CHAPTER THREE - Observation

Healing a wound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing hated wednesdays the most. Wednesday meant no study period, which meant an extra hour of dealing with people. But this Wednesday, he was slightly grateful, because that meant that he didn't need to deal with Minseok. He liked the quaint librarian, but yesterday he overstepped a boundary the older knew was there. He'd give it a day or two so as not to gain too much attention from said librarian, he felt it was best not to dwell on the past, but to merely evade it, and so far in life this had worked.

The past wasn't easy to forget, but it was easy to ignore. The people that surrounded him every day had the same effect on him; every time they noticed him, he would feel ill, each time they talked to him, he would feel pain. He wanted no one to ever notice him, for he was an insignificant being, that only made mistakes. Yixing hated getting emotionally involved with others, regardless of who they were, what they said or what their intenions are. He knew he would eventually stuff up, and again be isolated, so why bother and run the risk of that outcome. But, as in every story ever written, someone comes in to ruin his plans.

Jongin was a popular dancer at Yixings school, everyone liked him and he liked everyone. He was just one of those people. He always smiled and never yelled, he thought everything was funny and that everyone had good intentions. You could say he was naive. Yixing liked to watch people, and learn about them. By intently observing Jongin, he realized that maybe he was a little bit alone. Many students found him attractive, and that seemed to be the reason why the girls liked him. They never revelled in his personal presence; only his external beauty. And although Yixing never observed Jongin saying this, the older knew that he found his beauty to be both a gift and a curse. 

In contrast, Yixing found Sehun quite baffling. His emotions were always on show, Sehun clearly displaying his hatred towards Yixing. His inital impression of the slim younger, was that he was bratty, selfish and arrogant child. Somewhat much like Jongin. There seemed to be a slight difference between the two though. Yixing couldn't quite put his finger on it. But one thing he knew for certain was that the relationship between Sehun and Jongin was not to be meddled with. Sehun was very over-protectiv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter