First Encounter

Maid From Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, Soora landed on her new bed, drowned in her happy thoughts. She finally had a job now! That’s what made her feeling happy and yet feeling worried at the same time. When she told her mom that she was going to work as a maid in an enormous villa, her mom didn’t believe her. Well, she never believed her own daughter. But when Soora tried everything that could convince her mom but failed, she quickly dragged Mr. Lee who was waiting in the car into her shabby house to meet her mom. At first, her mom refused to listen to Mr. Lee’s story. But when Mr. Lee started to mention about the high salary of being a maid in that house, Soora’s mum abruptly changed her mind. Though Soora didn’t like the expression her mom showed to Mr. Lee, but she was relieved that her mom let her off to live in the villa by herself as long as Soora delivered the money to her every month. Well, she could see that her mom was really happy that she was no longer going to be living in the house. She didn’t give a damn actually.

Taeyeon was so happy when she was the next victim being told that Soora had already got herself a place in the villa. She was so happy that she even bragged about who had introduced the place to Soora. Soora could only thank her in happiness and promised Taeyeon that she would change herself into more a reliable person.

Soora didn’t know what else to bring, and she didn’t have enough belongings to be brought to the villa. But Mr. Lee, who was quite an understanding man, had taken her for a shopping. For the first time in her life, she had been stepping her feet all around the mall. This could be listed as one of the world records for her. Soora, who had never gone for a shopping or a window shopping, had to let Mr. Lee chose everything for her, except for her undergarments. Maybe another miracle would happen if she kept working as the maid for the time being.

As soon as they reached the villa, with all new things being bought and paid by Mr. Lee himself, Mr. Lee had already listed out all the rules that needed to be followed by her. Soora should notice and bear in her mind that everything about her new master shouldn’t be known by her. She couldn’t even know whom she was working for, and what kind of person was her master. Soora wanted to protest, but noticing that her salary might be cut off if she demanded things, she just agreed with the rule. Mr. Lee seemed to be so serious with his words, so Soora had to listen to everything he said.

There was quite much of works Soora had to do. Cleaning the house, both of the front and backyard, watering the flowers, washing the dirty clothes and everything were put as a to-do-list for Soora as a maid. And now that Soora knew, she wasn’t the only maid working for the owner of this villa. There was Do Kyungsoo, who was the cook, but he left the house when the night arrived and came back again early in the morning to cook for the rest of the days. So, cooking would be left to him as this was his main responsibility. Do Kyungsoo was described by Mr. Lee as a quiet yet mysterious person, so talking to him might be boring for someone talkative like Soora. And there was also Huang Zi Tao, a Chinese young guy, who came here three years ago because he ditched his family and left China, and tried his fortune to work here. Fortunately, he got the job as the driver starting last year. As far as Mr. Lee knew, this Tao had never done anything suspicious that might lead him to be sent to jail, so Mr. Lee wasn’t so worried about this guy.

It was Soora, whom Mr. Lee was worried about, because to Mr. Lee’s opinion, Soora might be revealing her existence in this villa and the probability of being kicked out of this villa was really high. Mr. Lee saw Soora as a talkative, active and cheerful girl who had to live her life in poverty. Mr. Lee pitied her for that. She tried to keep her sadness away from being seen by other people, but as an old man who lived longer, he could sense that. Mr. Lee’s worriedness was taken away when Soora ensured him that she would do her best to stay working at that place as she needed the money for her family. By hook or by crook, she had to work as quiet as possible in the villa to avoid being noticed by her master.

 

 

 

 

The first week of working as a maid was quite okay, though it was boring as hell. Not being able to make too much of noise was another matter. All of the works were quite a hassle, since the villa was big as hell and Soora was still taking her time to adapt with the new environment. Every morning after she woke up, surprisingly by herself, she had her bath; which she playfully took her shower in a large bathtub; which she had never seen in her life before. It took her almost an hour and she nearly forgot that she was in someone else’s house, and she had her own responsibilities in that villa.

She was a bit surprised when she went to the kitchen to have her breakfast, she saw a young guy standing with his back facing her. That guy was quite short for a normal man, so Soora thought this guy might be younger than her. So she walked towards him quietly to greet him, thinking that she wouldn’t be afraid with a guy who has the same height as her. But to her surprise, the guy seemed not to be shocked or anything when he sensed Soora’s presence in the kitchen.

“So, you’re the new maid of this villa?” He said in a dry voice.

“And you’re Kyungsoo?” Soora replied back with a question too. He just nodded and smiled. But the smile just stayed for a second. Soora could imagine what kind of person Kyungsoo was. He was really not that friendly. I had to change this man to be more of an extrovert, Soora thought to herself.

“You’re still in high school or what?” Soora asked and took her seat at one of the chairs where Kyungsoo had already prepared all kinds of breakfast on the table. That was incredibly fast, Soora thought.

Soora heard a snort coming from Kyungsoo. He was busy cutting an apple on the chopping board and he was quite an expert in that too as Soora could hear the fast speed sound of chopping echoing in the kitchen.

“I’ve reached twenty-one years old for your information. And I’m not a high-school student,” he replied and put the apple on a flat plate.

Soora, who realized her mistake quickly, apologized.

“I’m fine. In fact, I’m always be mistaken like that.”

And they didn’t talk about anything again. Kyungsoo had gone upstairs to bring the breakfast to the master Soora never acknowledged. And she was quite jealous of Kyungsoo’s luck of meeting the scary master that was told by Mr. Lee. She did want to know who her master was.

But then when she took a moment to thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter