CHAPTER FIVE - Feelings

Healing a wound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun streamed in through Yixings thin, pale curtains, awaking him from his forced slumber. Today was thursday, meaning another school day. Yixing felt warm and perfect in his big bed, and momentarily decided to never leave it. He felt burdensome laying there doing nothing, so up he got, trudging to the bathroom. His mother could be heard in the kitchen humming, pretending that their family was normal. Pretending that her son wasn't completely ed up. 

Or so Yixing thought, at least.

Yixing stared into the slightly dirty mirror, examining if appearence. His hair was soft and wavy, the colour of bark. His eyes were dull and his expression always made him look sleepy or high. He'd never been high, and he was always sleepy; so he assumed it was because of that. While he brushed his teeth, he studied the small bathroom around him. The bathtub and shower were one together, the shower curtain slightly greying from it's orignal khaki colour, and the rings weren't all there to hold it up. The basin was metal and looked like it should have been in a restrurant kitchen, and not a teenage boys bathroom. He spat out his toothpaste and then pushed back his hair; which had taken refuge in front of his face. Just another morning. Just another day.

 

His mother had insisted on driving him to school that morning because of the heavy rain. The forever awkward Yixing obliged when his mother smiled widely at him. Although he felt burdensome giving her a reason to go out of her way to take care of him, he smiled faintly because he felt cared about almost as equally. The drive wasn't awkward like Yixing thought it would. She immediately flicked on the radio, as soon as she got into te car, and tuned it to a station she knew. His mother hated silence, she didn't find it awkward or anything, she just associated silence with sadness.

Happiness was vocal.

As they set on their short journey, Yixing looked out the window; intently staring at the rain drops slithering down his window. His mothers quiet, off-tune voice lulled him into a re-invented feeling. He felt almost happy, being in the presence of his mother. 

"Sweetie... you have a good day okay? If you wanna come home, call me okay?" She sounded worried as she turned the motor off, parked ouside of Yixings school. He opened the door softly, trying for a smile at his mother.

"I'll be fine mother." And with that, he made his way up the steps and into the broad building in front of him. Once he heard his mother drive off, he stopped, mid stride, outside of the doors. He felt heated; flushed even, and he had no idea why. He'd walked these steps a hundred times and he'd always been fine.

So why now?

He stood, paralyzed, one foot in front of the other, hands gripping his bag straps. His heart beat faster, and he started to sweat; for once in his life, he felt scared. Scared of what? he just didn't know. Lost in his own world, he didn't notice the voices traveling towards him.

"Hey, Yixing!" A hand clasped over Yixings right shoulder and inevitably brought him back down from his panic attack. That

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter