Alternative 1 : The Script

Sunset, The Alternative Life

Alternative 1 : The Script

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x6UkgY7wKw

 

“Fairytales don’t always have a happy ending, do they?”

 

2 years ago

She remembered walking mindlessly without any direction on some road in Korea wearing her disguise.. she sets her eye on a familiar figure inside a café. She dismissed the thought and walked in, ordering a cup of coffee. Yes, she did order one. Why? Because people changed and she did too. She hummed a tone and walked to the empty table besides the window, when she pulled out the chair she noticed the same guy that felt so familiar. She accidentally took a glance on his side, lowering her cap when doing so. When the guy looked at her side too.

It was him, they locked their gaze. She knew it, those eyes and those snaggle tooth of him. A girl sitting opposite her, called him out. Still, their eyes were still locking. But those eyes, there was no hint of surprise. It’s been a while since she and him last saw each other, even more if it included exchanging hi’s and bye’s. Their WGM days were long gone.. Stranger with blurred memories and a tremendous knowledge about each other once upon a time.

He doesn’t even show any sort of friendly smile. His eyes looks like sunset, a sun that won’t rise again.

Seohyun drifted her eyes to her coffee… still feeling like the piercing gaze was on her. She can’t be around here anymore, it felt like he can see through her. She can’t do this, she knew that there wasn’t anything to expect after what have happened and she knew better that she needs to take a step away when she saw him. His eyes were no longer on her, but instead it was adoring the girl in front of him.

‘Yes. Oppa look at her now.. look at the girl in front of you. Not from your past.’ 

Somehow her heart’s hurt. She stood up from the chair, both of the eyes sitting beside her with the window as a barrier looked at her. She heard murmurs coming in because people are recognizing her because her cap fell down. Maybe that’s why he looked at her with such estranged gaze but no he ignored her presence and sipped the coffee in front of him.

This was her cue.. to walk away maybe forever.

Somehow they make themselves believed that they’ve never known each other.

***

 Present

 

“Who do you think you are, demanding me which way to go. What to do. What project I’m going to do.” Yoorim screamed in between her tears.

“I’m your partner in crime!”

“Then act as one. You are after all a partner in crime!” Yoorim threw away her scripts to Seju face fuming with anger.

“Hmm.” Seohyun leaned onto the balcony rail thinking to herself, holding the script on her left hand while sipping her green tea on the other hand.

“Accepting, Seohyun?” Her manager amusedly asked the young woman knowing fully well that she is very choosy on her scripts but he just knew that she will accept this one. It’s such a gold mine. It has the complete package in it. Marketability, profits, popularity, range of emotions that can be acted with, great staff and production team. What more could she seeks for. Even the PD himself are a famous PD that helmed the successful drama like Full House, The World They Live In, Coffee House and et cetera. Don’t let her talk about the writer, she wrote numerous scripts that she really love. It’s full of something different and refreshing, Queen In Hyun’s Man and Coffee House just to name a few.

“This drama. It really needs a whole lot of chemistry to bring this into its A game. Who’s the cast member?”

“That. I know, but he is still in consideration.”

“Who?”

“Are you sure that you want to know who?”

“Of course I am.” Seohyun nodded convincingly.

“Jung Yonghwa.” Seohyun lets out a small gasp. This is really a dangerous move they are taking. It can’t be with ‘that’ person. She is very much awkward with him now, but this chance only come once in years. In her life philosophy, If she really wanted to do great things she really shouldn’t be hesitating only because of this tiny glitch in her system.

“Okay oppa, let’s just lay low for this one. But tell them I’m also considering.” Her short stricken face is fading away as she regains back her composure.

“A meeting with the PD will do Seohyun?”

“Yes.” She nodded and took her handbag to proceed to her next schedule.

“It’s a very bold move right now, I got to say this is a very tempting offer the script is very wonderfully written and executed. I expect greatness in this one, it felt like now it’s up to the actors to carry it well. It has fluff and dephtness. There must be a reason because usually we tend to escape any things that will cause scandal again and that involve my rumor co-star.” Seohyun tries to think by mumbling to herself slowly but loud enough to be heard by her manager.

“I agree but shockingly Lee Soo Man songsaengnim said to do as you please, because he thinks you are ready. I think you are ready too, Seohyun.”

No Lee Soo Man songsaengnim just want me to prove my worth to him like always.

She felt her Iphone 5 vibrated in her pocket with I Got a Boy as it’s ringtone. Changmin oppa name appeared on the screen while she sighed heavily with its name.

“Kwenchana Hyunnie?” Changmin asked her condition right away.

“Not even saying hello are we now oppa?”

“Yaaa this bad girl. I’m serious.”

“I know, but this story is bit of a dread and a lengthy one too.”

“Just talk Hyunnie.”

“Arasseo.” She started to talk terribly fast not even taking any breath in between. Her manager oppa smiled, because he knew who is she talking too especially when she’s in her rapper mode. She is telling him a gist of what’s happening.

“You talk to your unniedul?”

“Ne.”

“What did they say?”

“That they have full trust in me on whatever did I do and they will support me all the way.”

“They took the words right from my mouth. That’s exactly what I’m going to say.”

“I only sense trouble though, oppa.” She sighed.

“There won’t be any trouble. Repeat that in your mind and it really won’t be any.”

There won’t be any trouble

There won’t be any trouble… There won’t be.

And just like that she went into a deep slumber, snoring slowly at the backseat of the car.

***

“Hey honey, for you.” Park Seju raises his trophy up in the air at the backstage.

“Yeah right.” Han Yoorim whispers on his ears playing the perfect girlfriend role but in truth she was whispering words that can slash your heart in the instance. “Don’t you ever dare honey me.”

“Being in a loving relationship, my .” He rolls his eyes and slapped his own earning a glare from the woman who is walking away from the spot.

“This guy is such a jerk. Hahahahha.” Yonghwa laughed, rolling on his Busan’s home bed.

“Hello, manager hyung! Tell them I’m accepting this role right away.” Yonghwa’s dialed his manager hyung number.

“Really?! Good! But wait you don’t want to know your co-stars first?”

“Well who is it?”

“I don’t know.”

“What? Then why ask me.”

“Sorry Yonghwa, they wanted to lay low. Seems like it’s from a powerful company.. higher up than FNC I guess because even if we tries to dig around no results is obtained.”

“Ahhh kwenchana hyung. I will manage.”

***

“Please sit, Seohyun sshi. You can ask whatever you want.” PD Pyo Minsoo flashed her a knowing smile.

“The leading man will be Jung Yonghwa correct?”

“Yes.” The PD smirked.

“Why is this so?”

“Simple. Like with you, I think he can carry this role wonderfully.”

“Are you not afraid of the fans? Never once you think this is an absurd situation where we both have our own legion of shippers and haters when both of us appear together.”

“This question.” He smirked again. “As expected from you.”

“I’m really curious regarding this bold move of yours.” Seohyun stared at him in disbelief with this man amused looks but decided to ignore it.

This is really fishy.

“Everything is bold in entertainment business Seohyun sshi. But let me ensure you, yes this a gambling move I’m taking but the writer said the one she is imagining while writing this story is both of you. I believed in acting, the real actors will manage to act out the characters and make the ‘real life perceptions go away’. If you believe in this drama, and if you believe in us.. you should take the challenge. I’m here to bring the best of the drama and that includes the actors too. And in this case you are also one of my challenges. I don’t care about the Yongseo couple from We Got Married. I care about my characters in this drama.”

Yongseo..

She trembled but held herself in by clenching her teeth.

“All I care about is the sparks that you guys will bring it in this drama and I’m pretty sure it’s already around.”

“You really do have your way with words.” Seohyun smiled amusingly. “I think working with you will be a chance of a lifetime.” The PD smiled and let out his right hand for a handshake when a knocking sound came from outside.

“Jung Yonghwa sshi is here.”

“Annyeonghaeseyo PD-nim.” Yonghwa bowed to both of the figures in front of him when the staff opened the door for him. Then the woman with the long wavy red hair turned around and it felt like one of the rare moments when the clock stop ticking. She flashed him an awkward smile followed by a very respectful bow.

‘Typical Seohyun.’ He thought to himself.

“Annyeonghaeseyo.” She spoke softly.. after such a long time. He can’t help but stare, her hair is now red. He saw her once in a while, not purposely of course. It can’t be help since SNSD images are practically plastered everywhere at the street along with non stop CF gigs. They are still in the same circles too. Musicians. But the last time he heard or even saw her, her hair is still black.

“Seohyun, what are you doing here?”

“I? I’m your other co-star.”

“I didn’t know that.” Yonghwa showed her his cheek bursting smile and she hated it.. the fact that he could be really happy almost all the time.

“Oh, it might be because I asked them to keep my involvement in this drama silent.” She tries to appear calm and compose. “Oppa, let’s talk outside could we?”

“Of course.”

“Excuse us for a moment PD-nim. We will come back with our decision.”

***

Seohyun coughed awkwardly trying to diffuse the tension but failed miserably.

“Uhmm, please don’t be awkward again with me Seohyun.”

‘Again.’ She thought to herself, sighing about her miserable life.

 “So now you know your leading lady, will you still agree with this drama?”

“Huh? Now I know that it’s you.. I think it will be better. We have exploding chemistry so why not? I bet the screen will be burned with us on there.” He chuckled to himself.

“But…”

“Aha.. I knew it. You are starting to be all cerebral again. Who knows you better than I do haah?”

“No you don’t know me better. Take that note.” Seohyun said slowly but with a very stern tone.

“Mian.” Yonghwa bitted his lips in anxiousness. “What I’m saying is acting is just acting Seohyun. This is such a great chance. Of course like you, I have my fears. But this one is so awesome that I can’t pull myself out of this. Let’s try to give it a try my co-star. Let’s help each other out. This is not regarding the fans or fear of any other side effects.. Screw them who wants to judge. We can just prove them wrong.”

“I actually want to know how it feels acting opposite you. I think we will hit homerun with this.” The words that came out from Seohyun mouth made Yonghwa cheeks turned into tinted red.

“Exactly, I believe we can bring the best out of each other. So costars?” Yonghwa let out his hand for a handshake.

“Costar it is.” Seohyun shook his hand willingly but pulled over when she felt that their hands are lingering with one another for too long.

They both went into the room with space between them. Seohyun walked first with Yonghwa following behind.

“Did you guys decided?”

“This better be good.” Seohyun took a last look at Yonghwa who is standing behind her. “We did.” Seohyun bitted her lips.

“We will trust our life to you.” Yonghwa said, making the people in the room burst into laughter including the tense Seohyun.

‘He still has that charm of his’ Seohyun thought to herself

“With us trading our peaceful life on this project. I really do believe that we will try our hardest to make this drama the best you ever directed. I hope people will show me guidance throughout the way. Including you,  Yonghwa sshi.” Seohyun bowed respectfully. Both of them sat down and signed the deal, while preparing their hearts with the challenges they will face later on.