Here With Me

A New Heart

Tiffany looked at the sheet of paper in front of her. She was confused how to approach Yuri about this issue. “Fany be strong! You can do this!” After doing a self-cheer, Tiffany knocked on Yuri’s door, “Yuri it is Tiffany.”

A rush of footsteps approached the door before it opened, “Tiff...I thought you were coming at 2pm, why are you an hour early?”

“I got news that the company wants you to ah...do some extra work.”

“Come in. Let’s go to the living room to talk about it.” The two went to the couch and sat down. Yuri was busy observing Tiffany who looked worried. “This doesn’t look like good news.”

“I got this notice from our boss this morning.” Tiffany couldn’t say the problem at hand in words so she pushed the paper towards Yuri.

Yuri started reading the memo and crumped it up before tossing it on the table, “I won’t do it.”

Tiffany sighed knowing that would be her answer, “Yuri can you think about it a little more? You really need to...”

“No. That is final. I told the company before I would never return to that place.”

“Yuri please. We can’t just let you do modeling and commercials anymore. The deals aren’t coming in often since you left...”

Yuri was quickly becoming enraged, “I said no! That is final!”

It hurt Tiffany that she had to bring up a sensitive topic again, but her boss was pushing her to convince Yuri. She didn’t want to make Yuri mad at her, even after she put so much effort into making the girl comfortable with her, but she knew that this was part of Yuri’s therapy as well. “Yuri can you just try it out? Please. This is good for you and the boss already accepted the offer.”

Yuri quickly turned around to Tiffany, “What?! He accepted without my approval?”

“Yea. You have to go since you are under contract.”

Yuri was surprised her boss did such an underhanded move especially since he knew that she wouldn’t be comfortable with taking this job. “Tiffany get the car ready. We are going to meet him.”

“Umm we can’t”

Yuri was getting impatient, “What! Why not?”

“He left for Korea.”

“When is he back? I will meet him then.”

Tiffany was bracing herself as if she was going to get hit, “A month...”

“Are you kidding me! What the heck! This is not fricken happening!” Yuri collapsed onto the couch with her head in her hands ready to cry out of frustration.

“I know how you must be feeling...”

Yuri was clouded by anger and frustration which went out on Tiffany, “How would you know?! Did you watch someone die in front of you?”

Tiffany was silent. She knew that she would be just upsetting Yuri the more that she forced the subject. “I will be back tomorrow to pick you up at 9am for this, but you need to get it together. We have a magazine shoot in half an hour. I will wait for you in the lobby.”

Yuri was too consumed with her own thoughts to hear that Tiffany left.

 

-------------------

Tiffany was in the car waiting for Yuri who was late. ‘Should I go up and get her? After the huge fight yesterday I doubt she would come without me pulling her out of the house...’ After a while Tiffany heard the car door open and Yuri entered in the back.

“Drive.” Just the one word uttered by the other girl made Tiffany shiver in fear.

The two arrived to their destination without conversation. All interaction with each other ceased since yesterday. Tiffany knew Yuri was mad at her boss but it still hurt that Yuri was taking everything out on her. Like their new friendship meant nothing to Yuri anymore.

Tiffany got out of the car and opened the door for the star, but Yuri wasn’t getting out of the car. “Are you coming?” Yuri looked up at the manager but Tiffany had a hard time knowing what the girl was thinking with those huge sun glasses covering her face.

“Do I really have to do this?” Tiffany was surprised to see a change in Yuri’s attitude from anger to a vulnerable little girl.

“I know this is going to be hard, but it may not be as bad as you think. Come on, I will be with you.” Tiffany reached her hand out to Yuri hoping that she would grab ahold.

“You won’t leave my side right?”

“Never.” Tiffany smiled as Yuri reached up to grab ahold of Tiffany’s hand, not letting go as they entered the building.

Tiffany was slowly leading the way into two double doors. Yuri stopped their progress when they made it to their destination and Tiffany felt Yuri’s grip tighten. “I don’t know if I can do this.”

Tiffany squeezed Yuri’s hand for reassurance, “Just take baby steps. You already took the first step by making it here.”

“I haven’t looked at this stage since that incident.”

“I know you are scared but think of this as a way to put the past nightmares to rest.”

Yuri looked at Tiffany with worried eyes but gave her a nod of approval to what Tiffany was saying was correct.

The two made it to the stage with their hands not leaving each other. They met with the director and Yuri finally had to release her powerful grip when the director guided Yuri to meet the rest of the cast.

Tiffany watched Yuri from the seats in the audience sections. She saw Yuri get more and more comfortable with her surroundings but Tiffany noticed that Yuri would never approach the right side of the stage. Even when the director was telling her to go over for the scene, Yuri would insist that they look at a different scene or divert the director’s attention to talk about the script. Although Yuri was struggling, Tiffany couldn’t help but smile seeing Yuri on stage again. It was something that she dreamed one day she could witness again.

 

~4 Years ago~

Tiffany made it to her first musical after arriving to America. She was excited because she remembered the famous Kwon Yuri when she was a child actress. Tiffany remembered when she was younger watching her favorite child actress on screen and how Yuri was so captivating and talented at such a young age. And now Tiffany had the opportunity to witness the actress in person.

The play started and Tiffany’s eyes never left Yuri. She watched every movement and heard every noise the star made. It was then that Tiffany remembered how her heart fluttered for the woman. She didn’t know if this was admiration of her talents or that Yuri’s charm and beauty took ahold of her heart. Yet Tiffany knew Yuri was out of her reach.

 

~Present~

Tiffany was caught up in reminiscing not noticing that Yuri was approaching her, “Hello? Earth to Tiffany?” Tiffany was startled to see Yuri waving her hands in front of her face.

“What? Practice done?”

Yuri smiled after witnessing her manager being caught off guard, “Haha no we just started. I have a break and came over to keep you company.”

Tiffany was going crazy in her head with excitement that Yuri was choosing to spend her spare time with her. ‘I feel like you are no longer out of my reach.’ Tiffany looked at Yuri in concern, “How is it going? Adjusting well after being away for 3 years?”

“To be honest. I never thought that I would hold a script in my hands ever again, but when it came into my hands again, I felt happy.”

“So are you happy to be here again?”

“No not at all. I am paranoid and I see the accident over and over again when I go near...”

Tiffany saw that Yuri was about to cry so she reached to hold Yuri’s hand, “Don’t push yourself. We can leave whenever. I will talk to the director if you want to...”

“No. I am under contract and I am the lead. Never once when I was the lead did I leave before the director dismissed me. I need to set a good example for the younger actors.”

Tiffany was happy to see that Yuri never changed her ethics even though she was facing obstacles. “Okay well I am always here if you need an escape.”

Yuri looked up into Tiffany’s eyes and saw that they gave her comfort and security. All her worries and fears were dissolved with one look into the deep brown orbs. “I need you here.”

Tiffany’s heart started to beat faster with every word that was coming from Yuri. She started to feel like Yuri was trusting her more and more. She gave Yuri a huge smile with her signature eye smile which made Yuri blush like crazy. ‘Am I blushing?’ Yuri reached up to touch her face as it was warming up, ‘Do I like her? No no...I am just comfortable with her. That is it. Yuri stop blushing! She might see.’ Yuri was trying to divert her attention away from Tiffany to stop her emotions, but Tiffany caught Yuri acting weird.

“Is something bothering you?”

“Ah nope. I will go talk to some of the cast...be back later.” Yuri quickly got up and left Tiffany bewildered.

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Ooooo Yuri goes back to stage acting, not to mention the same place Yoona was killed!! Also got to see some of Tiffany's past. Crazy stuff is happening.

Well sorry readers this took a while for me to write. I wanted to get away from it for a while to think about the story line. I hope this was worth the wait...if not, I hope I can do better in the next chapter.