ch.2

the parallel world of mirrors

"What the hell am i doing ? " , that question kept repeating in her head while her trembling hand extended to reach the door handle . that moment felt like a year as she started recalling all those stories surrounding the place. both thrill and fear filled her and she just stood there for a second , not sure whether she had to go back or just enter. She took a step back and sat hugging her knees and resting her back on the door . she looked around her once again . the place looks so nice and inviting , the garden was tended and everything looked just normal . nothing indicated that the place was abandoned along while ago .

when a chilly night breeze made her shiver she stood up again while sighing and held the door handle , still afraid to go inside , she heard a slight movement in the bushes close to her and turned her head to its direction " hello ! " . there was no answer but she couldn't ignore the feeling that formed out of it. it was as if someone was watching her . so she , choking her backbag straps , went into the bush checking it but there was nothing .

a scared shiver ran throw her vines when she felt something touching her shoulder and tracing down her arm then grabbing her wrist at the same time she could feel a warm breath against her ear but when she turned around there was still nothing in sight .

"staying out is just making me imagine things. " she whinnied . "I'd better go inside! " .

with that she headed back to the main door , still feeling uneasy and sensing a set of eyes following her . she shrugged it off and entered the mansion slowly . her head peeping through the door and her hand looking for the light button . surprisingly the house was supplied with electricity . she took a quick glance at the hall and  was stunned by the scene in front of her , she didn't feel herself walking through the door and closing it behind her slowly . the mansion from the inside was the fanciest place she have ever been to . a place like the ones she saw in movies or read about in fictional stories . a great hall with a huge spiral staircase on both sides . wooden furniture arranged nicely through it , kind of modern but cozy . there was no dust , everything is perfectly tidy and clean . all in it's perfect place . "the hall alone is the size of her whole house !" she thought .

she walked around the hall then sat on one of the couches with her backbag next to her . she looked at her phone to see the time , " it's still 9 pm " she sighed . " i have to find something to pass time with " . the idea of exploring around scared her so she decided to stay in the hall and maybe she'll explore the place in the morning . another idea hit her , how the place looks like it's still inhabited ? , someone cleans it up and pays the bills . even the garden was nicely tended , but as far she knew this place was abandoned for a couple of years and no one dared to enter it . her head drew a hundred scenario on how is this place still looks like this but she couldn't figure it out since all her ideas sounded irrational .

her eyelids were growing heavier each second and she was dying to get some sleep but she just couldn't . this place with every detail of it scared her so much , how can she sleep when she doesn't know who or what was exactly in this house? if there was anything at all . she just fought it as much as she could but before she knew it she was fast asleep .

when she woke up the next day she found herself sleeping on the floor , hugging her bag . she chuckled at herself and got up stretching while sighing in relief . " well that wasn't half bad , I just won the bet ! "

" really? " an unfamiliar voice whispered in her ear and made her shiver so she turned around but there was no one . looking to the front again her eyes widened . she saw a brown haired guy standing by the door . she looked at him closer examining him . his ankles and wrists were chained to the wall , head down and his hair covering his eyes . fear was written all over her face at this sight "hello.. " , she  tried to talk to him . but he didn't answer or even move a muscle . the atmosphere in the hall was getting darker and gloomier , lights were getting dimmer by the second , walls are now in a light shade of red , full of holes and cracks , the doors disappeared and all she could see was the guy's smirk ,"w-who are you ? " she stuttered but there was no answer and she felt a sudden wave of heat behind her ,  she ignored it and focused only on the guy in front of her though. "what the hell is going on? " she exclaimed in worrisome, but she only received silence as an answer . that silence made her more anxious along with the wave of heat which seemed to surround her , it was getting too hot that she started feeling the sweat droops forming on her forehead . she sensed something walking towards her slowly , getting closer little by little , it was too close now , but she dared not to turn and look at it . all that happened in less a minute , a minute that felt like hours .

her anxious train of thoughts was cut when she got grabbed and turned around violently to find a set of devilish crimson eyes staring directly at her eyes . and she screamed with all her might !

a heavy gasp escaped her as that scream woke her up .she was panting heavily. her heart pounding and she was covered with cold sweat . she looked around to find everything is still in its place and she was still laying on the couch . nothing has happened at all . " it was just a nightmare .. " she whispered trying to calm herself down . this was the most terrifying nightmare she have ever had . she took her water bottle out of the bag and gulped water furiously then closed her eyes and sighed . images still flashing into her head . it felt so real ! remembering those devilish eyes gave her Goose bumps and she couldn't help the feeling that something was with her in the room . she took her phone to see the time again to find it was midnight already .

her body clinched when she heard slow footsteps coming towards her . looking into its direction . a scream was all one could hear and everything became black .

the next morning ...

" sunjung wake up ! " a familiar voice was calling her . she opened her eyes to find suho's worried face in front of hers . " where am i ? " she asked . suho sighed and answered her , " in my room.. " .