Chapter Seven

LOST IN A WORLD OF MEMORIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

 

The wedding was held at a very huge ball room that was filled with elegant and rich luxrious wedding accessories. The white fabrics swung from across the window ceiling and across the stretched window that faced the beautiful empty field of fresh green grass. Women were in casual, spring color gowns, as Men were in black fine cut tuxedos.

 

My other friend, who I have met through an inter pal website, was getting married. She stood in front of the priest holding hand in hand with her groom, who wore in all white tuxedo. I quietly walked into the room, finding my seat. She looked up and spotted me, then smiled. I smiled back and placed my bag on my reserved seat and crept to the front of the crowd and knelt down to take a few good snapshots. The dress I've made perfectly match her thin body, which made her standing gorgeously tall. The tail of the dress glided gracefully on the floor every move she makes. I took a snapshot of her as she stared at her future husband, who handsomely smiled back as they exchanged rings. This blissful moment brought me tears as I wonder how my wedding would have looked like, if it didn't happen. If fate hadn't tore us apart....I wiped my tears and continued taking more photos of them and the people around.

 

After the wedding speeches and bride and groom exchange vows and rings, and kissed.... It was time to throw the beautiful bouquet of flowers. “Lets both go up there!” SeoA joyfully shouted as she pulled me up with her. I refused and sat back down, but she was strong enough to yank me out of my seat.

 

We paced towards the center of the ball room, as my other friend turned around and counted down to three.

 

Before we knew it, she flipped it over her head and it flew up high. Hoping not to catch it as the other young girls squeal over each other, I backed away from them, trying to escape... Surprisingly, it landed in front of my eyes, in my hand.

 

I froze as all eyes were on me, while cheering and congratulating me for getting it. I shook my head and playfully laughed telling them that it wasn't for me and it accidentally landed in my hand...

 

“Yah... Congratulations. You're next in line for marriage. You know, there's a rumor in Korea saying that a girl who catches the bouquet has to get married after three months, and if she don't....” She whispered to me, “Fate will bring her a miserable lonely life until the day she dies....”

 

My eyes grew wide. I burst out laughing, hoping she was joking. All she responded was a smile and a pat on my back as I held the bouquet. My lips quivered.

 

After the wedding ceremony had ended, most of the people went home. It was getting late. Some of us walked out of the building and escorted the new bridge and groom to their honeymoon. I envied them as they walked hand in hand towards the black BMW that was decorated with flowers, message and stringed cans that hung on the back.

 

My other friend hugged me tight, “I'll see you when I come back in a few days... You must wait for me, okay?”

 

I smiled at her and urged her to get in the car as her husband waited. The car, then, drove off as everyone walked forward a bit and waved goodbye from behind. “Are you still tired?” SeoA asked me.

 

“Hm....A little bit....” I told her, while massaging my ankle that hurted from wearing the high heels. I wasn't use to wearing heels, so of course, it killed me during the wedding ceremony, but I managed to hold it in...

 

“I have a friend I want you to meet. He's meeting us at this club. Let's go...” She said as she pulled me. I limped on my heels as she dragged me to the parking lot.

 

On our way to the club, the streets in Seoul was extremely beautiful. Lights were bright every where as if the city never gets dark. People were still roaming late at night,going to the shops that opened late, going to nearby clubs, or even on their way to night shift job.

 

“WOW...this is pretty....” I said as I looked out my window at the trees that were decorated with white lights.

 

SeoA laughed as she focused on the streets.

 

As soon as we got there, we were greeted by a Valet Parking person who opened the doors for us. SeoA handed him the key and quietly whispered in his ear. He smiled and slightly bowed, then dashed to the driver side.

 

“Let's go in...This place is very popular because its where most of the Korean celebrities likes to come. Who knows, you may get hit on by one of them....” She sarcastically spoke as she linked arm to arm with me, and we walked in.

 

The music became loud as we walked down the dark hall. Some people were coming out from the club and their fashion was a bit extraordinary. The girls had on mini short skirts and wore high heels. Their make up was rich as well as their hairstyle was extremely stylish.

 

As soon as we hit the bottom, the club was crowded, Over crowded to where there's no where to sit, unless we squeeze in between the crowds and find one of those private booth. The music boomed loud and I could feel it beat against my heart. Lights flashed everywhere in all sorts of colors and people were just jamming hardcore to the dj's music beat. SeoA pulled me into the crowd as well as she slightly moved her body to the beat. I followed behind holding her hand, since I was not use to going to clubs other than the last time....my...other use to be friend, Annie, took me....

 

As soon as we were able to get out of the crowd and to a private booth reserved for us, unexpectedly, with our names on the table, I fanned myself from the heat. Too much body heat in here, I thought to myself.

 

“You want something to drink, while we wait for him?” She shouted through the music. “Something light and refreshing would be fine...” I told her as I rubbed my ankle again. I seriously need to take off these heels.

 

I looked around, watching people having fun. Even the booths next to me, were seen through a beaded strings that hung from the ceiling. Couples were making out, while some people were just chilling.

 

After standing all day at the wedding, I had to go use the restroom. I could have gone while we were at the wedding, but I didn't want to miss anything, not even perfect photos, so I held it in. I walked out from the booth and squeezed back into the crowd again trying to find the bathroom.

 

There was a lot of pushing around as bodies touched one another. It was getting hot again.

 

After finding the bathroom from the middle of the floor, I slipped on a spilled drink that was hard to see and sprained my ankle. Groaning in pain, I took off my shoes and massaged my ankle, but it was hurting badly, so I couldn't touch it.

 

“Excuse me, are you okay?” A voice approached in front of me. I looked up but it was dark so I couldn't see who it was, but it was definitely a man's voice, a deep voice. I tried to get up but I couldn't. I yelped out a cry.

 

He saw me struggling so he leaned down and picked me up in his arms. Pushing though the crowds, he brought me back to a booth, which happened to be ours.

 

He laid me down on the cushion and pulled the sprained foot towards him.

 

I carefully scanned him. The light shined above us. The features on his face was seen-able. His hair was black and spiked up. His pupils were dark as his eyes were underneath dark medium eyebrows. His lips were full but a bit small and slight reddish. The muscles on his arms popped out from his turquoise collar shirt. He glanced at me. I looked away.

 

“AH!! It hurts...” I cried out as he twisted it a little bit.

 

“Excuse me...Could you please give us some ice bucket, and some towels?....Thank you...” He spoke out to the waitress who almost walked pass our booth.

 

As much as I have studied Korean for these past two years, I haven't much gained any knowledge from it yet. Still trying, though.

 

After the waitress passed us the ice bucket and some towels, he slowly raised my leg that was sprained and placed it over the ice bucket. I could feel the coldness shot straight up my spine. I shivered, as he placed the wet cloth around my ankle.

 

“Let your feet soak in this for a few minutes, then It'll be fine, okay?” He spoke to me. I didn't utter a word because I didn't know what he was saying.

 

Realizing that I didn't answer him, he glanced up with stern eyes. I quietly nodded my head as if I understood him. He quickly removed that stare and got up.

 

“Oh?! You're here! Yah....it's been a while, huh? How are you, oppa?” SeoA cheerfully spoke as she came into the booth with two glasses of martinis. She placed the glasses down and jumped to hug him. He laughed and stumbled a bit back.

 

I was confused at the situation. I didn't know what was going on. Did she just called him, oppa? As far as I know what it means....but....

 

“Hey...I want you to meet my guy friend...Soo Hyun...Kim Soo Hyun....” She spoke out.

“Nice to meet you...” I spoke out shly. “Ah... she speaks english? I thought she was korean.... I was wondering why she wasn't talking,” He said as he chuckled. SeoA slightly punched him as he flinched back.

 

“Oppa, She's my friend from the States. She's a photographer and a fashion designer. Her name is (Your name)” SeoA explained as she sat beside me and crossed her leg.

 

“Ahh....Nice to meet you, (Your name),” He slightly bowed and smiled.

 

“Oh...I forgot to tell you one thing,” SeoA turned to me, “Soo Hyun...He's an actor...A korean Actor...”

My eyes grew wide, not believing her. “He starred in korean dramas....I don't know if you have seen it....have you?”She asked again...

 

“Really? No wonder he looked familiar...I thought I was going crazy for a second. I think...hm...He just recently got done with his drama, 'My love from the star'?” I asked her, while looking at him. “THAT'S RIGHT!!” She shouted happily. Soo hyun sat down and laughed.

 

30 minutes to an hour has passed as we continued our talk about a lot of interesting things. I was surprised at the same time about Soo hyun's english. He's really good. I could understand him clearly. It got to the point where I realized I forgot to use the bathroom. Then, the urged feeling of peeing came back. My bladder felt like it would explode any minute. I excused to myself to go the the restroom.

 

Though on my way back as I limped, the club was a bit less crowded now. It was midnight and most of them had left home. The booth had became far from the bathroom, so halfway there, I stopped and leaned against a stool.

 

“D.OYAH!! D.Oyah!! Hurry! We gotta go!”a voice shouted from the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter