Revenge

Maid From Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo cried the name when he saw Jongin, standing proudly in front of the door. It was an unexpected guest the house had that evening. Jongin grinned and they both hugged each other. Kyungsoo wiped his manly tears and tried to do it without Jongin noticing it, but he failed. Jongin gave him a hard slap on his back.

“What, Kyungsoo? Why are you crying? I haven’t died yet, man,” he smiled.

“I know, stupid. Come in. Let me take your belongings,” Kyungsoo replied while smiling happily. He then took the big luggage using all of his possible strength, and Jongin would just laugh at him.

“You’re still the same, Kyungie. Let me do it,” Jongin teased the shorter guy and took the luggage instead. And he did receive a light punch on his side.

“Soora! Come here!” Kyungsoo shouted Soora’s name when both of them had entered the house. Jongin looked around, and he smiled when he noticed nothing had changed that much since the last time he came here. He put his luggage by the coffee table, and took a seat at one of sofas. Later on, he saw a girl, walking as fast as she could towards Kyungsoo.

Jongin stared the girl intently, but she didn’t notice it.

“Now what’s the problem, chef? I had fried the chicken like how you asked me to do. Stop ordering me around!” She shouted back at the surprised guy.

Taking a deep breath, Kyungsoo calmly replied. “Soora, Jongin’s here. Manners, please,” Kyungsoo introduced Soora to Kai.

“What Jongin? You know I was—uh, hello there,” Soora suddenly bowed ninety degree when she saw an eye-catching guy was sitting quietly right on the sofa.

“Jongin, this is Jung Soora, the new maid here. And Soora, this is Kim Jongin. Sehun’s close cousin,” Kyungsoo introduced both of them formally.

Jongin slowly stood up and walked towards the panting Soora.

“So, she is basically the newest maid, am I right?” A smile was plastered on his face when he asked the question.

“As for now,” Kyungsoo casually replied.

“It’s going to be for quite a long time, Chef,” Soora scoffed and walked away, feeling annoyed.

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin and gave the latter an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry. She’s just behaving like she always does. I hope you won’t get mad. I’ll teach her some lessons,” Kyungsoo apologized.

Jongin shook his head a few times. “No, it’s okay. I like her behaving that way.” And he gave off a big smile. “Where’s Sehun?” He asked shortly after that.

“You know him better than I do. He’s upstairs,” Kyungsoo told Jongin. And he slowly made his way towards the kitchen before saying, “I’m going to check over the girl. I hope she doesn’t burn my kitchen.”

When Jongin reached Sehun’s room, the door was unlocked. So he pulled the knob without knocking on the door. He entered the room and saw Sehun, standing by the window while closing his eyes.

Jongin smiled and he sat on the couch. Seconds after, he purposely coughed and that made Sehun shrieked in surprise.

“Who’s there?” Sehun asked furiously. He silently picked up his walking stick and slowly walked towards the source of the sound he just heard. Jongin, seeing the worried Sehun, couldn’t help himself but to laugh out loud.

“Long time no see, ey?” Jongin said.

Sehun, despite being surprised by the familiar voice he had not heard for a long time, threw an unreasonable statement to Jongin.

“I don’t think I can see you now.”

“You don’t change, bud.”

“So are you,” Sehun smiled and both of them hugged each other as if they had not met for thousand years. The thing was, Jongin had been away from him for quite a long time. He furthered his studies at Vanderbilt University, majoring in engineering, so he could only come to Korea when the semester’s holidays came. But sometimes, he would just stay there, enjoying the moments with his friends.

“How are you doing?” Sehun asked when both of them sat down. Jongin shrugged.

“As you cannot see, I’m riding solo,” Jongin laughed.

Sehun scoffed. “I heard that.”

Both of them laughed in unison.

“Minseok hyung told me you were hospitalized,” Jongin’s tone sounded more serious.

“It’s nothing much if that’s what makes you come back here,” Sehun replied and Jongin couldn’t tell what was inside Sehun’s mind from the expression Sehun showed. But he one thing he knew, Sehun was trying to kill himself again.

“Well, you know what. Hyung cried when he called. That’s why I had to buy the ticket. But luckily I am still having my holidays,” Jongin told Sehun.

Hyung cried.

He cried.

Those words kept echoing in Sehun’s mind.

Ignoring Jongin’s words, Sehun quickly changed the topic. “How’s Tennessee?”

Scoffing, Jongin replied. “Tennessee’s doing fine. I heard you hired a new maid. And she was undeniably cute, I would say,” he said while smiling.

Sehun felt like throwing up when Jongin uttered the word ‘cute’.

“What? She’s really cute. And you can’t argue with me because you haven’t seen her face yet.”

Putting away his walking stick, Sehun retorted. “Everyone has their own opinion, Jongin.”

“So there’s nothing wrong with my opinion then,” Jongin smiled again. He knew Sehun would never want to stop arguing with him even if it was just over small things.

Their conversation stopped when there was a subtle knock on the door. It was Kyungsoo, standing by the door while smiling.

“Dinner’s ready. Come down, Jongin. And Sehun, do you want me to bring your meal to your room or—”

“I’ll go downstairs,” Sehun cut off the cook’s words.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter