8. Homecoming Preparations

Wu Yifan Is Not My Style
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that whole math tutoring session, Kris and I somehow grew closer and I didn't seem to be that bothered by his presence. Kris would act all cold and emotionless when he was around other people, but around me he smiled a lot and also cracked a lot of jokes. He didn't show anyone this adorable side to him except to me, which I didn't mind at all. Luhan and I would always flirt with each other at lunch and text once in awhile and I would buy smoothies at his shop just to visit him. Other than that, things didn't seem to advance between the two of us. He was more of the shy type.

"Who are you asking to homecoming?" I asked Kris once he settled next to me with a bowl of popcorn in his lap. He choked on one of the kernels and I handed him water to wash it down.

"You'll see." Was all he answered.

"Kris-ah!" I whined. "You have to ask her soon~~~~ Homecoming is next week. If I were that girl I'd be pissed I got asked so last minute."

"I'm not asking anyone." he replied.

"Bwoh!? Jeongmal!? It's your senior year!" I continued nagging. "Kris-ah tell me who!" I shook his shoulders.

"I'm telling you I'm not going to ask anyone. To be honest the girl I wanted to ask got asked before I could even tell her I wanted to go with her." He looked at me as if there was meaning in his eyes.

"Do I know her?" Silence.

"Oh my gosh." I breathed out. Kris looked at me with serious eyes.

"You wanted to ask Chen's girlfriend!" I accused, pointing my finger at him.

"YAH! Where would you get an idea like that?" He huffed, shoving a handful of popcorn in his mouth.

"Kris you have to ask someone. You just have to!!" I nagged once more.

"Fine." He gave in. "I'll ask whoever I lay my eyes on tomorrow at school." I gave him two thumbs up and he poked my forehead.

"Ah waee!?" I whined. He shook his head and dodged my glare.

"Let's just watch the movie."

--

The weekend before homecoming, Hayoung and I went dress shopping. Since Hayoung and Chen decided to dress up as Minnie Mouse, she had to find a dress to match the colors as well as get ears and makeup. Luhan and I decided to go as Peter Pan and Wendy. Cute right?! I was fangirling mentally as we were digging through a pile of clothes.

"So you and Luhan oppa huh?!" Hayoung nudged me. I rolled my eyes but pink stained my cheeks. "Will Kris get jealous?" She added in. I pushed her shoulder and glared at her. In

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter