleeping in the back. “Yuri-ah...we are home.” Yuri finally opened her eyes open before fully stretching. “I can’t carry you upstairs.”

“No worries.” Yuri yawned and opened the door slowly, “Hey do you want to come up for coffee?”

Tiffany was surprised at the invitation, “You sure? You don’t want to sleep?”

“I slept this whole time. I think you need caffeine more than me so you can drive back.” Tiffany happily agreed before finding a place to park the van.

 

Yuri was leaning on the counter ready to go back to dreamland while watching the coffee brew. Tiffany was on the couch watching Yuri ready to fall over from being so tired. She quickly got up when she saw Yuri stumble, “Maybe I should make it and you rest.” Yuri looked up at the girl who was now holding her before obeying.

Tiffany finished making the coffee and joined Yuri on the couch while handing her the mug. “Thanks.” Yuri inhaled the intoxicating smell that made her feel more awake with every breath.

“I didn’t want you to burn yourself, so no problem.”

“Not just that. Thanks for what you did this morning. Even though I was tired and didn’t stay awake long. I enjoyed every second of it.” Tiffany blushed that she had the ability to make Yuri that happy. “I like you around.”

“I like being around you.” Yuri put down her mug and leaned on Tiffany’s shoulder. Tiffany tensed up but immediately relaxed when she heard Yuri’s heavy breathing.

“I told you to just go to bed...” Tiffany picked Yuri up and carried her to the bedroom before laying her down and tucking her in. “Sleep tight, and thanks for the coffee,” Tiffany whispered before leaving Yuri’s apartment.

 

--------------------------

Yuri woke up and did her usual yoga poses in bed. “Ah the day has come!” She got out of bed full of energy ready to take on the most anticipated day. Normally, she would be overcome with nervousness before the big day but life has been pretty amazing the past week. Tiffany has been showering Yuri with affection the past week. It started with small things like watching the sun rise and giving small gifts, but as her heart opened more, Tiffany spent more time preparing events like booking the amusement park after hours so they could enjoy the rides alone.

Little by little, Yuri was liking the small things about Tiffany starting with her attractive eye-smile down to her cheesy lines. Not since Yoona did she feel so bright and enjoy her life this way. Maybe she did like her? Is it possible that her heart has already opened and she is just afraid of the next step?

 

Yuri went downstairs and greeted Tiffany with a hug, “Today is the day!!!”

Tiffany laughed at Yuri who was unusually hyper, “Aren’t you nervous?”

Yuri looked Tiffany in the eyes, “Nope! I have you here for support.” Tiffany looked away to cover her cheeks which were burning red.

“Let’s go then. I’m sure you will give the others a lot of energy too.”

 

The two arrived at the theater and Yuri was put into makeup immediately while Tiffany sat in the chair watching Yuri preparing for the opening night. It wasn’t Tiffany’s first time accompanying her employer to do a theater performance, but everything she did with Yuri seemed new and refreshing. There was no denying it that she was in love with Yuri and it killed her that she had to take things slow with her. Yet, she would go to the end of the earth to make this girl happy and fall for her. She would wait her lifetime to make Yuri’s hers.

The hairstylist finished and left the room leaving Tiffany and Yuri alone, “Finished already?”

“Yep! How much time to I have to relax?”

“We still have to set you up with audio, but they won’t come in for another 10 minutes.”

“That is like an eternity! So much time!”

“Did you want to go over your lines? Or something like that?”

“Manager Hwang you are always so serious with work. You should relax sometimes when the opportunity comes.” Yuri stopped spinning in her chair and looked at Tiffany in the eyes, “but I like that about you.”

Somehow these small compliments made Tiffany blush liked crazy. She couldn’t avoid the gaze that Yuri gave her which always pierced into her heart making it beat rapidly. “I think you should be more serious about things like this...”

“So serious.” Yuri and Tiffany spent the next few minutes in silence before Yuri looked back at Tiffany, “You know I have been thinking.” Tiffany immediately looked up at Yuri. “You know how you said you would court me?” Tiffany smiled when she remembered this past week with Yuri. “I think it has been working...I wanted to ask you...” Right as Yuri was going to say the next sentence, the audiovisual department barged in to equip Yuri with her microphone and earpiece.

“Yuri we have to do one final sound check, do you mind coming out for a test?”

It was killing Tiffany to watch Yuri walk out before finishing her sentence, but she knew Yuri would tell her when she is ready. Right now the show is the most important thing. Personal lives should only come after their work.

Yuri finished the last minute preparations and saw that it was almost time to open the curtain. “Tiffany, why don’t you head down to the audience? I need you to tell me how I did afterwards.” Tiffany nodded and gathered her stuff to head out, “Wait!” Tiffany turned around to face Yuri again, “Ah never mind...I will ask you after the show.”

Tiffany raised an eyebrow in curiosity, “Okay? I will head down. Don’t forget to practice some before going out.”

Yuri saluted playfully, “Alright manager Hwang!”

 

Tiffany found her seat in the audience and made herself comfortable. She liked being in the audience to watch the girl she loved finally returning to the stage. It was like 4 years ago when she saw Yuri perform in front of her for the first time. The anticipation was killing her before the lights dimmed and the performance started.

She watched Yuri go back and forth across the stage. She saw Yuri’s flawless acting and her presence on the stage made her glow even more brightly. It was almost time for intermission with one last scene. It was a very emotional scene between Yuri and her male counterpart. Tiffany was very engrossed in the storyline, pretty much forgetting her task of critiquing Yuri’s performance. Yuri only had only one wire scene in the whole show and this was the highlight before intermission. She was high up in the fake building on set, all she had to do was jump while the male caught her. It was an easy scene to pull off. The wire was only there for safety reasons.

Yuri made it to the top of the set and jumped with full faith that the crew would let her down gently, like they practiced many times before. However, things didn’t go as planned as she came down fast. The wire wasn’t set up properly allowing Yuri to fall straight down landing on her fellow actor. Leaving both unconscious.

Tiffany’s body reacted on her own as she quickly climbed up onto the stage before the curtains closed behind her. The tears poured down as she sat next to Yuri who wasn’t waking up, “Please don’t leave me...”

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Thanks for waiting! I got back from vacation and wrote this for you...so I hope it doesn't take me a week to update the next one.