ch.5

the parallel world of mirrors

"Why are you so furious about this?" sehun demanded , quite annoyed.
"I am not! Your way of asking is what's making me rage right now! "She sneered, trying to free her arm of his grip." I said let go! "
" Give me the real answer and I will!" he barked, earning a teary-eyed glare from her.
Just before he or she said anything further suho broke into the place while panting. He was worried when she didn't show up to have lunch with him as planned and then remembered their awkward conversation by the lockers so he dashed to the gym looking for her.
his grunted teeth and deadly glare he gave to sehun while he spat " let her go , NOW ! " when he saw how sehun was trapping her in the corner and grabbing her arm harshly , caused sehun to let her arm quickly and stutter " I - I wasn't p - planning to hurt her ! I - I just wanted an answer! " .

She ran behind suho quickly to hide when sehun let go. And he motioned sehun to leave. warning him to tell the school council if he ever caught him near her again . 

Sehun walked out the of place angrily, muttering an audible , "We'll meet again sunjung, I can promise you that" and glaring at them both, leaving a terrified sunjung standing in there with a worried and angry suho trying to calm her and scolding her at the same time . 

------------------------------------------

sunjung woke up earlier the next morning with sehun occupying her mind. She could have said that he was just another person curious about the mansion but his way of approaching the subject did not seem normal to her. She wanted to know more about this curiosity of his. Even though she did not answer him truthfully about anything and their argument about the place was cut by suho. Now she felt like she wanted to talk to him again, just to know the story behind his actions. Yet, she was afraid, Afraid of him and afraid of his reason for he sure did not look like a bully.  The look in his eyes when he mentioned the place had hidden a much more greater reason than she could imagine.

With a sigh she looked to her side to pick up her phone and see the time but her eyes caught another thing, a picture of her with suho. An old picture from when they were in the elementary school. She picked it up wondering what brought this picture to her nightstand. She sure did not place it there! She even forgot about this picture for a long time!
she shook the thoughts forming in her head about the frame with the thought that maybe it's her mom who placed it there . though , deep inside,  she know it wasn't her mother but she preferred to ignore it.

As she was staring at the picture, her thoughts were going back to that day. It was one of her summer's vacation days. Only a week before her second year of elementary school starts again. She and suho were so upset about the end of vacation since they spent it all doing nothing, nothing of what they had planned. They both agreed to spend the day together and do whatever they felt like doing. It was their way to make it for their lost time.

Their first activity was having ice cream for breakfast. They ran out of their houses so excited in the early morning, each one bringing all his savings.
They both reached together to the place they agreed on half an hour early. They were panting heavily but laughed when they saw each other arriving like that. She took suho's hand and dragged him quickly to the ice cream store and directly into the fridge.  Their eyes were glued to the glass as the fridge was full with all flavors! Usually they would go there during the afternoon and the fridge was always half empty that they considered themselves lucky if a favored flavor was still there.
That morning they ordered the hugest amount of ice cream they both ever ate! And their eyes sparkled as they were digging further with their spoons and smiling.

Their next station was the arcade. She laughed when she remembered suho's pout every time she had beaten him in a game, which was all the games but one, the karaoke! She still remembered his nice voice echoing in her ear, one of the most beautiful voices she had ever heard and his smile when he caught her staring at him as he sang and the blush creeping into both their cheeks.

Then she remembered the end of that day. Almost sunset, they were both sitting on a bench in the park near her house. Suho was drinking soda and she was carrying her can and looking at the other kids who just arrived to play. He released a heavy sigh and started tapping his foot. She gave him a look as if asking what was wrong. He gave her a small smile and shook his head then suddenly touched her cheek with the back of his fingers caressing it slowly. She frowned as he was leaning in slowly, looking at her eyes then her lips.  Both their eyelids were closing softly and their faces were getting closer. Less than an inch and their lips would have touched but they pulled away in surprise when a boy fell of the back of their bench. His legs untangled with the short fence that separated the grassed area from the stoned bath. She couldn't remember his face clearly but she remembered how he bowed with a red face and ran away from them quickly.

That day was one of her most memorable days with suho.

She let out a sigh and placed the picture frame back to its place and got up. a small smile curved on her lips and she looked back to take a final look at the picture before going to take her morning shower , the picture though , was not there anymore . It just vanished...

--------------------