Chapter 5.1: On my own

Why, My Love?

 

*Eunhee's POV*

The next few days were quiet. I laughed less. I talked less. I ate less. I walked through the corridors of the school alone. No one tried to tickle me to death when I was struggling to keep the things inside my locker still. No one covered my eyes from the back when I wasn't not looking. No one walked me home from school. No one was my best friend.

After a few weeks, I started talking to others. Baekhyun's 'fangirls' tried being friends with me and asked me why he stopped going to school. They kept asking stuff about him and it was really annoying.

Since his free time is when I'm in school, he calls me. And when he does, I'm surrounded by his fans. We could barely hear each other, his fans were too loud saying such things like "Marry me Baekhyun" or "I'm your biggest fan". It was driving me crazy.

We tried our best to stay in touch. He would call me at midnight when he just arrived at the dorm. He still sings me lullabies to sleep. I record most of our conversations so I could hear what he says after I fall asleep.

"Dongsaeng, dongsaeng, dongsaeng! Nananananana hahahaha" his voiced played annoyingly on my phone.

I was happy because no matter how far we were from each other, we made ourselves feel closer than ever.

But... everything changed.

He grew closer to the other trainees feeling comfortable around them. He grew so close to them that he probably forgot about his best friend back home.

The phone calls were gone. The cute text messages were gone. The late night conversations were gone. And our friendship? It was gone too.

I was really alone now. I stopped talking to other people. I only stayed in my room and only got out if I needed too. Most of the time, I'd spend hours just staring at the ceiling, sometimes my phone. Hoping that he would call one day but I guess that day never really came.

Two years later, I graduate from high school and headed to Gangnam to study college. I took the course of architecture and there, I met a girl named Kim Taeyeon. She happens to be a Korean idol from Girl's generation, which is also under SM Entertainment. I didn't try asking her about Baekhyun,though. If I did, what if she suddenly drags me to the dorms just to see him or slap me to death because I kept quiet the whole time. Besides, I think I wasn't ready to see him in person and I probably might never be. I just tried to maintain my friendship with her and kept a low image to avoid fans. I know Baek is a Sone and it would be very difficult to hide from his eagle eyes.

A year more later, our friendship still remained a secret. We didn't leave the university at the same time. We don't take selcas together. We just kept quiet. Baek's group also became famous also known as EXO. The group was composed of 12 member divided into two subgroups: the singers and dancers. The dancers are Chanyeol, Kai, Sehun, Lay, Tao and Xiumin. The singers are Luhan, Suho, D.O, Chen, Kris, and of course, Baekhyun. I secretly went to their concerts and live performances. Until one day....

 

~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hi guys. Sorry to keep you all waiting. Just to make things clear: I separated the group into two according to their talent. I only changed their subgroups for the sake of the story.

~Thank you and don't forget to subscribe :)