CHAPTER EIGHT - Unconditonal

Healing a wound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun noticed straight away that Kai had run after Yixing. He could feel his blood boiling. But before he could run after the tanned boy, a large and firm hand layed itself on his shoulder. He turned to find Chanyeol smiling down at him and holding a bubbletea in his other hand. 

Sehun always tried to make new friends. He always tried to get out of his enclosed life that was based around Jongin and bubbletea. But no matter how much he desired to make friends and not be so attached to Jongin, he just couldn't. He couldn't imagine his life without his almost bipolar bestfriend. In Sehuns eyes, all he needed was him by his side; no one else.

When Sehun came out, everyone quickly assumed that he was either dating Jongin, or hot for him. Neither were right. In fact, when he came out; in a soft voice that was barely audible, to Jongin, all he could do was stare. Sehun stared darkly at the combined view of their sneakers and waited, waited for nothing it seemed. Jongin walked off, leaving without a word. Sehun couldn't figure out what he was thinking but judging by the way he walked away, it couldn't have been good. Needless to say, Sehun felt broken. He felt as if his entire world caved in, himself trapped under the rubble of his broken friendship. He refused to leave the confines of his bedroom for an entire week; not even eating. When he did finally emerge from his cocoon, Jongin acted like nothing had happened.

Sehun lacked confidence in himself. All the emotions he experienced revolved around the feelings of others. He heavily relied on the people around him to make himself happy, and in this case, it was usually Jongin who gave him the most attention. Affection was not intrinsic for Sehun, and he struggled when there was no one there to pick him up after falling.

Chanyeol gave him a sharp nudge.

"Where ya going? You forgot to finish this," he goaded, sloshing the sweet liquid in his face.

"Oh, um, well Jongin-"

"WHO CARES, he's probably busy doing something unimportant, just finish lunch with us and find him afterwards," Chanyeol interrupted, gesturing to the group of basketballers encouraging him to join them. Sehun reluctantly let himself be dragged back to his seat by an eager Chanyeol. He felt strange. Was this what it was like to receive a friendly gesture? He wouldn't know. He finally let himself relax, hoping that Jongin was; as Chanyeol said, running some unimportant errands and would be back soon.

 

"Hey punk,'"Jongin said as he ruffled sehun's then dark hair and sat down beside him.

"Hey," Sehun replied quietly. His da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter