ch.7

the parallel world of mirrors

Sunjung told suho about all what happened to her this morning and during the night and was a little skeptical when it came to the part where she thinks she dragged him with her into this. He seemed not to believe her though. He kept saying he had the picture with him this morning and that he even remembers putting it in his bag to bring it with him to school. He didn't find it, but this doesn't mean it was not with him. Telling him she saw a strange girl in the mansion and telling him she was now following both of them, are two different things.
Throughout the day he kept thinking about it, her words and the crazy EVERYTHING she said! He got scolded by all his teachers because he was paying attention to none. He, at first, thought that sunjung was probably dreaming. Or she was too scared alone there and started seeing things when inside the mansion but now it is starting to get out of control. He cannot allow her to hurt herself for something that is mostly untrue ... mostly ... still, in his mind, there was a chance that all this was real, and he had to make sure of it even if it sounded crazy. Not just for her, but for him as well.
He agreed to go with her to her house after school. Since she had the picture as she said and the writing on her shower's glass, then they shall see!
--------------
They did not speak a word the whole way till her house. Both of them are holding their umbrellas to protect them from the pouring rain that started minutes before they left the school campus. And each one is lost in his own world. For her, she was afraid not to find the picture and the writing. She wanted suho to believe her so he can be careful. And finding the picture in her house was her best chance to show him before it would get too late. On the other hand, she was wondering why that thing in her house allowed her to leave in the first place if it wanted her to come back there later. Even suho reached the mansion and they both left peacefully! So what does it want now?! She just couldn't reason with it. Her mind couldn't give even one possible answer. She knew she would know the truth later anyway. After all, she was already dragged into this world, but she was afraid to know later. Even if she was not a huge fan of horror, yet, she knew how each protagonist is dragged into too much before he could really figure out what was going on. Whether a happy fair ending or not, the protagonist always lived and suffered a lot before coming to the end! And that was the scariest thing about it. And soon now this is reality and not some horror movie. She was heading for the unknown now and it was so much scarier than watching it on TV. This was her life being manipulated and she was for sure not some paid actor who will finish the job and go home unharmed.

While for suho, his only hope was not to find the picture or the writing. He did not want to believe about this. None of it at all he wanted to think of even. And it was a few steps now before the ugly truth would be revealed to him.
----------------
The first thing they did was going up to her room, looking for the picture. It wasn't there though, and the writing was not there as well! She looked everywhere for the picture, but found nothing in her room. Suho felt comfort while she freaked out. She removed her blankets and tossed them to the floor along with her pillows and she emptied all the drawers of her room, she did literally look everywhere until suho stopped her. "Listen, let's take a rest, okay? Maybe we'll find it later. Let us get something to eat. I won't take no for an answer! ", She gave him a nod and walked with him. She wasn't giving up on this even if she had to go to the mansion again right now to prove it! But for now, a rest seemed like a good idea. He made her sit down and headed to the fridge to open it but couldn't. The picture was placed on the door handle.  All his body started shaking and he couldn't say a word. He felt paralyzed. Sunjung noticed his state and walked over to him to see what was going on. She held his shoulder and shook him softly asking him to tell her what is wrong, but he didn't know what to do. He only pointed at the empty handle that had the picture a moment ago...
She dragged him to the living room after giving him a glass of water, then asked him about what he saw if he saw anything but he did not answer her. There was still a small chance that his mind was playing with him too! He felt like if he told her then it was going to become real for sure.
As he gulped the water down, she saw the picture placed over the fireplace. She ran to it and held it tightly and brought it to suho to see it, but stopped halfway when she noticed that there was a third person inside the picture with them. One she never noticed his presence before, hiding between two bushes but his face was clear. It was the same boy who fell on their bench that day. His face, though, was kind of familiar. She saw him somewhere else too. She could swear it was the same face of that guy she saw chained in the mansion in her dream...