V: Leaving Again?

My Vampire Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What happened? Dara you can’t leave us out of the dark like this” Bom insisted for the answers to leave the vampire’s mouth but just as much relentless she was with the questions, the other was just the same with keeping her lips sealed.

Frustration getting the best of her, the main vocal threw her hands up in the air with an exasperated sigh. She was not about to give up but there truly no other thing she could do aside from that option, as no matter how much she pushes Dara just pushes her back. Though her included, she wanted answers pertaining to why her other half was not able to sense her distress or her calls even with Jaejoong who Chaerin couldn’t reach when they needed them most. Actually, the two were still missing or at least unreachable and they were starting to worry.

Ignoring her friend, Dara looked at Jihyo and found her staring at her feet. She already had her turn getting interrogated by the two and she didn’t sing, no matter what music they played and Dara knew what she was feeling. Jihyo was rather hesitant about telling them about what happened when she herself wasn’t truly sure if it did happen and it wasn’t only a dream caused by her uneasiness with her new surroundings. Just like Bom, she had questions but the answers to hers were more important at the moment and she wanted to know of them as well.

“Would it be doable if Jihyo unnie and I wisp to see Marko and Callido?” she voiced out the only option she knew would end both of their confusion. Of course, it wasn’t very likely for them to be allowed to leave when only days ago had they arrive. Nevertheless, she wasn’t going to let them stop them.

“And for what reasons may I ask?” Jiyong raised a brow, dangerously high on his forehead that made it look like it was painted rather than his real brow being raised. It wasn’t just him who became curious to the reason, all of the ones in the room had turned their eye on the vampire and Jihyo included.

“There is something I want to speak about with them and I’d need to do it soon, it’s very urgent” it wasn’t a complete lie, they did both wanted to inquire about something, she just used ‘I’ instead of ‘we’. “And it won’t take us a day or two, promise” she added, sounding very reasonable.

The answer of whether they let them go or not was very much an easy task to do, but it was whether they should let them or not stumped them. At a time when two of the most important beings to be around Dara when something might happen to her were aloof and on top of it all, something had happened and the two of them wouldn’t let them in on it.

“At least let us come with you  - ” Minji started.

“No” but Dara interjected right before she could even finish her sentence, making her case a little too suspicious. All of them narrowed their eyes on the vampire, and Jihyo slapped her hand to her forehead then shaking her head. “I-I mean, there’s no need for that. I’ve got unnie with me” she said with a bit of a stammer in the beginning. She bit her tongue as she watched them register her words, she was wishing hardly for them to believe it.

For a moment, none of them talked but both her and Jihyo were pleading to all the heavens for them to let them leave  as they didn’t want to be going against them. If anything they’d like to figure things out without lying to them too much, though they weren’t really sure if they had to know since it didn’t really concern them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter