Stay

Maid From Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was breaking through the blanket of mist. Soora was still wrapped under her sheets, trying to forget what had happened last night but it kept on disturbing her sleep. He is a blind person? Soora was still confused of what she had seen last night. But why did everyone try to keep it as a secret from herself? At first she wanted to tell Kyungsoo about what happened but when she thought again of the bad consequences that might happen later; getting fired by Mr. Lee and whatnot, she ignored her main intention. She then decided to stay silent and pretended that last night never occurred.

Soora went to the kitchen after fixing herself and she noticed that Kyungsoo had already prepared their breakfast, including for their master’s.

“Morning, chef,” Soora greeted him.

Kyungsoo who was sipping at his coffee, took a quick glance at Soora and replied in his usual tone. “Your breakfast is ready.”

“Oh, thanks.” Soora said awkwardly and took her seat opposite to Kyungsoo. Without missing a beat, she then started eating ravenously. She didn’t even notice the shocked stare Kyungsoo gave her.

“Yah, eat like a human, will you?” Kyungsoo started babbling. He suddenly felt disgusted at the sight in front of his eyes.

“Whatever, chef,” she replied sarcastically, with full with the fried rice. But then she still ignored Kyungsoo’s words and gulped down the rest of her fresh orange impatiently. Kyungsoo could just roll his eyes seeing her actions.

After Soora had done taking her breakfast, leaving the dirty dishes to the annoyed Kyungsoo, she then started to clean the entire villa starting from the living room.

Cleaning the whole ground floor took her almost an hour before she had a quick rest in the living room. What the heck. Why did this house seem so big to me now? Soora groaned when she remembered she had not cleaned the first floor of the house yet.

“Gosh! Why is this house so big? I’m already tired for goodness’ sake,” Soora grumbled but that didn’t change her fate of being a maid, because that was what she should do; cleaning the house. Sighing, she quickly went up to the first floor and cleaned the rooms. Sweeping and mopping the floor filled with dust, changing the bed sheets once a week had already become one of her to-do-list works though no one had even been staying in those two rooms. But when Mr. Lee said those rooms were belonged to the master’s sibling and cousin, Soora couldn’t argue.

It took Soora about thirty minutes to clean up the two rooms. Holding the broom in her right hand and the unused bed sheets in her left hands; Soora’s eyes suddenly glued on the last room in the middle of the corridor; that was belonged to the master she encountered last night. She then suddenly remembered things she tried to forget earlier.

Her master was a—

“What are you thinking now Soora? Forget about what had happened last night!” Soora almost screamed when her master’s room suddenly opened and made her freaked out.

“What the heck,” she yelped. Soora then stepped forward towards the last room without even realizing that she almost reached the attended room.

“Wait, wait. Soora. Remember what Mr. Lee has told you? Never come into this room without anyone’s consents. Just don’t okay, good girl,” Soora scolded herself and calmed down. When Soora was about to walk away, she heard the sound of the door creaking and this time around, it was Sehun who appeared before her eyes. He stood silently by the door for a while, but his eyes stayed in their own places.

“Sir,” Soora mumbled without even realizing that she had actually uttered that one word way too loud, causing Sehun to stare blankly at the place where she was standing.

“I’m dead. I’m so dead,” Soora whispered to herself. She crept downstairs as quiet as a mouse, hoping that Sehun wouldn’t notice her.

“Who’s there?” Sehun stepped forward, slowly. He could sense someone was there, well, since he was blind, he had to use his sixth sense to notice other people’s existences. But nobody was there. He furrowed his brows since he was sure that he just sniffed woman’s perfume, which slowly faded away in the thin air.

Soora who was already downstairs, ran quickly into her room to avoid being seen by her master. “Oh my god, that was so close! I should be careful next time,” Soora said while wiping the sweats from her forehead. This was the second time she saw her master’s face, and surprisingly he looked way too gorgeous than the night before. Sadly, the only thing he lacked was his ability to see.

 

 

 

 

On Sehun’s side, he knew something weird was happening in this villa. However, Mr. Lee would just deny his own thoughts, saying that it might be because of he was always staying in his room, not knowing much about the household. “No worry, Kyungsoo handles everything,” were the words being said by Mr. Lee each time Sehun asked him. He knew something had changed in this villa and he could not figure it out by himself.

But last night he heard a girl’s voice calling him ‘sir’. Maybe it was just him being delusional; thinking too much about all of the maids he had kicked out of the villa. The only people who worked for him here were Mr. Lee himself, Kyungsoo and the driver he couldn’t recall his name.

And this morning he heard again someone calling him ‘sir’. He was as sure as that there was a maid working in the villa but he couldn’t do anything to prove that he was not being delusional. On top of that, he was blind so nobody would ever believe things he couldn’t see with his own eyes.

Sehun had his own reasons of why he rejected having female maids working for him. Most of them were flirty as whenever they saw Sehun walking downstairs; not knowing that he was actually a blind. And surely it was a typical situation happened to every single guy like him, but that was the reality.

That was why he ended up choosing Kyungsoo and Tao as the workers because he was positive that both of them were not gays.

Trying to keep away his thoughts, Sehun leisurely went back to his room and waited for Kyungsoo to bring his breakfast as usual. It was not that he couldn’t go downstairs to have his own meals, but he thought that it would be such a bother for him to walk up and down the staircase just to get some food. Minutes after, he heard a knock from the door he knew it was Kyungsoo based on the daily routine he always did every morning: sending him breakfast to his room.

“Here, cheese and mushroom omelet for breakfast,” Kyungsoo put the tray on the desk by the bed and set out the plate comfortably. He then looked at Sehun who was siting wordlessly on the chair and said, “And don’t forget to take your medicine, too. Stop pretending that you forgot taking this medicine. You’re not suffering from loss of memory,” Kyungsoo sternly advised, like a mom to Sehun.

Sehun just nodded and without any warnings he suddenly asked Kyungsoo. “Well, I wanted to ask you something.”

And Kyungsoo replied him with a single what.

“Who else is working in this house?” Sehun’s sudden question made Kyungsoo coughing unknowingly and he quickly covered it up by clearing his throat.

“You know it already. Mr. Lee, Tao the driver and me,” Kyungsoo answered confidently, but in a careful way.

“Are you sure?” Sehun asked again. His eyes were locked to the bare walls, though he could see nothing but black visual.

“Yeah, I’m really sure Mr. Lee would tell you if he hires anyone as your maid,” Kyungsoo replied confidently, and for that he blamed himself silently for deceiving to the sightless Sehun.  

“Hmm, thanks for the breakfast,” Sehun decided to stop asking. He smiled, though he didn’t know where Kyungsoo was standing. And he knew Kyungsoo was smiling back at him when he heard Kyungsoo’s small chuckle.

“No biggie,” and Kyungsoo made his way out of Sehun’s room, feeling guilty as .

 

 

 

 

Soora was busy raking the dead leaves on the ground and couldn’t stop from mumbling all by itself. “Can the leaves just stop falling off to the ground?” Soora muffled in between while raking the dead leaves to one corner.

After making sure that the yard was spotlessly clean from any fallen leaves on the ground, she then put the rake away and leaned it against the wall. Taking a few steps towards the gazebo in the yard, Soora lied down while using her right arm to cover her forehead. Without even realizing, she fell asleep—not noticing that Sehun was making his way towards her.

For Sehun to be outside of his room—it was quite unpredictable—because he was the kind of spending most of his times inside his own cage. Sehun sat at the gazebo Minseok specially made for him and comforted himself. Much to his surprise, he heard someone was snoring gently by his side. Sehun d around to know who the sleeping person was.

“Yah, Kyungsoo. Are you sleeping?” Sehun asked carefully, thinking that it was Kyungsoo who was sleeping. He touched Kyungsoo’s shoulder—whom he thought the person was, and shook the shoulder to wake him up. But Sehun was wrong. His face was dark with rage the moment he heard the slow mumbles of the sleeping person beside him.

“Kyungsoo, give me five minutes. I just want to take a nap,” Soora mumbled half-asleep. Her right hand was waving faintly, indicating the person whom she thought was Kyungsoo to stop waking her up.

Seconds passed. And Soora fell into her slumber again. But she didn’t know something even worse was going to happen the next seconds after.

“Who—the hell—are you?” That icy tone of the guy beside Soora made her to instantly wake up. Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw it was her master—who woke her up, clenching his fists in anger.

Oh my—

“Who are you?” Sehun asked the same question coldly. Soora was trembling from head to toes, but she managed to stay quiet, avoiding Sehun’s question.

Noticing the quietness of the girl in front of him, Sehu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter