ch.3

the parallel world of mirrors

Suho's P.OV :

I heard her sigh, I bet she was trying to get that image out of her head , then concentrate on the food in front of her again, filling with it as if she didn't eat since months ! I glanced at her again and shivered when remembering what she told me about the place and what she saw.

"a girl was standing as I looked up " she said. " she was dressed casually and looked totally normal . her face though I couldn't see , it was covered by the straddles of her coal black hair , I glanced at her from head to toe and noticed a few drops of what I thought were tears, falling to the floor . she just stood there crying silently so I got up to her to  see what's wrong  but when she heard my footsteps she held her face up and glanced me . the sight of her face made me feel my heart stop !  for she was mouthless ! she had no lips , but there was a fine line of hardly visible black stitches in its place which appeared when she walked towards me . her teeth made a fine line over her skin when it pressed on it and there were some drops of blood falling down from a stitch .  her eye smile showed that she was enjoying seeing me uncontrollably shake in panic , with each step of hers towards me I could feel my breath getting tighter and tighter ! when she got so close to me her eyes changes and  I saw the same crimson set of eyes for my dream and eventually I guess I just passed out . it was horrible ... "


 
"
so what brought you there ? " she suddenly asked, cutting my thoughts and earning a confused look from me , " I had a text from your phone saying I must come .. " I explained .
"
but how ? I- I never sent one.. "
"
then who did … ? could it be that girl you saw there ? "  I said , after thinking about it for a second .
" I don't know   ".. she answered , shaking her head softly , earning a sigh from me  . " well it doesn't matter , you're here now safe and sound so let's just forget all this " . she sighed heavily and nodded , and we both continued our  breakfast peacefully until the moment sunjung snapped " school !! "
I looked at the clock quickly " it's too late already .. "
"
noo! my mom is going to kill me "
"
it's not necessary to tell her "
she sighed "i won't , but what if she got a call from school ? "
"
she won't , with that new substitute teacher of our class , I don't think she would , you know how he's always lost and still doesn't recognize any of us and he usually forgets his duties and all . he hadn't even taken attendance all last week . so just calm ,  it will all be alright ."   she looked at me then chuckled , realizing I was quoting her .
" um .. I'm probably right.."
"  yeah but , shouldn't the fact that you're the one who said this make me feel worried ? " I teased , getting myself a kick from across the table .

______________


after a long day of video games and junk food , sunjung  headed back to her house. it was so quiet and she felt relief that her parents weren't home . she went quietly to her room and opened the door to find her mom setting on her bed , she gulped and looked at her mom . " A- annyoung ~ "
her mom looked towards her and smiled , which relieved sunjung , seems like her mom didn't know about her skipping school .
"
how was school today ? " her mom asked as sujung seated herself next to her .
"
it was good , boring as usual" ~
"
yes , school is always boring to you , but that doesn't justify why you skipped it " her mom stated .
"
you .. knew about that " sujung stuttered .
"
yes . your teacher called me about it . where have you been young lady ? and suho also ?  "
"
w-we..  "
"
let me guess , you were bored and decided you don't want to attend school today ? " her mother exclaimed  " well the world doesn't go like that , and this won't go unpunished "
"
b-but mo~  "
"
two weeks
"
mom ! "
" no going out and no phone and one more word and they'll be four "
she sighs in defeat " fine ... "

her mother got out of the room and closed the door harshly , leaving sujung there clenching her jaw and silently cursing that mansion, school, mr.kim and pretty much everything that came across her head until she finally calmed down and laid on her bed sighing

there was nothing much to do in her room causing boredom to start creeping into her  . she always called suho when she's bored . " suho must be in trouble too now , and it's my fault .." she sighed , " but I was lucky mom thought i was just bored and didn't question further  " she cheered . " I'll just go read some fanfic to pass time " she had this favorite fanfic that she would forget the world while she's reading , and to her good luck it had a new chapter so she was really excited now and forgot what happened to her just a while ago .

a good hour had passed while she was still reading but she stopped when she heard a knock on her window , as if someone is just throwing small rocks at it , she got up and went to see who was that, if there was any one at all , and someone's laughter was heard but there was no one in sight . she hissed and closed the window , but the knocking came back , this time she just opened the window and shouted, threatening whoever was there to call police , but the laughter just got higher which made her a little nervous , she would assume it was suho trying to play around but shouldn't he be grounded too ? , and it's really late to play such a prank anyway "maybe it's just some drunk person who's playing around " she told herself that then noticed that the laughter got suddenly quieter but sounded now closer , so close to the point it seemed as if the person is standing next to her and shortly after , it stopped ! and two lights were heading towards her house , the first thought she had was that this was a demon or something ! but when she looked closer , it was only her dad's car returning to the house .
she closed the window  quickly again with her heart pounding in fear , she rubbed her arms furiously , clenching her whole face , as if it is going to generate the heat needed to keep every danger away . she can no longer recognize what she was imagining from what was really happening with the thousand idea rushing into her head which was caused by that laughter , the one that sounded so close when she opened the window .  but how ? when she was on the second floor ! it's not possible unless you have wings !

it's no way she's going to be able to sleep now. that was her last thought before she sat on her bed and hugged her still laptop , looking for anything to keep herself busy from thinking .