Surprised

Maid From Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Soora woke up as usual and stared blankly at the window. A breeze lifted the curtains and Soora realized that she didn’t shut the window last night. She then stood up to close the window but when she spared a glance over the back yard her room was facing to, there were many dead leaves dispersed all over the ground.

“Ugh, I guess I have to clean the yard before Mr. Lee gets angry with me,” Soora mumbled and went to the bathroom to take her morning shower.

A few minutes later, Soora made her way towards the kitchen and saw Kyungsoo eating silently without sparing a single glance at her who just entered the kitchen. She took a seat facing to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo said nothing but kept munching his toast.

“Where’s mine?” Soora asked while pouring the fresh orange into the glass.

“Make it yourself,” Kyungsoo sternly replied. Soora snorted at the answer.

“I thought it was your job to cook everything for everyone in this house,” Soora started to get annoyed when she saw the expressionless face of Kyungsoo.

“But I’m not going to cook anything for you. It’s starting from today,” Kyungsoo replied hastily.

Soora grunted angrily and went off to the cooking station. She already took out two eggs from the refrigerator and cracked them inside a bowl. She then grabbed a metal spoon and stirred the eggs well. Kyungsoo could see Soora murmured against something in between.

“What are you mumbling to yourself?” Kyungsoo abruptly asked, trying to know what Soora was saying.

“I’m saying that don’t blame me if I accidentally let this kitchen on fire,” Soora ignored the surprising look of Kyungsoo when he heard that. He quickly rushed towards the station and pushed Soora slightly away. He snatched the spoon from Soora’s grip and it made Soora grinned playfully. Right after that, it was Kyungsoo who was mumbling over something.

“What are you mumbling to yourself?” Soora returned the same question to the irritated guy who seemed so focus with his work. Kyungsoo glared sharply at Soora and looked down back at the bowl.

“Don’t disturb me. Don’t touch anything else in this kitchen. You are only allowed to touch things in this kitchen if I let you to do so. And one more thing—“he stopped and stood straightly before continued, “Stop leaving everything on the sofa, or in the bathroom, or wherever it is. It irritates me when you do that.”

Soora laughed at the warnings. But Kyungsoo didn’t care. At least he had said everything he had been holding for so long in his mind.

“Alright, alright. If you said so, Chef Kyungsoo. I won’t disturb your lovely kitchen anymore,” she promised and made her way back to her earlier seat. She quickly took a pinch of Kyungsoo’s toast before he realized it.

“But you must make breakfast, lunch and dinner for me too if you want me to follow your rules. It takes two to tango right?” Soora grinned while munching on the stolen toast.

“Whatever.”

A beam of satisfaction was shown on her face when she heard Kyungsoo’s reckless answer. I believe we could be best friends one fine day; she just smiled at her thoughts.

 

 

 

 

After having her lovely breakfast made by Kyungsoo himself, Soora padded across the living room and went out to the front yard to sweep the dead leaves. Much to her surprise, she saw a tall guy, and he was busily washing the black Mercedes she’d never seen before. Soora assumed that the tall guy must be Huang Zi Tao, the driver Mr. Lee mentioned to her on her first day of working.

She crept towards him, and succeeded in making him to curse in shock.

“What the hell—“the guy turned around to who made him surprised. He saw Soora was laughing teasingly at him.

“Hi, Tao,” Soora greeted him.

The Tao guy furrowed his brows confusingly.

“How did you know my name?” Tao didn’t hi her back.

Soora walked nearer towards Tao, who had already stopped doing his duty, cleaning their master’s car.

“Mr. Lee told me your name,” she paused for a second before continued. “What are you doing?”

Tao scoffed at Soora’s stupid question and he replied, “I’m taking my shower. Can’t you see it?”

Soora frowned. Why everyone’s manner in this villa was so cold and distant? Soora tried to smile though she was slightly annoyed with Tao’s respond.

“Uh, yes I could see that. Sorry for disturbing you taking your own bath,” she took a step backward and turned around to leave Tao alone.

Tao then suddenly threw out a question. “Who are you?”

Soora stopped walking and hastily replied, “I’m Mr. Lee’s girlfriend,” and she walked away, smiling.

She stepped in the house and didn’t have any mood to do anything. Kyungsoo and Tao had totally ruined her day. Plus, Mr. Lee hadn’t come back from the hospital with their master, so she thought it might be okay if she skipped off doing the jobs. Just when she was about to enter her room, she suddenly heard a sound of doorbell echoing all over the house. She stared at the hallway, frozen in shock.

A few minutes after, she heard voices coming from the living room. It was Mr. Lee’s voice from what she could recognize and another voice was coming from someone she didn’t know. Maybe master has come back! She made a quick guess and immediately stepped into her room and locked the door. But she accidentally hit a wooden box placed on the desk inside the room and it made a loud thud when it fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter