Healing

A New Heart

*I saw her run towards me. She ran towards me and into my arms. Her beautiful smile was what made my world look brighter and more vibrant. She was the reason I found happiness in the world. She was beautiful inside and out, it was the reason I lived.*

 

Yuri walked into the company office to meet her boss, “Yuri take a seat.”

Yuri sat down next to the girl who was also in the room before she arrived. “I got the results from your evaluation this past month. The psychiatrist recommends we keep someone close to you at all times. She says you need a constant in your life. I looked at increasing your activities anyways so I am assigning you a personal manager this time.” The boss looked over to the girl Yuri was sitting next to, “this is Miss Hwang, Tiffany Hwang. She will be the one helping you from now on.”

Yuri looked at the bright smiling girl. It reminded her of how Yoona used to always smile. “Since we will see each other every day, just call me Tiffany. No need for formalities.” The girl continued to smile and held out her hand for the introduction.

Yuri reciprocated the handshake, “I’m Yuri, nice to meet you.” She had doubts that Tiffany was a good pick or not. The girl had so many qualities that reminded her of Yoona.

“Okay you two can get acquainted later. Yuri, Tiffany was already informed of your new schedule so you two should get back to work.” The boss was pleased with the decision he made as he watched the two girls exit the office.

Tiffany stopped shortly after leaving the office to turn around and face Yuri, “I know it may be weird to have someone follow you everywhere you go from now on but I hope you understand that I am just doing my job.”

“I don’t think it will bother me.”

“Great!” The woman gave Yuri a quick eye-smile. Something unique and beautiful Yuri had never seen before. “I hope we can become friends in the future!”

Yuri didn’t answer. It wasn’t because she disliked the idea of becoming friends with her manager, rather it was because Tiffany gave her mixed feelings. “What is first on my schedule?”
Tiffany pulled out a binder from her bag, “We have to go downtown to attend a fashion show and meet the designer. He will be styling you for the photo shoot tomorrow.”

Yuri didn’t hear much relating to her schedule but focused on the organized and calculative manager. She liked that her manager used tabs to separate the pages in the binder and how her organizers were different shades of pink. Made Yuri think that this girl was a professional yet had a childish obsession with the color pink.

The two made their way to the fashion show and sat in the front row. Yuri always found fashion shows to be boring but she looked over to her manager who was taking notes. I wonder what is so important about this show. Yuri found herself staring too long at the manager and quickly looked away and focused back on the models. Tiffany looked up to see Yuri acting strange but she continued to do her work and not divert her focus.

After an hour or so the show was over and Yuri followed Tiffany backstage to meet the designer. Both said some kind words about the clothing before the designer took some pictures of Yuri and took her measurements.

The first full day with her manager, the two never initiated a conversation; both trying to get over the awkwardness of each other. Yuri had become antisocial since the death of Yoona and Tiffany didn’t want to tread on thin ice. Always afraid she would say something wrong that could hurt Yuri.

The car came to a stop in front of Yuri’s apartment, “I will see you tomorrow.”

Yuri got out of the car slowly as if her whole body ached, “Ah yes.” Tiffany was pouting that she could only get a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ out of the girl, making any kind of conversation impossible. Yuri looked at the car drive away and continued to stare into the distance remembering the familiar scene:

 

~5 Years Ago~

 

Yuri looked down the road in anticipation after hearing the news that a Korean entered her company and she was finally able to meet this new girl to go to an audition together. After several minutes waiting she saw the familiar vehicle that her manager drove pull up. Her manager quickly got out of the car to open the door for the girl to get into the backseat of the passenger side, “Sorry we were a bit late, but we have some time before the audition still.”

Yuri just nodded and got into the back seat next to the bright girl that was sitting beside her. She examined the girl and realized this must be the new girl that came, “You must be Yoona?”

The girl smiled at her brightly and nodded, “You must be Yuri! I am so glad to meet you senior.”

Yuri laughed that the girl looked her age but she was being called a senior, “It is nice to meet you too.”

 

~Present~

 

A small gust of wind with cold air made Yuri shiver and break out of her thinking about the past. The night air was cold so Yuri rushed back into her house and got ready for bed.

After showering and putting on her pajamas she slowly walked around her room touching random objects on her desk with her fingertips, getting flashes of old memories with each object she touched. Her hand stopped on a glass angel figurine. She picked it up and looked at it intently remembering when Jessica gave it to her shortly after Yoona passed away. Her heart ached remembering the funeral but all the tears that would be shed were used up.

She carefully put the glass figure down and continued to make her way to her bed. Yuri picked up the prescription bottle of sleeping pills and took two to help her go to sleep, something she needed to routinely take for a year now. The pills stopped her from waking up in the middle of the night remembering the one day her world fell apart in front of her.

 

-------------------

 

With a new day ahead of them, Tiffany wanted to break down the barrier she felt between her and Yuri. She saw Yuri approaching and greeted her with excitement, “Yuri!”

Yuri was taken aback by the new outgoing personality. A little too much for her in the morning so she just coolly walked past Tiffany and went into the car closing the door. Tiffany felt a stab in her heart when she saw Yuri completely ignore her this time. Getting close to Yuri was something she found absolutely difficult. Again the car ride to the photo shoot was spent in complete silence which made Tiffany very uncomfortable but Yuri was glad that she could have a nice quiet morning for once.

They arrived at the location which made Yuri’s quiet and peaceful morning turn into a hectic and loud occasion. Tiffany immediately became busy talking to the stylist while Yuri was rushed aside to get her hair and makeup done. During the shoot, there was no need for them to interact with one another, but Tiffany spent her time observing Yuri who did her job flawlessly. Seeing someone who had been in this business for over 10 years made her respect her abilities even more. More and more Tiffany found herself in awe of this girl.

After a few hours, the photographer wanted a break so Tiffany rushed over to Yuri who was sitting in her chair taking a rest. “Did you need anything?”

Yuri was now awake and more aware of Tiffany’s concerns for her, “Just more water.” Tiffany felt her heart flutter every time the girl acknowledged her existence. She left to go find Yuri more water.

Tiffany walked back slowly to Yuri who was going through the messages on her phone and handed her the water bottle. Yuri was consumed in her phone that she didn’t even make eye contact with Tiffany this time which made Tiffany’s heart sink again.

After several more hours at the location Yuri wrapped up and thanked those for their hard work, except Tiffany. Tiffany didn’t like that Yuri was so cold to her, but she had to accept that she was still a stranger in the girl’s eyes, only in her existence to make her work life easier.

 

This behavior ignoring Tiffany’s presence made Tiffany go mad and she was about to mentally collapse. After a few weeks, Tiffany had a day away from Yuri so she went to go talk to her boss about the situation. *Knock* *knock* “Come in.” Tiffany entered her boss’s office and sat down, “What did you want to meet with me about?”

“I think you need to find someone else for Yuri.”

“Why is that?”

“I don’t think she really likes me at all.”

“Did she say something to you? Did you get into a fight?”

Tiffany waved her hands, “No no, nothing like that. It is just like…like she doesn’t even see me.”

“You just need to give her time.”

“I have been her for several weeks now and she doesn’t say more than two words to me.”

“Tiffany calm down, I know this is a hard situation but I put you with her for a reason.”
“What reason is that?”

“It is because you are outgoing and I see things in you that I also saw in Yoona.”

“Wouldn’t it be bad to have me around her then? I thought we wanted her to forget about Yoona?”

“I think forgetting someone is impossible, but if you are similar to her, I think Yuri will warm up to you faster.”

“I think it is making me more distant with her….”

The boss sat back in his chair to think about the situation, “How about I set up a meeting with Jessica?”

“Jessica?”

“She was the last person that Yuri opened her heart up to. I know it wasn’t well known around the company but they almost married not that long ago.”

“Wait? Yuri was almost married?”

“Why don’t you go talk to Jessica? I think she can help you.”

 

After meeting with the boss, Tiffany went to a nearby restaurant to meet the mysterious girl who almost married the cold Yuri she knew.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

I am so sorry for the delay but I wanted to give you quality work not something I wrote when I was half awake.

Just a reminder that this was a spin-off from A Picture of You so if you are a bit lost about something, refer to chapters 18-22 of that story to catch up, but I will try to rereviel things as the story progresses.