Chapter 3: Meeting the Chairman

Why, My Love?

*Baekhyun's POV*

 

On the 8th of March, my brother wanted to give me a ride to SM Entertainment's building. We left at 3 am in the morning because it was going to be a long trip. Though Eunhee is a sleepyhead, she still wanted to come along.

The trip was long but fun. I kept telling my brother jokes so he could stay awake while driving. We sang some songs on the way too.

When the sun started to rise, my brother stopped at a diner to buy us breakfast.

"Why don't you two stay here" he said as he got out of the car "looks like the little girl is busy snoring" he pointed Eunhee and closed the door shut.

I turned to my left to see Eunhee asleep. Her head was bowed down and she snored softly. I gently pulled her towards me and held her close. As I wrapped my arm around her, her head fell on my shoulder.

I tucked her hair at the back of her ears then I started her hair. I hummed softly to her ear and planted a soft kiss on her soft, brown hair because I knew I wasn't going to see her that much anymore.

After a few minutes, my brother got back with food and he continued driving. He started eating but I just held Eunhee. I kept her asleep in my arms.

"If I was someone you didn't know" my brother spoke while munching "I would think you two are lovers" he teased. I rolled my eyes at him.

"If you don't shut up, I'll strangle you" I answered through gritted teeth.

At around 9, we arrived at the place where my dreams are going to happen. I woke Eunhee up and we both got out of the car. My brother said he will just stay in the car and wait for us there.

The building was beautiful, classy lobby, expensive ornaments, a crystal chandelier. I also saw people about my age which I assumed to be new trainees as well.

We rode the elevator and I pressed the button leading to the last storey of the building. The secretary lead us to a comfy sofa and told us to wait because the chairman is still talking to someone.

After a good 10 minutes, a girl, probably a few years older than me left the chairman's room. She had an attractive face and a great curve could be seen through her varsity jacket. Maybe she felt me staring at her so she winked and flashed a smile at me. It left me blushing. She went straight to the elevator with her back turned to us. The back of her jacket says "Oh Renji 13" and I took note of it. She looks like she's already a trainee here.

"Mr. Lee Sooman will see you now" the secretary kindly told us. We bowed to her and stood up. I looked down at my feet and I felt my heart beating faster. Eunhee probably felt how nervous I was. Her little fingers made their way between mine and squeezed it tight. This caused me to look worriedly at her but she had that cheerful smile on her face. I smile at her then we went inside Lee Sooman's office. When we got in, I saw a man in a gray suit looking outside his window.

"Good morning, sir" I greeted quietly.

"Good morning, you must be Byun Baekhyun" the chairman greeted, sitting down on his chair "please take a sit, both of you" We both bowed to him then sat down.

"First of all, I want to say congratulations for getting this far. I've seen your audition, Baekhyun and I'm very impressed. Your voice is unique and unlike any other." he said.

"Thank you, sir. I appreciate what you said" I thanked him then he gave me a smile.

"You will have to stay at the dorm along with the other trainees. You can get your schedule from my secretary but you are most likely to practice from 5 am until 9 pm. I wish you good luck" he instructed.

I nodded at every word he said. After telling me what I should expect from training, he paused for a while. It seems like his attention was taken by Eunhee who was silently sitting next to me.

"And who are, my dear?" he asked Eunhee kindly.

"Kwon Eunhee, sir. I'm Baekhyun's friend." she answered shyly.

"You have a beautiful, doll face" he praised her "did you audition too?"

"No, I'm afraid I haven't discovered my talents yet" she giggled.

"When you do, don't hesitate to call us" he said. Eunhee simply nodded.

I can't believe she would lie about her talent. Eunhee is a great dancer. She's been dancing since she was 4 years old. She's probably too shy to talk about herself. I know she's that way. I glared at her for not telling the chairman what she can do. Before the chairman could look at me again, I rubbed the expression off my face.

"I won't take much of your time anymore but I am looking forward to what you can do, Baekhyun" Mr. Lee Sooman said his farewell.

"Thank you sir, goodbye" we both bowed then left the room. I got my schedule from the secretary then went back to my brother's car.

"He is right, I have to wake up at 4 then go home at 10" I sighed "And I have stay at the dorm starting tomorrow."

"That's what you get if you want to be famous, hyung" my brother said supportively.

"I know, kkaebsong" I sighed once more, setting aside my schedule.

"Let's just get something to eat first before going home" my brother suggested and I just nodded. Eunhee stayed quiet the whole trip.

I wonder what's going through her mind.