CHAPTER TWO - Moments

Healing a wound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was cold in his room, just like every other morning. Yet he still awoke in a sweat, clutching the sides of his bed and gasping for air. Just like every other morning. Yixing liked to think he had gotten used to his abrupt awakenings and horrific dreams; although he knew he was kidding himself. After taking a few minutes to gain his composure, he greeted the shower warmly. ducking his head under the faucet and closing his eyes. He liked mornings the most, because that was when he was completely along with his thoughts, he could think and feel the way he wanted to. In these fleeting moments, he resented his parents, his mother, his father, his old life in general. But then he would realize and feel incredably low again. His mother did nothing wrong; he knew that, she only wanted to protect him. But really how can she protect him from himself.

In only a few minutes, he would be walking to school, trying to distract himself with the sidewalk path as the wind graciously pushed at his hair. He hated school, but he dealt with it because he didn't want to worry his mother. He had no reason to dislike school, he was never bullied, and he always passed his classes; but only just, so as to not bring attention upon himself. In fact, most people didn't even notice him; he was like a gust of wind, you knew it was there but you just never pay attention to it. Yixing didn't mind being the wind, as long as the wind could flow somewhere else eventually. School was a task to be done in order to live burdenless. He floated, and floating was fine with Yixing, because one day he would soar, away from all his mistakes.

He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He swiftly pulled it out and eyed the caller ID. Mom.
Yixing sighed as he continued walking towards his school. She never called before school unless it was extremely neccessary, reason being was that she was usually asleep whenever he left. She worked long nights and it pained Yixing to see her work so hard. It was all for him, he thought. She was in this strenuous, inescapable position because of him.
"Hello"
"Yixing! thank God. I didn't hear you leave this morning, you got up earlier than usual, I-"
"I'm fine. I have that English Lit. test today, remember? Don't stress, I just needed to hit the library before school to do some stuff,' he replied sweetly to his out of breath mother. After she had calmed down, he bid her goodbye and hung up. daintily slipping his cell back into his c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter