VI: The Ftero Prince

My Vampire Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ftero Vampires: Feathered Vampires

Children of both night and day; half-vampires and half-faeries. The only other kind of vampires there are. Pure Ftero bloods have white wings and can hide them at will while Ftero bloods have brown or gray wings that sprout during day and disappear during night. A human, a faerie or a vampire can’t be turned into a ftero by being bitten and only by Blood Covenant.

 

Nikolai Cyro Hervejkul

A peaceful afternoon dusted the locale, and only the sound of wings flapping as birds flew away accompanied by the chimes of the bells disturbing it. White feathers softly descended from the sky and gently landed on the grand marble stairs of the cathedral with its closed doors a couple of feet away.

Through those doors, on one of the benches that were lined up in four columns facing the altar was a body lying with both arms bended and resting underneath his head. His gaze was turned towards the majestic ceiling, with its, gold linings that shimmered with the orange streak of light steadying on it. Soft heaving of his chest might have tricked anyone that he was deep asleep, dreaming and he was although he wasn’t asleep.

Bejeweling green eyes looked fixedly at the painting on the ceiling. Both orbs glimmered as they grazed the outlines and the features of the artwork that was made into a face of an angel. A face beautiful and mysterious with her pale, pearly face along with blue eyes and the silky blonde hair that came pass her shoulders. She had her wings spread out, curling in as if to hug her as her hand pressed together in front of her chest as if praying.

“Staring at her that hard will not make her real, you do know that right?” a voice interrupted his deep thoughts of admiration towards the painting and closely followed by, “He must know that already after all this time”

With a groan, he begrudgingly turned his attention from the painting to the owners of the voices. It didn’t help that it was his sisters that had come in to bother him - naturally. They both sat on top of the bench that sat in front of his, one with her legs crossed while the other swung hers. His lips puckered in annoyance, trembling even as he almost hissed and flashed them his fangs just to emphasize his mood.

“Ladies, stop tormenting our future king” another voice joined them and his puckered lips frowned, he was being ganged up by the three but his irritation dispersed into embarrassment at the title used to call him.

Soon he was surrounded the three with the other standing behind him and leaning against the bench. Knowing there was no way out and he couldn’t simply ignore their presence, he sat up and stretched his legs before leaning back against the seat and crossing his legs over the other. “Didn’t you hear me when I said I wanted solitude for the rest of the day?” He then said.

At that moment, none of the three was paying any attention to him. Their heads were tilted up and eyes on the lady above them. “But I wouldn’t blame you, she truly is beautiful” the older of the two ladies said and he could only smile and nod as he looked up as well.

“A beautiful queen suitable for the king, right Cyro?” the youngest of them said, smiling from ear to ear as she looks back to him. Cyro chuckled at her and nodded his head in a shy manner. “Just how Cale’s future wife would have made a beautiful queen as well” the other lady said and the Cale only grinned at her. “If anything, you both would make a beautiful queen as well. Queen Yane and Queen Chere” Cyro followed the other’s antics and gestured to the other two, Yane nodding with a big smile as she wraps an arm around the younger’s shoulders.

“It makes me wonder though, was she painted from the painter’s imagination or was there a real person” Chere then said and it caught all of their attention as they once again looked up towards the ceiling, all tilting their heads in thought. Right then an idea came to Cyro.

“Nichkhun Cyro Horvejkul, you only have three months left and you still are empty handed with a queen” Queen Yen spoke, though her voice was soft and calm, it came to him like a wave in the midst of a tsunami.

The conservatory though made mostly of glass and marble, it was fairly echo-y at that certain day. All of the words spoken seemed to take such a long time to stop ringing inside his ear and being the prince he was he couldn’t shake off his head as that would be disrespect to both his queen and king who were also his mother and father.

A couple of years ago, Cyro was announced to be the next to take the throne and soon be crowned as the king when his older brother, Cale rejected the seat. The oldest did so in dream of having a normal life, as normal as a life of a pure ftero blood can get. That dream of his has been realized even before the announcement of the coronation and has been recognized by his father and mother. It has always been Cyro who showed genuine interest towards politics and the ruling of his kingdom, and he being the supportive brother he was to the older had agreed to take the responsibility of to be next king. However, it came with a specific criterion and that was to rule with a king or a queen alongside them.

It wasn’t the relationship he disliked but the idea of being arranged to marry someone as it has always been done. He was to agree to see one of the fteroes the council has chosen for him and choose one to rule with him. If Cale wanted a normal life, Cyro wanted to fall in love but not with just any one.

With that in mind, he was given permission to leave the clan in search for his queen but upon landing in Korea, he's plans have gradually changed when he was gradually involved in other matters other than what his purpo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter