ch.4

the parallel world of mirrors

------
chanyeol's P.O.V
------

i heard some weird voices the night before, so i went to see what was going on . I saw what I was exactly hoping not to see , a girl ! one who looked like someone  i used to know very well . i wonder what brought her here though . well, no matter what the reason was , she should go away ! today that demon-like spirit isn't here but what if it came back and saw her ? I'm sure it will do something to her or scare the heck out of her .  i can't allow it to hurt more people . what it did to me and yoosun was enough ! it trapped both of us here . and it was all the fault of that stupid guy sehun . this part was made clear some multiple times to us by the spirit already  .

anyway , i called yoosun over and told her we needed to get this girl away from here and she agreed unwillingly , saying that this girl could be our ticket out of this torture, but i refused, since this "could" could get us in a worse situation , and get the girl in so much trouble too . I'm desperate to go out of this place but not on the account of others ! so eventually , we decided to scare her away . yoosun was in a form of a ghost , while i was trapped inside this gate , between death and living  . hence,  she was the one able to do the mission . and indeed she did . she showed her a lot of delusions and played with her head a lot ! the girl eventually fell on the ground , passed out .  when that girl fainted yoosun sent a text to a friend of hers  to come and take her . god, how seeing her friend carrying her away relieved me . even though i hated to see her this scared . but i knew we had to . yoosun though, kept arguing that this wasn't the right thing to do ." we should've had let that girl know about our real presence here! "she exclaimed, but I ignored her and disappeared , hearing her mumble a couple of things while going away too .
 

Later that night , I remembered the guy's face , it looked so familiar as well ! he reminded me of suho , the friend of my elementary School's crush ! can this be him ? I must know ! I called yoosun again , wanting to know if she remember the name of the person she dialed from the contacts but she didn't answer me , " where was she ? " I wondered  "could it be that she followed that girl ?" that's the only idea that popped to my head!  but then again ,  no way ! she knows what will that evil spirit do if it found out she left this house !

---------------
end of P.O.V
---------------
 


"knock ! knock ! " come on sunjung wake up or you'll be late for school !"  sunjung's mom ordered .
"i'm awake .." sunjung responded and heard her mother's footsteps walk away .
red puffy eyes , dark under-eye circles and a tired-looking skin . this was her status now after spending the whole night without sleeping . she groaned and went to the shower , hoping it would make her look more presentable  .

 after breakfast,  she headed to school to find suho waiting her by the gate . they both got inside together  and was surprised because of  all the eyes of curiosity that were following them on the way until they reached her class . there,  he hugged her then left , after wishing her a good luck . She told him the day before that she won't tell about what happened and he agreed to her so now she needed some luck and support , he thought . facing the school would definitely not be easy . she got inside and headed to her seat where sunhee was already waiting . she greeted her and sat . sunhee couldn't wait to ask about the night . expecting to hear something really interesting or at least a description of that place . sunjung though , faked an embarrassed  smile and cleared to her that she hardly made it to the garden but was too scared to go further so she went home quickly without even reaching the front door  and that on the day after she had caught flu so she didn't come to school .

disappointment was written all over sunhee's face  when she  heard that . she had raised all kinds of expectations and all types of scenarios , especially when sunjung didn't appear the day after , she was even afraid to ask about her at her house so she went to mr.kim and asked him about her . to make sure he didn't receive any news about her . and he answered that he didn't even know she wasn't at School !

 sunhee  smiled and softly messed sunjung's hair . " you'll always stay a scaredy cat " she teased ," but anyway it was preposterous to think you could go there when even the bravest in town never dared to approach it . i guess that place will forever stay a mystery". sunjung nodded and smiled " I guess so … " .  she had a part of her screaming to tell everyone what she saw , but she preferred not to talk about it .  it would be better that way, she decided . sunhee then went to her seat apparently telling her friends what sunjung told her since they were whispering and glancing at her with a weird face. sighing , she held her bag up to take out her book to find a paper balled and tossed into her bag . she flattened it and read . " i need to see you at the gym during the lunch break , don't be late ! " , she chuckled quietly thinking this probably was suho and tossed the paper back into her bag as she heard mr. kim entering the classroom .

after class she walked into her locker where suho was standing with a smile on his face , she greeted him with a goofy smile.
" so .. what are you planning to do during the lunch break , huh ? " sunjung demanded playfully .
" .. i'll have lunch .. like … everyday .." suho answered with a bit of hesitation .
" so there are no other plans ? like doing a certain something in the gym maybe ? " she questioned,  the goofy smile still on her face  . suho shook his head in denial , not sure if she was referring to something  he didn't remember or a plan in her mind .
" okay then " she said. " i'll see you during the break " then  headed to her next class . leaving suho confused and looking at her walking all the way till she disappeared at the next turn of the corridor  .

she went to the gym after finishing her morning classes , not really certain of what would she find since suho's reaction made her rethink of who would that be, but she thought even if this was a prank , what's the worse that would happen ? she's in school and no one can harm her ! one scream and all the school will be in here . she entered there calling for suho but found a strange guy instead . he was cold looking , mysterious and staring directly at her right now . 

" thanks for coming sunjung " he spoke calmly . she glared him and tried to keep a poker face to hide her nervousness . her voice as she asked though, couldn't hide it  " w-what do you WANT ? " . she wasn't even sure if he's a student here since she didn't  remember seeing him around before this . his only response was an audible sigh and he sat on a bench motioning her to sit next to him . she gave him a suspicious look but sat anyway leaving a good space between them . as she sat his face changed from confidence and cold to nervous . he was tapping his foot to the floor as he spoke " don't worry I'm not planning to do anything to you if that was what's on your head , i just wanted to ask you about something .. your visit to the park mansion .. you really didn't .. " .

"no." she inturrupted . "as I said to my friend before,  i didn't go inside or see anything ! " .