CHAPTER ONE - Unspoken

Healing a wound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing quietly made his way down the already well occupied corridor; clutching his calculus book to his chest as he swiflty weaved in between the bodies of his peers. His classroom was just down the hall and to the left, but it felt like a mile trying to make his way there this morning. No one really bothered him; probably because he always made sure to never give anyone a reason to notice him. He eventually made his way to the wide, brightly lit classroom and took his usual seat at the very back. Having picked this seat on his first day almost a month ago, Yixing had some sort of attachment to it. Maybe it was becasue it was the most isolated; with no one to his right and a large window to his left, or maybe because that said window was always slightly open, the breeze was so loverly and calming. Either way, no one noticed him in the corner of the classroom, deeply thinking while looking at the sky.

Yixing was always the last to leave. He picked up his math books and made his way out of his now bare classroom. Even the teacher hadn't noticed his presence and had left. As monotonous as calculus seemed, it was somewhat refreshing to devote your time to something. School was more of  a distraction rather then somewhere to learn, and Yixing was glad he had that. School and education isn't a priiority for him, his mother even said so. He didn't need to pass, he just need to live, and move on. Move on from what? He didn't know. He vaguely remembers once loving school and each memory it brought with it. Friends playing around at recess, and walking home with his mother to find his father working in the garden like usual. But then Yixing made a mistake, and ruined their happy family. He hoped Seoul was a new beginning for him and his mother but he knew it wouldn't be long before he'd mess up and be alienated; again. 

The boy padded his way down the corridor, towards the library for his study period; the last period of the day. Taking refuge in his usual seat, the librarian gestured a small smile his way. He liked the librarian, they'd never talked but he felt that he was sweet and kind. The librarian always told everyone to call him by his first name; Minseok. Everytime Yixing came into the library, Minseok would acknowledge his presence with a slow nod and a gesture to his usual spot. But today was different, today Minseok shook his head and looked at his spot. Today there were three boys comfortably lounging at his table, quietly giggling and mucking around. The young Yixing was frozen in his spot; his mouth agape as he couldn't comprehend that his usually quiet sanctuary -where he came to let out the stress of the day- was for some reason full of loud, obnoxious school boys. His eyes once again met Minseok's and the dainty librarian gave a small smile, gesturing for him to join the row

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter