ch.1

the parallel world of mirrors

Sunjung shivered in fear listening to all those stories her friends were telling , gulping hard each time someone starts with a new one . the idea of a sleep over was the worst idea she came up with , ever ! none of the stories told until now did really amuse her . it was rather a torture, A reason for her to kiss sleeping goodbye for the next few days. the horror session kept going and she tried her best to keep her mind occupied with anything so she wouldn't concentrate on what they were saying .and she hardly succeeded until she heard " Park mansion" , the name of a place that always interested her .

" A lot of stories has been told about that scary mansion over the hill and the disappearance of people there . have you ever heard any of it ? " sunhee asked , causing the room to become what seemed like a battlefield . the victorious was the one who's going to tell his version of the story first !
" some said that Mr. park killed his youngest son there and his ghost chased him seeking revenge so they left it running away for their lives and now the ghost is still living there inside the mirror he was killed in front of  " one said , " I heard that some spirit kidnapped the young guy and locked him inside a mirror there then forced his family to leave . " said another . " from what I heard the young man was obsessed with dark magic and demons , so he tried to summon  a demon , and that he opened an entrance to hell by mistake , it's still opened somewhere inside his room , anyone who enters the mansion inside through a mirror ." said a third .

sunjung was listening carefully to each one, not wanting to miss a word . something about that mansion had always attracted her but she had never dared to come close to the main gate even so listening to stories about it sure received a great deal of her attention .

" so how about you sunjung ? " one of them suddenly asked , her face full of anticipation for the words that are coming from the mouth of their host , " do u have any stories to tell us ? another version about the park mansion, perhaps ? " , sunjung  shook her head in denial , " oh come on you must have heard one here or there " the friend insisted, but  sunhee interrupted.  " leave her be Jae , she wouldn't tell even if she knew one " . Jae looked confusedly at sunhee who in return gave sunjung a smirk.  

sunjung couldn't just stay quite since she knows exactly what that smirk meant, " oh yeah? well,  i can tell stories that would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up out of fear ! " .

" oh come on ! you were shivering through the whole night and didn't speak a word until now. or do u think no one here noticed ! actually you're just making it more clear  that you're nothing but a big scaredy , I bet you wouldn't even try to face the smallest challenges ever! " . sunhee stated confidently .

" that isn't true at all , I can face any challenge ! " sunjung exclaimed knowing that she's going to regret it in away or another , but let it be , she didn't want to lose against sunhee like always ! this time she was determined that she will win against her !
"if you're that sure then fine,  I'll give you a challenge " .
"bring it on ! I'll win it and you'll regret ! " sunjung said without thinking it over , what's the worse challenge sunhee would give her ? to watch a horror movie ? to go through a spooky ride ? whatever it would be she can handle it .
sunhee smirked in response , "okay, I dare you to go spend a night inside the park mansion all alone ! " .

sunjung's eyes almost popped out when she heard that , everyone inside the room had their eyes on sunjung now , waiting for her response , but her mind was busy trying to process what sunhee just said . " f-fine " she stuttered after a few seconds , " I'll do it ! "

sunhee's face changed from a smirk  to utter shock ,she didn't expect her friend to accept  , in fact she only challenged her to knowing very well that her friend would never accept , actually no one with a brain will !  
but sunjung just did .  " you can't be serious , are you ? you wouldn't really do it , right ? " sunhee questioned . still not believing what sunjung said .

a girl from the group surrounding them cheered suddenly , " yes! , yes! , you got to do it sunjung , that way you'll prove to everyone that you're not as scaredy as they think , and what's the worse that would happen ? all stories we hear aren't real anyway , just do it !" 
sunjung nodded at her , then looked back at sunhee " as I said , I'll do it .. " 

-----------------

She went to the balcony and sat there looking at the empty street in front of her  .everything was just so quit and peaceful . all girls are asleep now and the sleepover went smoothly.  "i hope it will be like that when i spend the night there "  .she thought , and that reminded her about the situation she got herself into and a sigh left her lips . at that moment sunhee came to where she was sitting, carrying two cups of hot chocolate , sunjung looked at her then back to the street " can't sleep ? " she asked , " not really , and I assume you are same . " sunhee answered . sunjung nodded  and smiled taking the cup , " I'm sorry for what happened tonight , I didn't mean to drag you to such a thing " sunhee started talking but sunjung interrupted her " I know you said that to tease but I want to do that , no need to apologize .. " .


the next day  she went to school normally like any other day , but when she entered , everyone at school had their eyes on her , whispering and pointing .  the moment she closed her locker's door she found suho glaring at her . " what have you done to yourself ?? " he questioned , " nothing until now " she answered confusedly .
" the whole school already knows about that stupid challenge you accepted you know !"
"oh .. that .. so that's why i got all those strange looks , whispering and pointing since i got to school ! "
" how did you accept that ? I know you well , I'm sure you're shouting in fear on the inside  "
" not you too ! , well this is the strange part , I don't feel scared when I think about it , I mean yeah it is scary and all , but it's not as scary as I thought it would be " .

suho sighed , how can she not be scared ? the idea of an abandoned mansion itself is really scary to the bravest , how about for her ? the one who was scared of her shadow most of the time ! . she hit his arm playfully knowing exactly what was he thinking," don't worry , I have a feeling that it's going to be fine so don't give me that face " .

he raised his hands in defeat . he didn't understand how or why was she so calm and confidant about it but seeing her this determined made him feel helpless . he just walked with her to her class for another attempt to change her mind about this .
" so .. tell me .. when will you go there ? " he asked . 
" tonight " . she stated , " tonight I'll go and spend the whole night there" .
 " you know you don't have to do it , just forget about it , no one will blame you if you did , everyone here is scared of that place and won't blame you if you just dropped the whole thing .and even if they did blame you or tease you about it later, then who the hell cares ? just challenge them to go there instead of you and see ! they will surely back off !  and what will your parents say if they knew about the whole matter  ? " , she smirked " they already know that i'm spending the night at your house because we need to finish a school project " 
" you didn't .. what if your mother knew? i'll end up in a grave ! " she chuckled at his response , " suho just let it go okay?
with that new substitute teacher of our class , I don't think she would , you know how he's always lost and still doesn't recognize any of us and he usually forgets his duties and all . he hadn't even taken attendance all last week . so just calm ,  it will all be alright .. Let's talk later , go to your class now it's about to start " 
suho sighed  " then i'll see you after school .. "  . she nodded and waved as he walked to his class .
 
after her last class she headed to her locker and found him there, waiting for her already . they walked together until they got to the mansion and stood in front of it's main gate. sunjung was Trembling , all her confidence just disappeared as she was now there, looking at the mansion  , and suho noticed it ." it might be better to forget about this crazy challenge " suho said in a last try to make her stop , but she shocked her head and Assured him saying that she'll be fine ,then she smiled and went throw the gate , waving until she disappeared among the bushes . looking around , she gulped hardly , spotting the main door to the place where park Chanyeol was last seen some years ago .