Alternative 2 : Him

Sunset, The Alternative Life

Alternative 2 : Him

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSapz4iH_68

 

Previously :

“With us trading our peaceful life on this project. I really do believe that we will try our hardest to make this drama the best you ever directed. I hope people will show me guidance throughout the way. Including you, Yonghwa sshi.” Seohyun bowed respectfully. Both of them sat down and signed the deal, while preparing their hearts with the challenges they will face later on.

***

 “I remember years ago, someone told me I should take caution when it comes to love, I did. You were strong and I was not. My illusion, my mistake. I was careless, I forgot, I did..”


Life has been throwing her some stuff that she never expected herself to encounter. At some point, she was really young when she faced the world. Trained to be perfect.  Flawless Goddess.. that descend together with 9 other members. Great at almost everything. She’s bound to get a few freaky person around her. So she sealed up her heart. Got hurt before, so she sealed it even more. Then she saw this guy who is so showy of his feelings like it’s the best thing that he needed to show it off. That he never think it as a sign of weakness. That read right through her poker face.

Of how something happened to her before. That it was not because of the innocence. There was something more… something deeper that ripped her heart apart that made her tremble in the mere presence of men.

Jung Yonghwa was different but impossible.

Her body, soul and heart were a claimed possession of a freak.

“I will inform your manager regarding this drama schedules or anything regarding exchanges. I hope we will work great together and produce a masterpiece.” The PD smiled widely and shook Yonghwa’s hand followed by Seohyun’s hand.

Yonghwa went out of the room most immediately, alone. Weirdly without his manager hyung. He seemed like he’s in rush to Seohyun but she shrugged it off maybe he’s up to another schedule. It wasn’t her business to begin with.

Yonghwa stared at his back huffing for air. Did he behave too inappropriately leaving like that? Who cares.. well maybe Seohyun did.

“Oppa, you should say your bye’s first.” Is what Seohyun will say to him. He shook his head not believing why do he needs to think of her opinion regarding him but just to be polite he walked back to the office. He opened the door slightly and saw lots of staff laughing along with Seohyun jokes. He stood there peeking because somehow he felt that if he was to appear again she might become cold.

Seohyun is still Seohyun that he knew. She was still her but some part of her changed.. and he don’t want to think about it. He don’t even want to think of her. But seeing her giggling like that made he wanted to see her behaving that way with him. Friendly maybe sometimes flirtatious too? Of course it’s not wrong.. she’s like that nowadays. Flirtatious, and yes she is indeed aware of her effect to the guys not oblivious like she did back in the days.

Flashback

Seo Joo Hyun, the name that he felt so lifeless when he said it.. It’s like his heart was being ripped apart by her hand.. by her own doing. With the help of his own for even dare to have any intentions on courting her.

He saw her today, even before he laid eyes on her, he recognize the sweet scented perfume that she’s wearing. He’s somehow glad that there’s some part of her that he recognized. But why does she needs to show out when he finally want to open his heart. Why? Why does it need to be on his first date? Why?

They locked their gazes, how can his heart take it.. when he saw those eyes of her. How could he answered her date when the girl he wanted so badly by his side is literally by his side staring back at him.. with those lovely shining eyes.

The eyes that made him go dugeun.. dugeun.

Should've kissed you there, I should've held your face, I should've watched those eyes

He stared blankly, knowing that this might be one of those days that reminded him of her. He continued chatting of with his date, why should he mind her? When she has no sort of feeling for him. Aren’t it obvious? Practically, everyone in the industry knew that she’s dating some hotshot that she kept under her closet. And for SAKE? Nobody knows who he is. Damn it.

People are starting to recognize her, and he is fidgeting on his seat. Staring at the cup of coffee on his table, shaking his feet.. with occasional laugh over the conversation which he didn’t focus on at all.

He saw her storming off from the café. His heart was screaming for him to call for her, hug her, protect her, hold her hand and run away from that place.

I should've called you out, I should've said your name, I should've turned around, I should've looked again.

He was to blame, he sat there unmoving.. when he saw a figure pulled her in and embraced her for a hug.

DAMN IT, his heart is breaking!

She did walked away and she brought his heart along with her departure.

“Jung Yong Hwa..? Do you even want to be here right now?”

“I’m sorry, I can’t help but compared you and her. I can’t.”

“I know. You can cry you know.”

“I’m done crying for her.”

“Said the man who a roll of tear just exposed himself.” Yonghwa clenched his fist and buried his head using his hand.

“You can show your trueself in front of me.”

“Why?”

“Because I like you.. and I can make you forget her.”

Present

Suddenly she turned her back, her hair forming a wave like motion sending the smell of her hair to his nose.

Indeed she saw him staring at the scene. The laugh that colours the entire room died down immediately when she saw him.

As he expected.

She raised her eyebrows as if asking him the reason he’s standing there.

“Seohyun, you are not going back yet?”

“Aniyo~”

“Oh.”

“Hmm..” Seohyun awkwardly pondered putting her forefinger on her chin, pouting. He knew that what she did was not on purpose. Her aegyo always came out naturally. But he hated every second of it.

Why is she doing this to me. Nappeun yeoja.

“I’m going back first.” His tone turned colder than the friendly question he asked before.

“Ahrasseo.” With that word coming out from Seo Joohyun he slammed the door, not purposely of course. He was just too immersed with the anger that’s building inside of his body.

“Oppa, your first scripts for the first episode!” Seohyun ran towards him to give him the script.

“Oh komawoyoo.”

“Are you mad.. somehow?”

“Ah aniyoo~ why did you say so?”

“Nothing then.” She shrugged.

“Seohyun ah~” She gulped the lumped at shocked with the sudden familiarity in his voice.

Suddenly a petite girl appeared so Seohyun smiled at her and bowed. Yonghwa turned his back and saw the girl.

“Oppa~” She squirmed under the judgemental eyes of the girl. Maybe, more than friends.

“I will take my leave.. I have a magazine photoshoot today.” She bowed yet again and moved away giving those two who she assumed and believed have strong attractions towards each other alone.

She tried so hard to walk without looking back.. She dragged her heavy legs step by step, hoping somehow that she became deaf for a moment just to shut off her ears hearing those giggling and friendly laughter coming from behind her. She can’t help herself but looked at the source and she was not mistaken. Those cheek bursting smile which he always exude when he’s with her.. he’s wearing it again. He was laughing badly with something Hee Joo talked about.. silly that she believed that he could only smile like that when he was with her. He said that to her.. and she believed it.

Lies..

It’s wrong which is a good thing for him. He deserves happiness. They should have time to enjoy before this drama thing blow up..

***

Changmin bowed to Lee Soo Man respectfully and closed the door as slow as he could when he saw Yunho standing right in front of the door who was about to turn the knob in order to enter the room.

“Changmin ah.. why are you with Lee Soo Man sajangnim?” Yunho looked at him, surprised.

“I went in to settle some stuff up.”

“What about?”

“Seohyun.” He sighed.

“Seohyun is she okay?” Yunho asked worriedly.

“I don’t think so.. No I certain she’s not.. I’m worried. Very worried. I need to go there, I need to find her. I got to go hyung,” Changmin dashed out.

Flashback

29th December 2010

 “SEOHYUN! Seohyun? WHERE ARE YOU?!?” Jessica and Tiffany ran through the hallway with echoes of their scream.

“The door won’t open oppa.” Yoona gripped their manager’s oppa wrist strongly while shaking.

“Get him!” SNSD’s manager told Yoona pointing to the television.

“WHO?”

“Him!” Yoona glanced at the speaker that is playing the CNBlue performance when the door sprung opened revealing a tired looking Seohyun.

“Seohyun ahh kwenchana?” Yoona held her hand worryingly.

“He’s gone.”

“How?!?”

“I let him go.”

“WHY?!?” Yoona shook SNSD’s maknae in disbelief.

“We can’t do anything anyways.”

“Did he do something to you?”

“Just pushing me around to get me to understand his point.. He went a bit overboard this time than the usual one.” Seohyun pointed at the scratch mark on her head.

“Seohyun ahh..” Yoona gave her a bear hug while their manager oppa squirmed in anger.

“It’s over.. as long as I don’t make him feel possessive again.” A tear rolled down her cheeks.

***

“What’s wrong with your eye?”

“Nothing.”

“Please.. I’m not a dumb person. Do you grow a sty or something?” He laughed so hard, holding his stomach.

“Stop.” She uttered it weakly.

“The glam girl got a sty. Heh. Much for the appearance.”

“I SAID STOP!” Her anger was fuming, and she can’t take it anymore, she stood up. The sudden raise of her voice, shocked him. He went overboard.. but something was off. He ran towards her and turned her over to face him.

“You lying, tell me. What’s with the shades?”

“My eyes hurt seeing your mere presence.” He ignored her scrutiny and removed her shades when she noticed the her right eye were swollen.

“WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!?”

“None of your business!”

“It’ my BUSINESS! Because you are MINE NOW!” He looked straight into her eyes with the most deathly glares that he can make.

“Cuttttt!” The PD yelled. Yonghwa quickly release her wrist from his tight gripped.

“Mian.”

“It’s fine, it’s acting anyways.”

The news or their participation in the drama are release to the press slowly beginning with the supporting actors. Tomorrow will be the D-day. Their announcement of participation. She could have guess what kind of headlines will they make.. oh she wishes it wasn’t around at all.

Yongseo couple are back!

Yonghwa and Seohyun to star in a new upcoming drama.

Breaking News, Both Yonghwa and Seohyun are confirmed as the lead in the new drama  helmed by the PD of Full House, and Queen In Hyun’s Man writer.

“What the heck is she thinking!??!” A man threw the newspaper at the television, fuming with madness.

“This is way too close!” He screamed in panic seeing the close proximity Yonghwa and Seohyun is with each other during the script reading session.

“She’s MINE!” He walked anxiously to the golden table at opposite end of the room, and picked up the phone.

“Annyeonghaeseyo young master.”

“You know the new drama, Heartless. Make sure the investor dropped it.. no matter how much it is. We will pay.”

“But..”

“You heard what I SAY DON’T YOU?”

“I do.”

“Do it right away.. after all of that is done, let’s invest in it.”

“Right away, young master.”

My love, im coming for you.. be patient.

***

“Hyunnie.. is the press still lurk at your home?”

“Yes, and it’s growing.” She sighed.

“How are you? Did anything weird happened?”

“No..”

“You are living with your unnies right?”

“Yes.”

“At least, there’s someone at home. They are always there right when you are at home?”

“Yes, they make sure at least one person is here.”

“Minho.. I feel like I’m troubling everyone. Do I make a wrong decision to accept it?”

“What are you talking about now?”

“It would be easier if I just sat at home and be alone, nobody will get harm.”

“Yaaa paboyaaa. You really want to stand behind his shadow all the time? Do you?!? Every single things you do, you must tell him. You must not hurt him. He’s not your husband or anything. He’s an obsessed freak, who will do anything just to get you. He’s a LUNATIC! Your life is not condemn by a lunatic. Please don’t do that, he might have all the power but he’s not going to have you. We won’t let him.” Sobbing sounds can be heard through the phone.

“Seo Joohyun.. we grew up together don’t we. We all been through a lot, you help us before so you have all the more reasons to trouble us. We are always there by your side. So stop crying okay. Shh~ Tomorrow is the filming right? Tell your unnies that I will drop you there.. It’s been a long time since we last seen each other. And you need your strength to face Yonghwa right?”

“It’s not that.” Seohyun protested.

“So you are going to be in denial mode at us again? You love him, admit it.”

“Choi Minho, know your boundaries!” Seohyun half shouted at Minho. “I’ve moved on, a show is just a show.” She lowered her tone and looked at her side.

“Keep that in your mind. He’s the guy who noticed what happen to you in such a short period of time without anybody telling you.”

“Doesn’t matter.” She said nonchalantly.

“Of course, Seohyun. It never matters to you.” He snickered bitterly to himself.

***

Minho opened the car door for Seohyun and all eyes are on them, looking curiously including Yonghwa’s.

“Thanks Minho.”

“I’m picking you up, just tell me what time it is.”

“No, you will not. I won’t disturb your rest time!”

“Seohyun.” He whined. “Let the hyung fetched you up then.”

“Yaa people will call me a sly fox having all these different guys fetching me up.”

“Then I can just picked you up.” Minho squeezed her hand gently.. trying to reassure her. “I want to sleep and rest peacefully knowing that nothing bad happened to you, I’ve been having all these bad feeling and Changmin are away, Kyuhyun hyung desperately asked me to send your pictures all the time. And don’t get me started with all those SM family members.

“Ara..”

“Then listen.”

“Changmin oppa, where has he gone?”

“To settle some stuff up.”

To make sure nothing happen to you.

Seohyun waved goodbye’s to Minho and bowed to the people around her when all the make up staff’s started to get around her to prepare her for her scene. She stole a glance at Yonghwa who dismissed her and looked back at the script, walking away from the drama site. Clearly already finishing up with his scene. They aren’t shooting anything today. Thankfully.

“You can go ahead and tell them. All we had is gone now. Tell them I was happy and my heart is broken, all my scars are open. Tell them what I hoped would be Impossible.”

 

 

Author's Note

Some of the bold words were taken from the lyrics of Parachute - The Mess I Made. Please provide your input from time to time. Lots of love for the comments, upvotes and the subbies. I think this is the last update for this week and maybe for the next..next week. Please do understand that i have an exam going on. Thanks