Something Missing

A New Heart

‘I can’t find it. Where did I put it??’ Yuri was searching frantically around her house for her lost item but she still couldn’t find it even after tearing apart her entire home. After hours of searching her phone started to ring, “Hello?”

“Yuri it is Tiffany. I am here, are you ready to go?”

Yuri didn’t want to leave without her precious item, but she knew she had work, “I am coming.”

 

Tiffany was waiting outside the car for Yuri to come, but the girl was taking much longer than expected so she reached down to try calling the girl again, “Yuri where are you?”

“In the elevator. Give me one minute.”

“Okay see you soon,” Tiffany said before hanging up the phone.

Yuri ran out of the building towards Tiffany, “I am sorry. Are we going to be late?”

“Not if we leave now.” Tiffany opened the back door to let Yuri in before going to the driver’s side so they could leave.

Yuri sat quietly in the car lost in her thoughts as her fingers traced the empty space on her skin below her neck, ‘How could I lose it?’

 

~4 Years ago~

 

Yuri opened the door of the car escorting the girl out by her hand. The girl looked up at her and smiled which made Yuri grin even more. “Did I tell you how pretty you look tonight?”

“You tell me every day.”

“Every day you get even more beautiful in my eyes.” The girl blushed at the hopelessly romantic Yuri which made her fall even more in love with her.

The two girls made their way to the entrance of the museum and entered after showing their invitations.

“Yoona!” A small plump man came up to the two, “I am glad to see you came.”

“We wouldn’t miss an event held by our sponsor.”

“Well the museum has gained two new beautiful works of art tonight.”

The girls laughed at the man who owned the museum, “Thanks for allowing us to come.”

“Enjoy the food and I hope you like the special exhibit.”

“We will go check it out for sure,” after Yoona responded, the man smiled and disappeared into the crowd again.

Yuri turned to look at Yoona, “You seem to know that man well.”

Yoona didn’t want Yuri to catch on to what she had planned tonight so she gave a small white lie, “We had some events here in the past so we have seen each other before.”

Yuri looked down and mumbled, “I wonder why I wasn’t invited to those events.”

Yoona wanted to avert Yuri’s attention, “Anyway we should go check that food out. It looks good!” Yoona grabbed Yuri’s wrist and led her to the food.

After conversing with the crowd and eating the various appetizers, Yoona thought it was time for her to go to the “special exhibit.” Yuri and Yoona made their way to the second floor towards one of the exhibition rooms. Yoona guided Yuri into the room but the room was dark, “Yoona I don’t think this is the right place. The lights are off.”

Yoona reached over to the wall turning on the lights which lit up the lights on a tree in the middle of the room that was covered in ice-blue string lights. Yuri was in awe of the glowing tree that she didn’t notice Yoona led her closer to the tree like she was being drawn to it without the guidance. “I know that it is a few days early but I wanted to surprise you. Happy Anniversary babe!”

Yuri was so touched that she didn’t know how to respond correctly, “So pretty.” Yoona laughed at her star stricken girlfriend.

“Yuri this time in America has been amazing with you by my side. If it weren’t you with me, I don’t know how my life would have been. You give me so much happiness every day. I love you. I love you so much.” Yoona was looking deeply into Yuri’s eyes as she watched the girl shed tears of happiness. “I know we can’t announce yet that you are mine but,” Yoona reached up to the tree and took off a necklace that was hanging on one of the branches, “if you were to wear this every day, I would know that I am in your heart every second you have it on.”

Yuri took looked at the necklace which very simple, a red rose inside a diamond studded heart, “Of course I will wear it every day.” Yuri leaned in to give Yoona a short but passionate peck before allowing the girl to put the necklace on her.

“Happy Anniversary.”

“Happy Anniversary,” Yuri responded as she leaned in to hug her girlfriend still shedding tears of happiness loving the necklace with all her heart for it was the heart she carried of the girl she loved.

 

~Present~

 

Yuri had a long day of work so she returned to her house which was still a mess from earlier in the day. She was about to break down in tears because she lost the one thing that connected her with Yoona for 4 years. It was stupid of her for losing something so precious to her and it made her feel helpless. Not having that necklace on her neck made it feel like a piece of her was missing.

She gave up looking for the day so she went back to fixing up her house until she heard a knock on the door.

“Tiffany?”

“I know that I should have called before coming over but there was some last minute changes to your schedule tomorrow and it is late, but we need to go over the changes now.”

“It is no problem. Why don’t you come in.” Tiffany followed Yuri into her house observing her surroundings with every step she took into the household. “Did you want something to drink?”

Tiffany sat on the couch unpacking her work materials before returning her attention to Yuri in the kitchen, “Coffee is fine if you have it.”

“I do, you want cream?”

“Yes please.” Yuri returned with two cups and put them on the coffee table.

“So what are the changes?” Yuri looked down to the papers that Tiffany had laid out while Tiffany explained the new schedule asking her if she agreed to the changes, to which Yuri had no objections.

Tiffany looked up at Yuri who seemed distracted again, “Hey Yuri, I noticed that you couldn’t focus today, is something bothering you?”

Yuri’s hand subconsciously touched the area where the necklace should have been again. “It is nothing really.”

Tiffany looked at Yuri with sincerity, “I know we are not that close yet, but if there is something on your mind, I am always here to listen.”

Yuri knew the girl always had good intentions but she was afraid to let her walls down and let someone into her world. However, she saw every day that her walls were cracking when she spent more and more time with Tiffany. “I ah...lost something and it was important to me.”

Tiffany wanted to help the girl more than anything, “What did you lose, maybe I can help you look?”

“It is a necklace. One I usually wear.”

Tiffany looked down to Yuri’s neck and noticed that the necklace was missing, “Do you want to look together this time?”

“Do you mind?”

Tiffany smiled and gave a quick eye smile, “I would be happy to!”

Yuri and Tiffany started the search for the missing necklace again, but after a while they were both going to give up until Yuri heard Tiffany yell out something from the other room.

“Yuri I found it!”

Yuri rushed over to the girl who was holding her precious necklace, “Where was it?”

“Under the couch cushion.” Yuri thought she looked there before but she didn’t care because all her happiness returned when she saw the necklace was back in her possession. “Did you want me to put it on you?”

Yuri nodded and held her hair up allowing Tiffany to put the necklace on her neck. After it was on she reached down and touched the necklace that was once again securely around her neck however the feeling was different this time. A feeling like the necklace represented someone new, a new person in her heart?

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

SNSD comeback: day 3 (Did you notice it is Yulti as MC of the show tonight)! Hope you have been enjoying it as much as me ^^

Thanks for subscribing and commenting thus far!!