Chapter 2: The Letter

Why, My Love?

*Baekhyun's POV*

 

I made my way over to Eunhee and pointed my back, gesturing that I wanted to give her a piggy back ride. She quickly wrapped her arms around my neck and I tightly held onto her legs.

I ran through the hallway and down the steps of my best friend's house. I went straight to the kitchen and saw Mrs. Kwon preparing our breakfast. The smell of bacon, pancakes and blood sausages filled each corner of the house.

I gently placed Eunhee down on a chair, making sure she gets down safely. I sat next to her and grabbed the chopsticks laying next to my plate. I could feel how happy she was especially when there is food around. I loved how she would look like the happiest child on Earth when she sees food.

Mrs. Kwon placed the food on the table and sat down with us. Eunhee was the first to attack the food. She stuffed with every food that could fit inside.

I laughed at her appetite, though I was already used it. Her mom would eventually get half of Eunhee's food and put it on hers. "Your brother brought your mail earlier, Baek" Mrs. Kwon said "its on top of the fridge" she finished, pointing to the refrigerator.

I nodded and got off my chair carrying a fork with a slice of pancake on it. I walked over to the fridge and reached for the letter with my free hand. I flipped it around to see who the letter was from. Finding out who it came from, I froze and dropped the fork onto the cold, wooden floor of the kitchen.

Eunhee worriedly ran towards me and snatched the letter away from my hands. After she checked who the letter was from, she gave me a blank expression. Her eyes were unreadable. she handed me the letter once again without any words.

Eunhee ran off somewhere but I just stood still, holding the letter in my hands. She got back with a reassuring smile across her face.

"I'm sure you got in" she flashed her sparkly eyes at me.

"I'm sure I didn't" I replied.

"If you do, buy me jjajangmyeon" she said childishly, handing me over her letter opener.

"Fine" I sighed. I slashed open the white envelop and unfolded the letter inside. I took one last deep breath and started reading out loud:

"Dearest Byun Baekhyun,

Congratulations! You have been accepted as a trainee at SM Entertainment. You may start training by the 9th day of March. Welcome to SM Entertaiment and Good luck!

-Lee Sooman"

"AHHHHH!" Eunhee's scream was the only thing I heard after I read the letter. I turned to her and saw the happiest girl ever. It was either because she was happy for me for getting in or I was going to buy her food. Either way, I celebrated with her.

This was a new road in my life and I'm not letting this chance slip off from my hands.