II: New Beginning

My Vampire Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wait, what?” Hero had almost lost it, nearly transforming into his wolf from while they were still in the plane. He had heard, or eavesdropped for a more technical term, about the plans the vampire princess had for the witch and the warlock.

“Are there any problem, Jaejoong?” Araia looked back at the wolf, her eyes dangerously cold blue as they were narrowed down at him. Swallowing the lump that had formed on his throat, he groaned and looked away, biting his tongue to stop him from saying anything.

He decided to fix his eyes on the window, watching the clouds thinning as they slowly descended neared to their destination, a long hour away. For the whole flight, he had allotted his time watching the princess when she was sleeping or trying to make small talks when she was awake. Beyond doubt, the small talks failed because of a certain warlock and so, the free time was him seething.

But now, behind that uncaring front he put on he couldn’t deny that he felt rather chirpy to hear the vampire call him with his Korean name. Xiah and Mickael or Junsu and Yoochun, stared at their cousin as if he was losing his mind, having been related they felt quite a bit of each other and now they were feeling all sorts of happiness. The effect she has on him was strange yet novel, like a paradox often times.

Ignoring the wolf’s interruption, Araia went on with what she was talking about before she was disturbed. “You and Amelia would be using the names Song Joongki and Song Jihyo, because you two are brother and sister it is only appropriate that you both have the same last name” Araia smiled, specifically at Jasper who seemed to be having a hard time grasping the whole concept of having another identity.

He had asked what was wrong with their name before and Araia had to explain the whole idea of fitting in, Amelia tried in the beginning but gave up when her brother still didn’t understand anything she said.

“Also, you would need to stop calling her Araia in public. She goes by the name of Dara or Sandara Park” Bom added, smiling as the ring to her words reminded her of their debut and with a quick glance to Chaerin and Minzy, they all started giggling.

“We can also ask Hyunsuk hyung to sign them under YG, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind at all” Jiyong added.

It was a great idea, a little too great in someone’s opinion and they didn’t fail to hide their disagreement with the growl that rumbled behind their throat. “I think it’s better to sign them under another company, to give them exposure, you said it yourself, they need to mingle with humans” Jaejoong responded to the idol’s suggestion, a grin playing on his lips as his suggestion beat the latter’s.

“Hyung is right, we can take Amelia with us and I’m sure Donghae won’t mind taking Jasper under SM” Yoochun supported his cousin, feeling the need to or the repercussion of not doing so would be rather painful.

“Yeah right, Jaejoong oppa is just jealous because if Jasper oppa signs with us, he’ll be spending a lot of quality time with unnie” Minzy wiggled her eyebrows, hitting the spot right on as Jaejoong glared at her.

“It’s already settled, he’s not signing with YG” he said through gritted teeth and clenched fist, yet again the girls had a reason to start laughing.

Dara could only roll her eyes at the prince’s childishness, although she hasn’t completely adjusted to everything yet she was slowly coming around it. It was rather hard to get her mind wrapped around all of it, the overwhelming stir in her chest whenever she thought of how her life has been or had been. She wasn’t absolutely against remembering her memories but often times it feels more like a responsibility, a duty, a need rather than a want. 

Of course she wasn’t perfect, she still had feelings and more times than expected she finds herself wishing that she never regains her memory. There was just too much to deal with, most especially the pressure put on her. She couldn’t help but feel guilty whenever someone happily or excitedly talks about something but yet she was left there not knowing what they were talking about. Her case may excuse her of her ignorance but she didn’t want to be pitied or have them feel disappointed and sadder than they already were.

Sometimes at night she wonders to herself if she will ever remember everything, if all of her memories come back to her in one piece. Then right after, she would ask herself what she’d do if they never do.

“I’m so excited to get home. I can’t wait to see everyone again” Dara heard Minzy cheer, the other two girls sitting in front of her smili

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter