Rain

A New Heart

*Drip Drip Drip* Yuri put out her hand as the rain started to fall. She stood there as the crowd of people around her sought shelter, but the rain started to cover her tears. The rain always made the tears flow down her cheeks remembering the day they put Yoona to rest. She wished that rain didn’t make the old emotions return but like clockwork, tears accompanied the rain. Suddenly the rain stopped for something was obstructing the rain from hitting her.

“You will catch a cold just standing out here like an idiot.” Yuri turned to see who was holding the umbrella over her head.

“Jessica?” The girl smiled at her.

“I saw a girl just standing in the rain and my instincts told me it was you.”

Yuri blushed that Jessica never forgot her old habits, “Why don’t we go find a café and warm you up with some coffee?”

 

The two made their way to a small coffee shop nearby and sat next to the fireplace to have Yuri warm up from being soaking wet. “Are you going to be this way every time it rains?” Jessica was looking at Yuri kindly as she took a napkin and wiped away the rain and tears that were covering Yuri’s face. “Makes me think I still can’t leave your side.”

Yuri looked up after Jessica’s statement, “I thought you liked someone else?”

Jessica smiled, “I do, but I still care about you. I also fell in love with you despite having those feelings.”

Yuri was looking into Jessica’s eyes to see the truth behind her sincerity, “What do you think would have happened if we went through with the marriage?”

Jessica raised her eyebrow, “Humm I don’t know. I am sure it would have worked out. We never fought when we dated and were always honest with each other. I would say we had a healthy relationship.”

“I miss that.”

Jessica started to chuckle, “You admit you missed me!”

Yuri started to blush, “Well we are friends...” she mumbled.

Jessica’s excitement died down as the two drank their coffee in silence, “So what have you been up to? I don’t see you roaming around the company anymore.”

“Actually...I am in a production.”

“What?! Really?” Yuri was trying to calm down the excited girl.

“It isn’t like I had a choice...”

“Huh? Someone forced you?”

“Our boss did. And it happens to be located at that place.” Yuri started to get depressed again thinking about past events.

Jessica saw the sudden change in mood, “Yuri, he can’t force you. If you need help getting out of it...”

“No it is fine.” Yuri looked up at the concerned girl, “I am going to move forward.”

Jessica smiled seeing that Yuri wanted to change. Something that she had trouble with when she was with Yuri in the past. “Something seems different.”

“Different? What are you talking about?”

“You wouldn’t even talk about that building or even let me into a production before. Even if the company forced you, why did you agree?”

Yuri thought about what was giving her strength and Tiffany flashed through her mind, “Maybe because I am not alone anymore...”

“You are dating?!”

“No! Girl keep your voice down. Everyone is staring at us with that high pitched voice of yours.” Yuri started to cover her face in embarrassment and wondered why she ever dated this girl when she causes a scene over the smallest things.

“Well what am I supposed to think...” Jessica started to pout to get an answer out of the younger girl.

“I have a personal manager.”

“So?”

“Well she is with me all the time.”

“So?”

“What do you mean ‘So?’ She is just with me all the time now.”

Jessica looked at her curiously, “Do you like her?”

Yuri was getting flustered with the blunt question, “Like? Well of course. She takes care of everything and we have to see one another often...”

“You are avoiding the topic. Do you see her more than a friend? Don’t worry, I already dumped you.”

Yuri started to panic like she was trapped in a corner by the cunning girl, “I don’t know.”

Jessica smiled, “You totally like her!”

“I said I don’t know! Jeez girl. Always jumping to conclusions.”

“Come on. I have known you long enough to see in your eyes that you like her. I mean you are doing things that you wouldn’t have dared to do before. Only love lets you conquer...”

“Oh shut up. I still said I don’t know.” Yuri was starting to get a headache with Jessica trying to sort out her feelings for Tiffany.

“Touchy. Looks like someone is in love...” Jessica started to sing before jumping back quick when Yuri tried to hit her.

“Ya! I said stop.” Jessica started to laugh after getting Yuri worked up.

“I was just joking. So touchy I see.”

“Stop instigating.”

The two laughed and joked around catching up over lost time after their separation. “I have to get going. I still have a schedule tonight.” Yuri got up as Jessica was getting ready to leave, “Yuri, don’t be afraid to love. I know you better than anyone else and I can see that you want to open your heart. Yoona wants you to be happy.”

Yuri smiled at Jessica, “I know. I just need time.”

“I understand. Take care and keep in touch more often.” Jessica gave Yuri a reassuring hug before giving her a peck on the cheek. “See you later.”

Yuri turned to watch Jessica as she left the café and smiled thinking how Jessica always knew how to cheer her up, but Jessica also left her with a lot of new things to think about. What did she really feel for Tiffany?

 

---------------------------

Tiffany got out of the cab pulling out her umbrella since it started to rain while she was in the cab on the way towards the company. “Ah the weather is so gloomy today,” she said as she looked up to the sky. She stood there for a while before looking around and saw a girl standing in the rain. “Yuri?” Tiffany started to make her way over to the girl that looked like Yuri but she was cut off by someone who covered the soaked girl with her umbrella instead.

Tiffany backed up a bit but she was curious to see who the other girl was. As the girl turned, Tiffany recognized the face right away, “Jessica?” Out of curiosity, Tiffany slowly followed the two girls to a nearby café and took a seat far enough away to see them interact but she couldn’t hear anything they were saying. ‘I want to get closer but they might recognize me...why are they being so intimate? I thought they broke up. What right does Jessica have to touch Yuri’s beautiful face. Now they are laughing. Maybe they got back together and Yuri didn’t tell me. Wait, do we have that kind of friendship? Would she feel comfortable telling me about her relationships? Probably not...’ Tiffany was getting more and more depressed as she watched the two interact.

She broke away from her thoughts as she saw the two girls get up. ‘Oh they are leaving. What is that hug? And kiss!’ Tiffany didn’t know if it was jealousy, anger or sadness but the kiss left her heart broken. ‘Tiffany you are so stupid. Of course if they loved each other once, they would fall in love again. I want Yuri to be happy...I should be happy...Maybe I should give up. She seems to like someone else.’ Tiffany got up from her table when she saw the two left the place but she didn’t even bother to open her umbrella when she exited the café. “It really is a gloomy day...”

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

So I finished my other story thus I am 100% dedicated to this story...meaning quicker updates :D

I am thinking the story is progressing slowly, but I dont know. Leave your thoughts in the comment area. I need some ideas on where to go with this story.