Unsatisfied

Maid From Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are you waking up late this morning?”

Kyungsoo was already crossing his arms when he noticed Soora creeping into the kitchen. Knowing that she had done wrongs, she bit her lips apologetically.

“I’m sorry, I was—uh—having some, no, I mean, I was—”

Kyungsoo jerked his brows when he noticed Soora’s shaking voice.

Oh god, I shouldn’t tell him anything.

“Morning, everyone.”

A husky voice was heard a moment after. It was Jongin and Soora really thanked him for coming to the kitchen at the right moment. If he was late even for a second, Soora knew she would get caught by Kyungsoo for spending her night talking to Jongin—which Kyungsoo might dislike it.

“Why are you waking up early this morning?” Kyungsoo asked Jongin.

It was like a dejavu to Soora, except that Kyungsoo changed the word “late” into “early”, which caught Soora in surprise when she heard that.

“Wait, this isn’t fair!” She almost shouted. Both of the guys turned their heads to Soora.

“Now what?” Kyungsoo suddenly felt slightly annoyed. Ignoring Soora’s confused face, Kyungsoo continued with his work, grilling the potato.

“You said I woke up late this morning and vice versa to Jong—I mean master. But he was the one who woke up shortly after I talked to you which concludes that he was the one being late here. I should be the one receiving ‘why are you waking up early this morning’ and not him. This isn’t fair!”

Jongin was already smiling when he heard that. He knew Soora was totally something. Looking right into Soora’s eyes, Jongin actually couldn’t tell whether Soora was being serious or just kidding around. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, was letting out a low grunt.

“Soora,” Kyungsoo mumbled down her name.

“What?” Soora asked, hoping that her question would be answered.

“Respect him, please.”

“Relax, Kyungsoo,” Jongin suddenly stood up from his seat and walked towards the said guy, rubbing his back and shoulder alternately. “Soora must be joking, right?” Jongin looked at Soora but she wasn’t smiling at all. Maybe Soora was being serious.

“Wait, I seriously think you should learn how to predict and differentiate which one is late and which one is early. The one that comes before the second one is called “early”. Just so you know—” Soora said.

“Hold on, Soora.” Jongin laughed a little. Soora was being childish and way too emotional this morning. Maybe she was still mad over the fact that Sehun kicked her out from joining in the dinner yesterday. Wrapping his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder, Jongin shifted his gaze to the guy.

“Alright Kyungsoo, I really think you should learn how to differentiate between early and late too,” he stopped for a moment and smiled when Kyungsoo widened his doe eyes in disbelief.

“Really, Jongin? Are you trying to make a joke this morning?” Kyungsoo threw a question. He was pissed off. That was what Jongin sure about.

“Okay, here it goes. Late is something near the end of the—”

“Jongin!”

Jongin and Soora suddenly laughed in unison.

“I didn’t remember saying something funny just now,” Kyungsoo pushed Jongin’s arm from his shoulder. He returned back to his position and thought that it was better arguing with a grilled potato than with Soora. Soora just made his life and kitchen being in a mess.

“Sorry, chef. We never thought that our minds would click that well,” Soora covered so that her laughter wouldn’t be heard all around the kitchen. But she failed when Jongin suddenly made a funny face in front of her.

“Yeah, Jongin. We should be a duo performing tricks to a Do Kyungsoo.”

“Ha. Ha. Ha. That’s so funny I even forgot how to laugh,” Kyungsoo tched. However, he still smiled knowing that Soora was just teasing him. This was some sort of Soora’s lifestyle that he needed to adapt with too. Another list of how to cope with Jung Soora was updated in Kyungsoo’s life again.

Taking their own seats at the dining table the moment after, their giggles weren’t stopped when Kyungsoo chose to remain in silent.

“You know you won’t get such a happy morning without me being here,” Jongin said.

“—and me,” Soora chipped in. They both smiled at each other.

“You know Sehun wasn’t going to allow both of you to do that again if he knows this,” Kyungsoo warned while setting up the plates on the table. A bowl filled with crispy grilled potatoes was put in the center of the table. Grabbing his fork and knife, Jongin quickly took a grilled potato with his hand.

“Ouch!”

The hot grilled potato rolled on the table after Jongin shouted in pain.

“Easy boy, the potatoes won’t run away. Well, they would if they had legs. But they don’t,” Soora sneered looking how clumsy Jongin could be sometimes.

“It hurts,” Jongin looked at his finger and then turned his gaze to Soora. Making a cute face, he showed Soora his almost burned index finger, hoping that Soora would pity him.

“What? Are you asking me to chop that finger off?” Soora took out her knife and smiled weirdly.

“Soora stop playing around! You better put that knife on the table or you’ll be the one being chopped by me after this.”

It was this time Soora received a smirk from Jongin in front of her.

“And you Jongin—”

“What? I didn’t do anything wrong,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter