Accepted

Maid From Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you saying?”

“I said she’s not going anywhere. She’s going to work in this damn house.”

Sehun laughed hearing to Minseok’s words. “That’s funny, hyung.”

“And I don’t joke, Sehun,” Minseok replied firmly.

“You know I hate being surrounded by female maids. You know that, hyung. And you’re still doing this to me. Why?” Sehun asked for confirmation.

“What’s wrong with having female maids in this house? You know how difficult it is to find one. Not all of people out there want to work as—”

“—and yet you’re still finding one for me,” Sehun cut him off. “Just find one for you, hyung. I don’t need any. Kyungsoo is more than enough. Let him do all the jobs. Tao can help him too!”

Minseok sighed at the stubborn kid. “I don’t want to burden him with more tasks, Sehun. You have to understand that. That’s why we need to hire a maid for you.”

“But you could find a male maid, hyung. A male. MALE. It’s not that I’m gay or what but seriously—”

“Like I said before, it’s hard to find one. I’m sure she’s a good maid,” Minseok reassured him.

“You can always put those advertisements on websites or whatever! What’s the function of having much money if you don’t even know how to use it well?” Sehun suddenly burst out. Kyungsoo tried to calm him down by patting Sehun’s arm slowly.

“Do you think they’d ever be anyone who wants to work with a blind owner like you? I don’t want to say this but Kyungsoo’s different. I knew him for quite a long time and we were friends. That’s why I took him to work with us. And having a male maid is not a good idea. I’ve heard news of how dangerous they could be, especially when they know you’re like this,” Minseok breathed in for a while, “And that’s why I asked Mr. Lee to hire a female maid.”

“I don’t make any mess in this house, hyung. After all, I can’t see anything! What’s the point of having maids in this house? All I can do is staying quietly in my room and hoping that tomorrow would never come. You know how much I want to end all of this, hyung. And you bought me a television? That was seriously a sick joke, hyung! I never thought my eyes can be used at the moment,” Sehun laughed at his own words.

Soora who was watching the quarrel between the brothers could just stay in silence. She never expected Sehun would be this stubborn and disrespectful towards his own brother. She only predicted that Sehun was that typical arrogant master when it came to having conversation with his workers. But his attitude towards Minseok was really something. Someone needed to shut this kid up.

“You’re not the only one staying in this house, Sehun. Kyungsoo’s here. Mr. Lee’s here. Jongin and I sometimes come here for days. Don’t make that television joke to make me feel guilty towards you. And you know what? All of your arguments are totally invalid.”

Sehun heaved a heavy sigh.

“Hyung—”

“We’re just hiring a maid for you, Sehun. She’s not even your wife-to-be. Stop making such a fuss about this thing.”

Sehun clenched his fists hard.

“I promise you, she will never lay a hand on you, if you hate that. I know how those previous maids had acted towards you. And I’m sorry for that. I should’ve checked their backgrounds beforehand.”

Minseok then gave Soora a look. “But I know, this girl won’t do anything bad to our family,” and he smiled. Soora was completely surprised by the plastered smile on Minseok’s face. Actually, she almost cried listening to Minseok’s remarks. Minseok was too kind. And if she were to be given a chance to work here again, she would never betray Minseok’s trust towards her. And she promised that.

“I’m holding you to those words, hyung.” And Sehun left to his room right after that.

All four of them, including Soora, smiled cheerfully when Sehun agreed to let Soora worked in the villa again. Minseok was the happiest, when he succeeded to assure Sehun with his words, though their conversation earlier was done in quite a harsh way. He walked downstairs and towards Soora who was standing near the main door.

“Get your luggage in here now.”

 

 

 

 

There’s nothing Soora could make other than continued doing her works extra hard. She did all the works as fast as she could since she was overwhelmed by feelings of joy. She even helped Kyungsoo in preparing the lunch; which Kyungsoo found it quite weird, since Minseok was going to have his lunch here.

“Bring them some drinks,” Kyungsoo asked her.

And she listened to his order. Soora prepared two glasses of fresh orange to be brought to the living room where Minseok and Mr. Lee were having their nice conversation.

When Soora was about to leave the kitchen, Kyungsoo stopped her. “Soora,” he called out her name.

“Yes chef?” Soora turned back to look at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo smiled for a while and shook his head. “Nothing. I just love it when you called me chef.”

Soora beamed a warm smile back at him. “Well, if you said so. I’ll call you chef all days if you want.”

And both of them laughed.

The incident between Minseok and Sehun just now seemed to never happen in that house. Everything went completely normal like usual days; it’s just that Minseok was here.

Minseok and Mr. Lee were laughing in unison when Soora reached the living room.

“What’s your name again?” Minseok asked while watching Soora setting the glasses down on the coffee table.

“S-Soora. Jung Soora,” she replied hesitantly. She blushed at that moment Minseok smiled to her for the zillionth times.

“I think she’s a year younger than Sehun,” Mr. Lee chipped in.

Minseok widened his eyes in disbelief. “Is that so? You look very mature for your real age then. I’m older than you by five years actually. That’s quite old of me,” and he laughed again following by Mr. Lee’s laugh. Soora smiled. She heard that a lot from her mom’s friends. And she admitted that.

“What am I supposed to be then?” Mr. Lee interrupted and all of them burst out laughing again.

Soora never felt happier than this.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter