4. Culinary Partners

Wu Yifan Is Not My Style
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The introductory class of Culinary Arts was beyond spectacular. The teacher, Mrs. Park was so chill with everything and she cooked for us superb dishes.

"I know the school year just started," She began while shushing the students "But unfortunately you guys are going to have a big project." The students stopped talking and groaned.

"But Mrs. Park!" one kid whined childishly. She rolled her eyes and grabbed a stack of papers on her desk.

"I will assign you in groups of three and the three of you are going to make cupcakes. Each group will have a different type." She passed the papers and pushed her glasses up. "The project is for the three of you to collaborate and try to make the tastiest cupcakes. The judge will be myself as well as the students when you guys make one for everyone. I expect each trio to come back with 28 cupcakes and you have this week to do it. The pairings are:" She cleared and read from the seating charts.

"Youngjae, Hyesu and Jongkuk"

​"Jaehyun, Minho, and Daeho"

​"Kris, Eunmi, and Luhan." My eyes widened and my heart started beating quickly. Me and Luhan?! I clapped my hands together and sighed dreamily. I can't wait to work with Luhan!! Luhan who was across the room caught me staring at him and formed a heart on the top of his head with his hands. My face flushed as I quickly returned the gesture and jumped in shock once I saw Kris- who was sitting next to him, smirk. That brat just had to ruin everything.

--

"Eunmi!" I heard someone call my name. I turned around and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and smiled.

"H-hi Luhan."

"So do you know how to make strawberry flavored cupcakes?" I shook my head in embarrassment. Luhan chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"It's okay, we have the recipe Mrs. Park gave us." He beamed. "And where do you want to meet?"

"How about my house? Kris lives across from me." I suggested, my eyebrow twitching at the thought of working with him.

"Great! I'll drop by in the afternoon tomorrow once my shift ends and we can start working. How's that?" He asked.

"Perfect!" I said a little too excitedly. Luhan chuckled and ruffled my hair again.

"Awesome. I'll see you then, kiddo."  I watched Luhan walk away while pushing through the crowd of students.

"Hey loser" Someone called. I gritted my teeth and turned around. Of course, it was Kris who called out my name.
 

"Hah. You turned when I called you a loser. You must classify yourself as one if you knew I was referring to you." I rolled my eyes and took a step closer to him.

"Oh really? Is that why you tried to make a move on me last- hmmpf." My words were muffled as Kris widened his eyes and shook his head, telling me not to mention anything. My eyes turned into slits as I turned around and looked at the direction his eyes were at.

"Hey guys!" Hayoung beamed waving her free hand at us. Chen kissed her cheek and smiled.

"Why are you guys so red?" He asked, stopping in his tracks.

"Oh Kris tried to-"

"Nothing!" Kris interrupted, nudging my waist. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Anyway, are you guys ready to go home?"

"Yup!"

"No." Hayoung replied. "Not after we go get some bubble tea." She winked at me and I groaned.

"Babe we just got bubble tea yesterday."

"Yeah but Eunmi wants to see Lulu work."

"Hayoung!" I pouted while stomping my feet. "I don't want to!" Chen chuckled and shook his head.

"Girls girls girls." He tsked. Kris scoffed and tucked his hands in his pockets.

"What?" I barked.

"Nothing. But I'm just curious, what do you see in that pretty boy?"

"You just said it." I smirked. He's pretty."

"Yeah but you use the word pretty to describe girls."

"Are you jealous?" Hayoung joked. Kris scoffed again and rolled his eyes.

"What? No." He answered cooly.

"Whatever guys lets go get some bubble tea. All of this talk is making me thirsty!"

"CHENN!" I pouted. He chuckled and ran while I chased after him. After a couple of minutes we arrived at Fantastic Boba, which might I add, the name does not sound pleasing at all.

"Hi welcome to Fantastic Boba, how may I help you?" Luhan cheerily greeted. My face flushed as Chen released Hayoungs hand and walked over to the counter.

"Hey my man!" He high fived Luhan and gestured us to come over. "So I'll get the strawberry smoothie and Hayoung will just get a cup of water because she's on a diet."

"Hey!" Hayoung pouted. Chen chuckled and kissed her temple. "babe you know I'm joking! You're perfect." He eyed her from head to toe and smirked. Hayoung's ears turned red. "But seriously Hayoung will take honeydew since I know that is her favorite flavor." 

"Aww babe you know my favorite flavor?" She beamed.

"Of course I do!"

"Gahh can you guys just freaking order and stop eye ing?" Kris complained. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter