ch.6

the parallel world of mirrors

When the picture disappeared, her eyes popped out and she gave the nightstand another scared look while taking a step backwards as if she was ready to run. She felt like there is something that is going to go out of the stand suddenly or the stand would turn into a scary creature! After what she saw in the mansion everything seemed scarier especially that now she knew supernatural really exists. To her surprise though, the frame was actually on the ground and did not really disappear at all. She figured she just misplaced it and it fell on the carpet so she did not hear. Even though something inside of her was shouting that this was not what happened, that she did place correctly, she ignored that feeling. She kept telling herself that she was becoming more of a scaredy cat now after that night and scolded herself for it. That laugh she heard and the appearance of an old picture she was sure hidden in the attic, out of nowhere. She must be imagining it all. Even if supernatural exist, she was telling herself that she's making everything look a lot bigger than it is. Thus, she decided to ignore it.

 -----------------

 As she was taking her shower, she was trying to calm her thoughts. She couldn't tell what was going on around her, but she knew there was something in her room, something that has to do with the mansion. She tried to ignore it. She tried really hard to ignore it. Convincing herself that her brain is only playing tricks on her after what she saw in the mansion. She was ready to create a thousand reason to the extend to think she needed a sever therapy, any reason, but the idea of something sticking around her from that horrible place and those red eyes that hunted her there.

 Suddenly, a shadow of a girl was by the shower's foggy glass door. She could see clearly that is was a girl. "Mom!" she called. But the person did not answer. "Mom what are you doing in my bathroom? " she called again but again was answered with silence. This time it was clear this was not her mother, for the shadow came closer to the door and its figure became totally clear. It was a figure of a slim girl unlike her mother who was a little chubby. she wiped a small patch of the glass with her hand so she can see the inside of the bathroom and squinted her eyes to the glass in attempt to see more clearly after she saw nothing at the first time she looked but this time also, there was nothing in there . "Mom probably needed something and was on a hurry so she went out quickly... ". She finished her shower quickly and got out to notice "COME BACK!" appearing slowly all over the glass with what she thought was blood at first but looked again to figure it was lipstick. The same color of the crimson eyes she saw before and she was sure now, there was something else with her. She can tell. Something must have followed her. No more convincing herself that it was just her imagination. This was real! A shiver ran through all her body as she repeated "all this ... Is a call for me... to go back to the mansion... once again. The crimson eyes want me to go back there … "

--------------------

 on her way to school she was thinking about the only thing occupying her mind recently, the mansion. Should she really go? This time, no matter how crazy it seemed or what kind of ideas rushed to her mind, she was eager to discuss it with suho. She was still afraid to go and she wanted to tell him what happened to her at night and this morning, she knew that he would try to stop her but she thought she had no other choice but to go. For now, she has something wandering in her room. Something that is definitely threatening her. So if a bad thing did not happen to her if she ignores going to the mansion then there is something bad that is going to happen to her inside her own room.

 She was so caught up in her thoughts, planning ahead what she will tell suho and trying to shape her sentences, that she did not notice his calls behind her. He grabbed her arm while panting, causing her to jump softly in surprise. His smile was brighter than usual and it had a hint of shyness in it. Sunjung returned the smile and waited him to catch his breath, " hey Mr. grumpy in the morning. You look less grumpy today, any specific reason? "She asked and he nodded, the smile still on his face," yeah, I found a picture on the nightstand next to my bed when I woke up this morning. An old one I thought you had at your house.  seems I was wrong! "He said, raising his brows in delight."Really! Which picture is that?! "She asked almost instantly, her tone higher than she expected. She was thinking about the picture she found this morning and was afraid he would say it was the same one, for if it was, then this means she dragged suho into this too. "Um... It's one we took when we were in the elementary school. Remember that day when we had ice-cream for breakfast, thinking that was badass? Then we spent the whole day playing in the arcade and the park and we-" "suho... "She interrupted."I found this exact picture on my nightstand this morning... This is not good... "