Alternative 8 : Intense 2

Sunset, The Alternative Life

Alternative 8 : Intense 2

“You don’t even ask how is she but the first thing you did to me is punching me?” Yonghwa grabbed his collar, making him hit his back on a blue car at the sideways of the street. Jaejoong responded by kicking him on the groin and Yonghwa almost faltered to the ground but managed to throw in some hook on Jaejoong’s stomach.

“She loves me!” Jaejoong emphasize, coughing blood before headbutting Yonghwa’s forehead causing Yonghwa to fall down on the street walk. His face smashed to the ground. Jaejoong lifted him up by his collar and punched him on his right cheek, left cheek.. again his right cheek. Repeatedly.

“You got my warning. This just a piece of me!”  Yonghwa snickered, throwing a punch back on his stomach but to no avail he stayed unmoving. His vision started to become blurry when Yonghwa’s head was smashed to the floor again by Jaejoong.

“Seohyun is mine!” He tried to move, but it’s getting darker.. still he threw another headlock in before fainting muttering “leave her alone if you really do love her.”

***                                                                                                                  

“Let me forget you just for one day.” these are words I can’t keep

Jaejoong tried to shake the now unconscious Yonghwa, but there’s no reaction from the latter. Jaejoong put both his fore and middle finger under Yonghwa’s nose to check if there’s any breathing process indication. He still does, so Jaejoong decided to deck out and made his way out of there. He stood up, wiped his bloody nose with his hand trying his best to stabilize his movement in order to walk properly towards his car when he felt bothered by what Yonghwa had said.

The fact that before Yonghwa had implied that he did not love Seohyun was cleared because Jaejoong went and punched him, not that he asked whether she’s fine or not.

The thought that another man was trying to say that he has no ounce of interest over Seohyun’s feelings irked him. Now he felt like, punching the life out of Yonghwa again. He punched the lamp post grudgingly, before looking at his bleeding knuckles. He fumed to himself before changing his direction back to the place where he left Yonghwa at.

Yonghwa groaned in dismayed over the pain he felt all over his body. Still fresh, with the memories of the fight he sat up instead of lying down on his bed but his movement was limited due to the IV drip that’s inserted on his hand and other several wires dangling at his bed side. At his side, he was attended by a doctor, he knew it only because of the white doctor coat he was wearing. Did he got discovered by some passerby was what he’s most curious at.. the fact the he woke up in his own room was all the more confusing. The doctor tried to calm him down.. asking him to lie properly again but no way in the world he’s going to do that when Jaejoong was standing right in front of him with his cocky smirked plastered all over his face.

“No words of appreciation over my generous action in saving your insignificant life?” Yonghwa scoffed with what Jaejoong had said though it did come across his mind of why Jaejoong did not just end his life right there and then.

“Why am I here?” 

“Listen, you are here because Seohyun cares deeply about you and I’m letting you live because I love her.” He tried to remove all the wires but his movement was stopped when he felt a pang of injection on his wrist.. his visions starting to get blurry… it was cleared that he had been shot by a tranquilizer to calm him down. But he can’t help to think negative thoughts with Jaejoong’s face only 10 meters away from him. His consciousness was depleting… he was aware of that because of the side effects that’s started to kick in but what Jaejoong had said definitely are bothering him.

Is there slightest chance the Jaejoong really loves Seohyun or even care about her?

***

The current stockholders meeting for FNC entertainment are held in the new FNC building meeting room. Growing as one of the top entertainment agencies entering the top 10 with renown idols like CNBLUE, FT Island, Juniel just to name a few.

Jung Yonghwa’s agency. How fun will it be messing around with Yonghwa’s agency? Jaejoong smirked amusingly at his seat. He’s going to make sure FNC will be host by KJ Entertainment. If SM grabbed Woolim entertainment he’s just going to grab the next big thing and with the recent FT Island crisis makes it way, FNC is more vulnerable than before.

His thoughts were put to a stop when Han Seung Ho announced the arrival of the new stock holder and the board member of FNC Entertainment and said that he’s going to represent FNC artists.

“So this is Jung Yonghwa.”

Yonghwa did everything he could and worked hard to make sure his co-workers are satisfied with his appointment to represent them. Petitions were sent to make sure there were no hard feelings and it’s especially hard to gain his sunbaes approval.

His eyes eyed every single move made by Yonghwa’s starting from him walking through the meeting door with his formal attire until he’s fully seated on his rightful place which was right opposite to Jaejoong’s side. His amusing eyes turned into an angry predator.. he felt like his favorite pet has been taken away from him. His right hand formed into a ball of angry fist ready to pounce on Yonghwa but he sat there rigidly with his composed smile and continued to look at the documents. Flipping pages by pages, trying to keep himself contain not to leash out anymore. That’s the least he could do.

Changmin, representing CEO Cha’s which a SM affiliate and one of the investor analyzed every single interaction occurring in the room. His eyes were moving between those two, drafting a report in his mind when he felt his phone vibrating. It was Seohyun’s number.

He bitted his lips, feeling dismayed over what he will do. He chose to ignore it and kept a close eye over the situation.

The bumbling feeling of happiness was clearly shown on Yonghwa’s face with his cheeky laughter when he was greeting the person seating next to him. Because he won’t easily let Jaejoong played them around anymore. Let it be Seohyun or FNC.. he won’t get to touch a single thing.

“I need your approval sunbaenim?” Yonghwa bowed politely to each of FT Island members.

“What if we don’t want you there?”

“Reason, please tell me the reason so I can try to understand you.”

“I don’t trust our career with you.” FT Island leader spoke without any hesitance although they are good friends with each other.

“I’m your friend.. I understand what you want and what you need, so why won’t you trust me?”

“It’s because of that we won’t trust you.” Yonghwa raised his eyebrows to Hongki’s statement.

“Because we are afraid that our friendships will get in between. Our fandoms fight with each other Yonghwa hyung. We aren’t satisfy with the clearly distinguish way of FNC treated us compared to you. You’re CNBLUE frontman Yonghwa.. we love you guys but still it will be a lie if we don’t get sad with all of these happening to us.”

“Jaejin. That’s why you need to have me there. I want nothing but to help all of us. We all trained together.  I want nothing than to have succeed along with you guys. How can you forget how I tried very hard to support this company in my rookie years. You know what? I don’t even want this position.. I don’t want us to be like this. But you know what, I need to.. when there’s desperation. There’s a freaking determination to get rid of it. I will excel when I say I will.. I know my responsibilities and I will fulfill it needlessly and this is one of the moments.”

“What makes you feel like stepping up to this position then?” Jonghoon asked again when Hongki nudged him as if the question was the forbidden apple.

Yonghwa’s faced turned dark.. he looked at the ground before looking into each of FT Island members as if fire was burning on his eyes.

“Seohyun.” He whispered almost breathlessly. Jaejin whom was quite close with Seohyun avoiding eye contacts with Yonghwa by turning his head to the other side showing a glint of despair over the mention name. “She.. This is embarrassing, I want to help her at first.. but she’s not my only driving force right now. Someone needs to stop Kim Jaejoong. Don’t you guys know about his activities?”

“SM aren’t that good either Yonghwa.”

“I know.. that’s why I don’t want to cooperate with them if I could. I feel like they have another hidden agenda. But at least, they are protecting their artists and as long as they don’t get into our turf.. I don’t care about them.”

“Seohyun sshi or us.. which one will you choose when worst come to the worst?” Min Hwan asked Yonghwa.

“Neither, I will choose myself.” Yonghwa’s voiced were full with authority then but all the members burst into fits of laughter when they saw Yonghwa started to show his cheek bursting smile to all of them.

“I will just self-sacrifice to make sure nobody get hurts.. but you guys need to train Jonghyun to become CNBLUE’s frontman. Hahaha.”

There’s too many intruders right now, FNC do not has any problems but the fact that they only manage to produce a few fully acknowledged celebrities were definitely a problem. And these peeps knew it, and that’s why KJ Entertainment wanted in, offering themselves as a potential investor while SM used a much more discreet tactics. They claimed to protect Seohyun and he wanted to believe in that because he can’t take them down using the mere power he has now. With Changmin, stepping up it was more likely for the good of his dongsaeng.

 “I don’t see that AOA can bring any income, don’t you feel its right to get rid of them?” Jaejoong asked the President curtly.

“If they don’t meet the cut, you just going to get rid of them?” Yonghwa had asked Jaejoong the question which most of the board of directors were looking at him stunned because they knew better not to play with Jaejoong. It’s just much better to let him go on with his ways.

“Exactly, when we invest we expect money to come in. AOA just wasn’t worth saving.” Jaejoong argued.

“Their concept was one of the more unique one, I believe they have the potential to do that.” Yonghwa had sternly defended them.

“It only meant that they are unique.. lots of potential but they do not able to carry it out. We need a new one, time will drown them. We expect profits but they only bring us debt.” Changmin chimed in the discussion despite being really quiet before.

It does seems like SM was just trying to side with Jaejoong now.

“That’s the problem right there. Unique doesn’t mean profits.. changes only can be made when you are afford to do so. If you look at the top girl group SNSD.” Jaejoong purposely mentioned the said girl group to observe Yonghwa’s expression. He smirked amusingly when he noticed Yonghwa’s face darkened before continuing his sentence. “SNSD are wonderfully packaged idols.”

“To be more precise they are quite a talent for idols.. and they are marketed perfectly.” Another member of the discussions joined in the conversation.

“Especially the maknae right?” Jaejoong smiled in amusement at Yonghwa. Yonghwa looked at him with utter disgust. He doesn’t even bother to use the right word out. Even in public.. he just seemed to not have any filter at all. Yonghwa do know that its advantageous to him now.. because it seems Jaejoong was affected by him after all to bring up personal stuff in a business meeting. Yonghwa looked at the shock stricken face of the board of directors including the now glaring Changmin and the victorious face of Han Seung Ho.

When the meeting was adjourned, Jaejoong proceed to shake hand with Jung Yonghwa in a total staring competition with a very strong hand shake to justify each of their own position.

Jaejoong leaned forward and started to whisper something to Yonghwa.

“I let you off once, and I let you enjoy for a while but do know that I will come and get what’s mine again.” He proceeds to tap Yonghwa’s shoulder which was still hurting from the fight before. Yonghwa mouth twitched trying to hold in the pain with every pat that Jaejoong made.. not wanting to make any wrong move in front of the people.

Jaejoong closed his eyes, trying to withhold a scream when Yonghwa suddenly grabbed his bruised wrist that is perfectly covered by his tuxedo.

“I don’t need any permission to court a woman that is not in love with you.. You might as well be aware that she’s never over me.” He spoke softly, careful not to be heard by anybody.

Yonghwa started to strum his acoustic guitar, randomly humming away some melodies when Jonghyun walked in worried.

“You fine hyung?” Yonghwa nodded.

“How did he get in?”

“I gave him, our apartment’s passcode. Apparently he said that if I didn’t give him access he can always just threw you somewhere else. I already made a deal with him not to say anything about this incident, it’s not like we can do any kind of reports when Jaejoong was backed up by so many important figures. And yeah, Manager hyung said that your drama scenes will be postponed to tomorrow. They will film some of tomorrow scenes today instead.”

“It already scheduled. It’s hard to cover the shooting time. The actors won’t relent on changing their schedules last minute.” Yonghwa grabbed some clean t-shirts on his drawer.

“Seohyun stepped in. She offered her scenes to be filmed earlier and persuade some other actors and actresses to do the same.”

“Did she know about last night?”

“I’m not sure hyung but Kyuhyun hyung knows.”

“How did he?”

“He’s with me during the call was made. It seems that if I didn’t comply with Jaejoong request you really might be thrown away.”

Yonghwa was about to ask another question to Jonghyun when his phone was vibrating so instead he picked it up ignoring the fact it was an unknown number and Jonghyun walked out from Yonghwa’s room.

“Annyeonghaeseyo, it’s Shim Changmin speaking.”

“Oh.. hyung. How do you get this number?”

“It’s not important, but I heard you are involved in a fight?”

“It’s nothing hyung.”

“It’s something Yonghwa.. It’s something. You won’t be directly dealing with Soo Man songsaenim. Any actions of the plan that about to carry out I will be instructing you on it including a few other sunbaes. The fight, you better don’t ever get into one.”

“It’s self defense.”

“Start to use your brain Yonghwa, not force. Jaejoong without a doubt went easy with you, it’s good because it shows that he aren’t so sure with what he’s doing anymore. We will bury this issue to protect Seohyun’s image. You should know very well that all the behind the scene rumors that Seohyun and Jaejoong had. It’s so easy to relate it to one source which is Seohyun in the end. I know both of your side.. neither Jaejoong or us will bring Seohyun up but the thing is Jaejoong’s dad will.”

“Did anyone saw what Jaejoong did to Seohyun that you guys cover it up with some dating rumors?”

“Not exactly, no. Jaejoong never actually did physically abuse her. He was seen around with her couple of times.. and his obsessive inquiries towards her pretty much seal the deal on those rumors.”

Yonghwa knew he’s supposed to feel glad and relief with the  sudden revelation but he was disturbed because he can’t read Jaejoong at all now.

Does he or doesn’t he loves Seohyun?

But he knows there’s more important issues to settle in, one of them is to know where SM stance is. Which side are they on.

“Hyung, what side are you on?”

“Neither. I’m on Seohyun’s side.”

“Can I trust you.”

“You can’t, honestly. I can do anything and everything in concern of Seohyun. If destroying your company is what it will take to do so. I will do that Yonghwa but I doubt you could do the same. Your CEO chose us because there’s no other way to kick his influence out.”

Silence was heard on both lines. They were thinking..

“I love her hyung.”

“We all love her Yonghwa. We all do. The thing that pains me the most was that my own brother was hurting her. The brother that she used to care about deeply once upon a time.”

***

A group of gangsters are seen in three black cars in the car park. The leader picked up his phone call when it felt his phone vibrating.

“Make sure you get your job done swiftly.” He nodded knowingly, after hearing his instructions before hanging up.

“Give me the picture.” He looked at it, and saw the famous celebrity. He slammed his car door as all his gang members followed him and stood right beside her.

“You know who is our target right? No mercy.. remember that. Now let’s start our plan.”

They kept looking at the exit door for the said person to come out.. right about 30 minutes later, they saw their target. Armed with baseball bats, hockey sticks and knives they lunged out ready to ambush when a loud screeching sound was heard.

“You dare to attack me!”

“It’s his son..” One man shouted, backing away.

“We still has instructions to follow.”

“Seohyun get in the lift now!” Jaejoong shouted his veins almost popping out due to anger.

“You low life! You heard me or not!”

“Get her!”

Seohyun stood there frozen, almost shaking when she felt herself being pushed by Jaejoong who rushed to push the lift button cursing over the unavailability of stairs during dire time like this.

“Damn it!” Jaejoong kicked the lift, his other arm was protecting Seohyun when he heard a loud ‘BANG’ sound. He looked at the source of the sound when he noticed a motorcycle were spinning its way through the crowd of gangsters. Yonghwa was rolling on the parking lot before his back hits the wall.

“Y-Yonghwa oppa.” Seohyun ran back to the parking lot.

“What are you doing!?” Jaejoong pushed her back inside.

“Yonghwa oppa is there! He’s there! He’s going to get hurt! I-I can’t leave him. LET ME GO!” She screamed pushing him away, her eyes were flooding with tears.


 

Author's Note

I promise, that next chapter will be lighter to celebrate Yongseo's birthday. :D Arrogant Stranger is halfway written. I need some more time. Sorry :/

*drumrolls* Happy 26th (korean age) birthday Mr Jung Yong Hwa! A gift for you..