Beginning

Maid From Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
-Past time, August 2013-

 

“Sehun, I’ve already bought you a villa. It’s quite a distance from the main town here like you wanted. Mr. Lee will take you there,” Minseok said while staring at Sehun who was eating quietly at the dining table.

Sehun stopped eating and put away the knife and fork in a slow motion on the plate. He took a napkin on the table and wiped his mouth. He then smiled, but Minseok could tell that he didn’t seem that happy at all.

“Thank you, hyung, I appreciate that,” he replied in his deep voice.

“I’ve already set up the furniture in the house and all of other things you might need. Be ready and Mr. Lee will do the rest,” Minseok said and continued reading the newspaper. Sehun just nodded and without saying any words, he left the dining hall.

There was a moment of silence for a while as soon as Sehun had left. No voices, but just the sound of Minseok clearing his throat. After making sure that Sehun really left the dining hall, Minseok spared a glance over the middle-aged man, standing right behind him.

“Mr. Lee, could you do me a favor and find a maid for him. I mean, without him knowing about this matter,” Minseok firmly said in a whispered voice.

Mr. Lee didn’t answer at once. Instead he heaved a sigh worriedly.

“But, Minseok, you know he would be angry at once if he knows this. I don’t mind being shouted at. But I don’t want him to be stressed over this small matter he doesn’t even like,” Mr. Lee responded without any hesitation. It was Minseok’s turn to let out a small sigh. He knew who Sehun was and what kind of person he was. Sehun was the type of person that would listen to everything Minseok asked him to do. He trusted Sehun more than he trusted himself. And Minseok took the advantage of this. He knew the limits of it. He shouldn’t be doing anything behind Sehun’s knowledge if it was regarding to Sehun’s life matters. But Minseok thought it would be better if Sehun would never be mad over whatever decisions Minseok had made. He knew what’s best for his little brother. And he would never betray Sehun’s trust.

“You’ve done so many things for this family, Mr. Lee. You were there when we were having our difficult times. You were both our dad and mom after they had gone. You’ve done everything you could ever do. You’ve done everything beyond our expectation and your expectation too. Please, I’m begging you. I couldn’t bear letting you to take care of him alone. Both of us couldn’t be there for him all the time. We both have our own responsibilities,” Minseok explained and a drop of tears fell down his cheeks.

He took a deep breath before continued. “It’s not that I don’t love him. We all love him. But Sehun would make you feel tired even more. You should take a good rest at this age of yours, but you ignored my advice. At least if we hire a maid, everything would be easier for us as there are other people who could take a good care of him.”

Mr. Lee didn’t say anything for a moment. He looked down the white marble floor, avoiding looking at Minseok’s face.

“Well, if you say so, I’ll do everything you asked me to do,” Mr. Lee bowed a little at his master.

Minseok smiled upon hearing Mr. Lee’s word and he quickly stood up and hugged the old man tightly.

“Thank you. I’ll let you do the rest for him,” he thanked Mr. Lee.

 

 

 

 

-Present time, January 2014-

 

Soora was still sleeping soundly when her mom suddenly knocked her room’s door like there’s no tomorrow.

“Jung Soora! Wake up, you lazy bum!” Soora could hear her mom’s noisy voice outside her room. There were loud knocks on the door and it made Soora’s morning ruined. She sat down on her bed lazily and sprung out of the bed with her messy hair.

“Jung Soora!”

“Okay! Okay! I got it! Stop knocking on the door!” She retorted with an annoyed tone.

She took a glance over the alarm clock by her bedside. It was six in the morning.

“It was still early for goodness’ sake! Ugh, I hate you mom!” She mumbled while storming out her room with a towel on her shoulder. She walked to the bathroom but someone was still using it. Soora groaned and it was her turn to knock the bathroom’s door noisily.

“Yah! Soojung! Are you drowning in there or what?!” She shouted but there was no respond. She felt so irritated because she was being disturbed by her mom earlier. Suddenly, she kicked the door at once and it opened all of sudden. Soora peeked inside the bathroom but no one was there. Maybe everyone had already taken their showers. She quickly stepped inside and locked the bathroom. But then she realized that the lock was broken because of her, kicking the door like a crazy woman.

“Why the heck did I kick the door?” She whined and pulled out a pail of water and put it right in front of the door to use it as the lock instead.

What a morning.

 

 

 

 

When she went to the kitchen, her mom had already prepared the breakfast for their whole family. Jung Soojung, her younger sister had finished with her breakfast and stood up right after she saw Soora heading over the small table.

“Soora, quick, have your breakfast.”

Her mom was cleaning the dishes with Soojung standing right beside her, holding the dirty plate to the sink. Soora took a seat and stared at the breakfast her mom just made. It was only scrambled eggs prepared on a plate for her. She stared blankly at the sad looking scrambled eggs and rolled her eyes.

“I don’t want to eat this.”

“Then throw it away or give it to the hungry cat in front of our house or do whatever you want,” her mom sternly answered without even looking at her. Soora knew her mom was fed up with her act. Quietly, she stepped outside of the house while holding the plate.

“Wolfie, where are you?” Soora called for Wolfie, a stray cat that had always been spending most of its lifetime in front of their house. Right after that, Wolfie ran to her with its excited face.

“Here, eat this,” Soora put the plate in front of it and patted its head. Wolfie purred happily.

“How I wished I could live in peace just like you.”

 

 

 

 

Soora waited patiently in front of her best friend’s house, Kim Taeyeon. It took Taeyeon approximately ten minutes to step out of her house.

“Mom! I’ll go first!” Taeyeon shouted before pulled Soora’s arm towards the car.

“Where are we going?” Soora asked as soon as she had put on her seatbelts while waiting for Taeyeon to settle down.

“We’re going to the café. I haven’t had anything for this morning,” Taeyeon muttered and the car’s engine.

“Good! I haven’t taken mine too,” Soora smiled hearing to it. It had been a while since she last went to a café. But then it was Taeyeon who paid everything as Soora didn’t have much money at that time. And now, she was going to beg Taeyeon to buy the breakfast for her again.

“What? Do you bring your money or not?” Taeyeon asked and stared right into Soora’s eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter