IV: Seizing the Curse

My Vampire Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara blinked her eyes, trying to make sense of what had happened or if it really did happen and not just a fragment of her imagination due to her unsettling worries. She looked at that same hallway and the red headed woman wasn’t there anymore, no traces of her were left and it made the vampire believe that it was perhaps just a creation of her mind.

“Dara, come on” Bom tugged at the vampire’s arm, calling her into her senses.

“Oh, yeah” Dara replied a bit late and then turning to face the other. Bom’s brows were furrowed in a way that meant she was worrying more than ever. The latter wanted to wipe that expression off her face as it didn’t fit with her beauty. If anything she should be the last of her worries, Zen being on top of that and the family they will probably be starting with soon enough.

Holding her hand, the two Parks entered the door where they were welcomed with booming ‘hellos’ and his’ that they swore could be heard throughout the hall. For a split second Dara felt happy, seeing how she was still welcome no matter how strange she has been since they had seen her again.

Chaerin and Minji had come earlier than they did and they sat by the end of the room, chatting to each other without much life until they saw their unnies come in. Jiyong perked up as well from the sight of the blonde and blue eyed vampire that looked more or less confused over the festivities the little room had. Dara felt more relaxed to see the three of them there.

“You wouldn’t believe how many people were gawking at our dear princess” Bom giggled, teasing the other of course and Dara couldn’t help but roll her eyes at her remark. Her point was proven by the group of dancers who sat by the side and staring at the idol like they saw some goddess or something.

“The blue eyes and blonde hair looks so natural on unnie, I think you can just keep it that way” Minji commented and earning a smile from Dara.

“Tell that to Jaejoong oppa” Chaerin snorted and the smile faltered into a line with her cheeks blushing at the same time.

After a moment of congratulating Seungri over his comeback and talking about some other things too before he needed to go on stage, Dara took a seat between the maknaes and faced the T.V screen where the idol was shown at including the dancers.

Watching the latter enjoy himself on stage had her thinking of what it had felt like to be on that stage as well, to be singing and dancing like the three other girls. Thinking of nothing other than performing for their most beloved fans and sharing their music with the people who enjoys it, that feeling that is familiar yet unknown just like most of the things in her life was at the moment.

She has some snippets of their performance etched in her head, there are a few that were clear but the more important ones were blurry and sometimes just annoying to try to clear out. There was nothing she could do other than look for more remembrances, it was the only way. Only if time was hers to control, then they wouldn’t have to be waiting for her to remember her memories when she could just freeze time and then unfreeze it when she finds all of them.

“Oh” she huffed when she remembered the little scene that happened right before that very door, or at least on the other side of it. “Do you remember time freezing just a few moments ago?” she asked carefully to the other four but they all shook their heads, not knowing what she was talking about.

If time did really freeze, would they have known about it? The possibility of that is small and if they were really frozen they really wouldn’t know of it. The bigger question was, if time really did freeze why didn’t she?

“Are you sure you’re not sick or anything unnie?” Chaerin asked anxiously, even setting the back of her hands against her forehead to see. It was a bit of a ridiculous gesture to use to see if the older was doing fine since she obviously wasn’t in her human form.

“Are you hungry? We could get Zen hyung to go hunting with you” Jiyong offered and Dara smiled, shaking her head and telling them she was fine with just that but of course they didn’t believe her.

One can only imagine how much strength, control and will power Dara held to be able to control her thirst around humans especially when she was in full vampire form. Everyone slips from time to time and she’s probably not one to be exempted of such rules, but with the way she’s been lately with blood it’s a bit of a wonder.

Obviously they weren’t going to test that out with cutting themselves right in front of her, no matter how much of a vampire they are they still halves and that meant their blood is still delectable to full vampires.

“Do you guys always baby me like this?” Dara chuckled, wondering if she was really treated that way or maybe it’s just because of her condition that everyone is very sensitive to her needs. It wouldn’t be the first time if it was the latter.

“Well, you’re like the youngest of the group no matter how old your age is and the maknae line likes babying you since they look mature around you” Bom answered, not failing to show a bit of hurt from the discrimination between her and her same aged friend – at least in her human years. Both Chaerin and Minji smiled widely, seeming innocent from the accusation at which they were both guilty for.

“Bom nuna likes to baby you more than the other two, but she evens it out with having you as her first target when she feels like bullying someone” Jiyong grinned and it was Bom’s turn to feign innocence.

All of them ended up laughing and forgetting that they were there for Seungri’s comeback performance. Dara didn’t expect to enjoy the time away from the safety of her room, locking herself up from the reality of her forgotten memories. Even though there were no remembrances, she found herself slowly putting the pieces back together although knowing it wasn’t going to be as simple as that.

The picture of them just spending the time like that looked so perfect, even the emotions were almost detailed so then why does Dara feel as if something was missing? It’s like having a puzzle with all the pieces put together but with the border pieces missing. It was perfect like that but not complete.

At the sudden thought of something missing, Dara started to feel a bit sad but she still wore the smile for the others to not worry. There was just something, something so small that may not have made any difference in the picture yet its emotional importance was great that there’s just the hole.

“You’re missing him, aren’t you?”  Bom said, a smile that was always present when she was with Zen appeared on her lips. It was a smile of happiness, the kind that she can’t hide no matter how much she tries.

With the mention of ‘him’, without any specification of who ‘him’ is Dara nodded and the first image in her mind to register was one of Jaejoong. It wasn’t any random face, but the one he had when he had said her name back when they were still in the plane on their way to Seoul. The cocky smile he had for noticing how flustered she got and without much thought, Dara smiled.

“Maybe a little, he doesn’t seem to be missing me though” then the beautiful smile faltered into a pressed line. Bom rolled her eyes at that statement.

Sometimes they tend to forget that Dara doesn’t have a memory of loving the werewolf, or any special feeling towards him. One thing hadn’t changed, the princess’s naivety when it comes to the emotions of others for her, emotions that are particularly more special that the normal.

“Oh please. That guy doesn’t have a bone in his body that doesn’t sing for you, if anything he’s probably arguing with himself to call you or not so he won’t look too clingy” Bom snorted and the other three agreed to her argument. Dara wished she could agree to it and believe to what she said, but she just couldn’t because for one thing, there wasn’t any proof of that.

Dara just chuckled, lifelessly though and put her head down so her eyes were staring at her hand. She felt so new, so estrange to the whole idea of loving someone and maybe because it had been years since the last time. The last time had ended badly if not unwell, having to go through that was a territory she didn’t want to enter and would rather die.

A sharp pain rushed through her head, too much that her hands reached to her forehead and a loud scream emitted from . Bom had jumped up from her seat in surprise and the other three rushing over her side and repeating questions of worry again and again, but she couldn’t even answer one of them from the pain.

Dara’s eyes were shut close, hands pressed tightly against her head as her whole torso was bent forward. They couldn’t figure out what was going on with her, what had gone wrong after moments of being just fine. Bom had her hand draped ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter