III: Memory Glitch

My Vampire Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“They are staring” Dara muttered under her breath, her eyes staked forward but her ears and her senses were catching everything that was happening around her and it was very irritating. It wasn’t to say she couldn’t handle her vampire-ness, it was just a bit uncomfortable at the moment especially when she only had half her humanness and the other half scraping everything to her senses.

It has been quite a lot of work for her to try to be as human as she can, but having a fraction of her memory lost, it wasn’t an easy job. Although she’s been practicing, the task was undeniably taxing and annoying to do, but it was like something was stopping her from completely taking in humanity and hide the vampire in her,  and so there she was, half a vampire princess walking around the city of Seoul.

“Just ignore them, they won’t do anything” Bom replied to her, a whisper that the vampire could only hear. Dara rolled her eyes and tried to give a witty retort but decided not to, it would just waste her time to try explaining to the half-vampire what the big deal about the whole thing was about.

It’s only been a couple of days since they got back from Europe, there were things that Dara wasn’t knowledgeable about but she was getting through it with the help of everybody but it was getting a bit of a drag. All she wanted was to hide in her room and sleep until the sun doesn’t shine anymore, but no, she was being dragged everywhere to sight see.

Amelia and Jasper, or now known as Song Jihyo and Song Jongkook have had little trips of their own with the assistance of their now new label mates. It wasn’t helping that she had become overly sensitive for the past days, easily irritated by everything and anything that went her way or that didn’t go her way. If not for Zen looking out, there would have been regrettable things done.

“Easy for you to say, they’re not gawking at you” she mumbled lastly, closing her eyes for a moment and trying to find the imaginary off switch to mute everything. It would have worked since a smile was already forming on her lips, not successfully though because of Bom deciding to rant off about something she really didn’t care about nor wanted to hear.

She wasn’t being rude, even though the act speaks for itself, but there were thoughts in her mind bugging her every hour of every minute of every second of the day. Perhaps not to that extent, but she couldn’t let it go no matter what she does and especially because she didn’t know what it was. It was like words and images buzzing inside her head in raspy whispers at some times, wanting to make sense but for whatever reasons they had, they just couldn’t.

“You’re not even listening” Bom let out a sharp gasp; catching up to the vampire’s mood but she didn’t sound hurt though. She must have expected the kind of attitude from the other since she didn’t say anything afterwards nor did anything and continued off with a different matter.

“I’m sorry, it’s just my thoughts are acting up again” Dara said in manner that seemed like her condition was some kind of allergy she gets every season and Bom could only chuckle at her friend’s silliness.

For a moment they stopped talking, no words were exchanged as they walked down the hallway of the music building. It wasn’t particularly awkward and it would have been if the circumstances were the same as about a month ago when the vampire still had her memories intact. Such times seemed to be the trend lately, as words just didn’t flow out as smoothly as they used to.

“So … when do you think I’ll be getting a niece or a nephew” Dara said out of nowhere, making the half- vampire choke on her own spit.

A grin spread across the vampire’s face as she watched the frazzled expression of her face. She had thought of it as just an ice breaker and didn’t expect for such reaction from the other, nonetheless it did its job since the silence between them had disappeared. What was left was Bom’s red face and Dara’s amused one.

Turning her head away, swinging her hair at the same time, Bom looked ahead of them. She was reminded of her and Zen’s recent conversation with the vampire, one that took most of the day to get over. It wasn’t an argument or co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter