2.My Annoying Neighbor

Wu Yifan Is Not My Style
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How was your first day of school, honey?" My mom asked right when I walked inside. I took off my shoes and blew a raspberry. 

"Mom I'm not in the mood to talk about it."

"Okay, but invite Chen over for dinner! I haven't seen him ever since he left for that summer program." I walked into the kitchen and gathered my hair in a ponytail and let it go.

"Yeah, and guess what? That little brat got a girlfriend. He's dating Hayoung."

"Really! She's almost as tall as him."

"Right!" I made a face and my mother laughed.

"Well they're cute together!" I rolled my eyes and walked upstairs.

"Bye mother."

"Bye honey! And make sure you invite Chen over for dinner tonight!" I walked into my room and opened the curtains. I lifted up the window and saw that Chen's window was closed. 

"YAH! CHEN!" I screamed. No reply.

"CHEN!" Again, no reply. I cupped my hand near my mouth and screamed as loud as I could.

"CHEEEEENNNN!!!!" I saw a figure walking towards the room and I had a mortified look on my face. Kris was shirtless and he was smirking.

"My name's not Chen!" I covered my eyes and screamed back.

"Idiot! Obviously I wasn't calling for you. Where is Chen? And put on a shirt!" I heard Kris grunt before I heard a loud thump on my rooftop. I gasped and uncovered my eyes as Kris climbed into my room as if it was normal.

"Kris!" I yelled closing my eyes again. "Put on a shirt!" 

"Oh, is that what you said? Sorry I couldn't hear you." I didn't have to look to realize that Kris was smirking. I scoffed and walked over to my parents room and came back with a shirt of my dad's and threw it at him.

"Here. I don't want you to ruin your pride by your pathetic muscles." Kris rolled his eyes but slipped on the shirt anyway.

"Chen's with his girlfriend right now. They're on a date."

"Oh okay. That's all I needed to know. You can leave now." Kris ignored me and shoved past me. He sniffed around and smiled.

"What is your mom cooking? It smells good!" He exclaimed. I pushed him towards the window and answered his question.

"I'm having spaghetti for dinner and you're not invited." I heard footsteps coming closer to my room.

"Honey who are you talking to.. oh! Yifan!" My mother exclaimed. She took off her oven mitts and embraced him. I scoffed and crossed my arms over my chest. Darn it mom, why do you have to be so friendly?

"Annyeongaseo omonim!" He bowed, his personality completely changing.

"I was just telling Eunmi to invite Chen over for dinner but since you're here why don't you join us?" My jaw dropped.

"Omma!" I hissed.

"If you insist." Kris smiled. I stomped my foot on the floor and my mom glared at me.

"Be nice. We have a guest." I shook my head and followed the two downstairs. This is so not fair! I just saw him all day in school and now I have to see him during dinner?! Kris glanced at me and smirked. I crinkled my nose and walked over to the kitchen to help mom set up dinner while Kris was watching tv like the lazy he is. I slammed the forks on the table and sauntered over to Kris.

"Dinner's done. Come eat." He got up and stretched.

"Man that took you forever!" He complained. I lightly kicked his shin and walked over to the dinner table. 

 

Dinner was awkward. We didn't talk much and ended up eating our food in silence. My dad was still working so it was just the three of us. Once we finished, Kris helped my mom wash the dishes while it was my turn to watch TV. 

"Omma, thank you for inviting me over to dinner." Kris politely bowed. I got up and opened the front door for him. 

"You can leave now." Kris walked over and slammed the door shut. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me upstairs as if I was a rag doll. Once

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter