Chapter VIII

The Girl That Never Lived

Chapter 8 : Off to Neverland

 I was thankful for the new set of clothes Jin bought; I've never really gotten anything new since the last time I can even remember. I felt... pretty. 

Jin explained to me what a "class" was while we exited his apartment. It was interesting to hear. Just like everything that had been introduced to me since I met Jin, it caught me by surprise. 

I walked behind Jin while he pushed his bike out and sat on the seat. "Well.. are you coming or not?" I tilted my head at it. Where was I suppose to sit? He turned his head to face me with his hands on the handles of his bike. "Don't tell me you've never been on bike." He groaned and rolled his eyes, struggling to demonstrate how I should sit on the bench end of the bike without the bike falling over. "A-Alright. I think I got it." I chuckled nervously and flattened the back end of my dress before sitting sideways on the bench. Once I got comfortable, I gripped the ends of the seat. "This seems dangerous." He turned his head to check up on me again and let out a chuckle. "Yah, that's why you put your arms around me, like this." He balanaced the bike in between his legs and took both my hands, wrapping them around his stomach. It felt... weird. This was the first time ever touching a male like this. 

While he biked to his school it really gave me some time to look at the city that I was hidden away from. So many things were unfamilar and I felt like I'd be even more annoying if I had asked Jin to fill in my wonders. 

Once we got to the school I was quite emazed. The building looked like an enlarged version of Jin's apartment! But there were... 6 other just like it. I followed him to the empty bike rack and looked at all the other vehicles. "Why do you have a bike and everyone else has a ... car?" I hesistated for a moment to think of the word of the colored vehicles with wheels. Apparently, I got it right. 

He bent down to attach some kind of rope to it and sighed. "I can't afford it. But it saves money on gas and repairs so whatever." He threw his bag over his shoulder and took a grip on my wrist softly. "I'll just inform my professors that you're... my foreign cousin." Leading me to his first class, many eyes were glued onto me; I could feel them whispering words I'd never even heard of.

We finally reached the classroom and sat down at an empty paired desk in the back corner. "This'll keep you out of getting so much attention. Some guys here might actually think you're hot." He laughed, which kind of queued me to laugh even though I didn't understand what he said. I sat quietly with my hands in my lap while I watched him make his way down to his professors desk and back up to our table. "Alright, you're good for the rest of the day. The whole week, even." He started pulling out a bunch of thick books and notebooks along with writing utensils. "Woahh.." I stared at them as if they were items of gold. 

"You can't be serious." He watched me admire the "typical" materials he had layed out and sighed. "Were you living in the basement or something?" Digging into his bag, he pulled out another notebook and pencil. "Here. Knock yourself out. Write or draw whatever you'd like while class is going on." Write or draw? Nurse Chohee attempted to teach me but she was demanded not to, which was weird. Reading and imagining was all I could do. 

I took the pencil in my hand and decided to use the technique of using chopsticks to hold the pencil. I didn't know what to do with it first... It was the first time I had ever touched a pencil. I guess Jin noticed how long it was taking me to actually use the pencil and assisted me in figuring it out. "First, right with your right hand." He placed his hand over my right hand then touched the other hand. "If it's not comfortable, try it on your left hand." I did as told and found it extremely difficult to hold the pencil sturdy to draw a simple scribble. I switched hands and did the same. It was easier the second time, but it could be that this was literally my first time ever. 

Class had started and other students that looked my age and Jin's age started piling in. I felt sort of... afraid. I hadn't been so close to these many people since the day I left Nurse Chohee and the building. It only reminded me of the scary event. I shook the thought away and went back to drawing random scribbles on the notebook. 

While the professor talked I curiously watched Jin scibble down notes into his notebook at the same speed the professor was talking. It was kind of funny and interesting to watch. Everything the professer said was a complete blur to me. But just for my own practice I copied down the random words he wrote on the board onto my paper. These were probably the hangul characters Nurse Chohee had tried to teach me back when I was still a kid. 

The bell rang for the ending of class which made the memory even worse; it reminded me of the alarm that went off throughout the whole building. But, I didn't make it a big deal and followed Jin out of the class with the notebook and pencil in my hand. Suddenly, I was pulled back with a pair of soft, big hands. I stopped and turned my head; it was someone other than Jin. It was man, but he was taller than Jin and had black, shorter hair. "Hey there, cutie." I blinked and stared up at him at the word "cutie." Where have I heard that? Then, another hand had grabbed my other arm. It was Jin's; I suddenly felt more safe and yanked my arm out of the other man's grip. "Dude, chill. Is she your girlfriend?" "Cousin." With that, he pulled me to his next class.

"How many of these classes do you usually have?" Before answering, he lead me to our new pair of seats. "Today, 3. It changes every few days. After this class I have my major class with is photography. But I'm thinking about skipping since I haven't even started my project yet." I looked at him with the same face I've given him since the first time I met him. "Photography. Taking pictures with a camera." Out of his bag he pulled out this huge machine and demonstrated what it did. "For my project I have to explain what photography means to me." That part I understood. "Oh... Don't skip! You'll need your professors help." For once, I sounded somewhat sane.

The class suddenly got quiet and the professor started his class.

-

Next was photography. We were the first ones to go in and take our seats. "Well, this is a first." The professor had said once we entered the room. "You're never here early, Mr. Jin." He chuckled and took a look at me. "Miss, I don't think you're on my list for this class." I gulped and looked at Jin. "It's okay, she's my cousin and I got permission."

Slowly, Jin leaned into my ear and whispered. "The kids that are going to be coming in are really bad so try not to talk to them, okay? They're worst than the kids in the other classes." I nodded and did as told. I looked to the front of the classroom, excluding the view of all the other students walking in, though I really wanted to look to further my thoughts on other people. Again, the whispers of other people. I just... knew they were talking about me.

Being completely obvious, another man had taken the desk on the other side of me. Jin didn't seem to noticed from being mesmerized with the pictures he was going through on his camera. "Hey, so I heard you're Jin's cousin?" Jin turned and looked sat the guy on the other end. "Dude, piss off." "Woah, I was just trying to talk to your cousin. Where is she from anyway? She's paler than any other girl I know." "None of your business." Class then started between the conversation. 

-

Photography was... different. It was a surprise that Jin was into this kind of stuff. 

We walked back out to the bike racks when Jin suddenly gasped. "Oh man! I forgot my camera in the room. Stay here, alright? If anyone comes to harass you, just ... say you only speak English or something." "E-English?!" He left before I could even ask for his help on what English was. I stood by his bike, nervously scoping out the area for anyone who looked like they were going to come after me. I looked down at my dress and shoes knowing that this new change of clothing was the target of attraction. The way of getting men these days it really different and ... shallow. I remember when Nurse Chohee would read me the fairy tales of princesses and they were always on finding true love. Did that even exist? 

From behind me I felt a light tap on my shoulder. What was I suppose to do? I'm basically hopeless! Slowly, I turned around and noticed it was a more... nicer and cuter looking man. He looked like Jin from the back and sides, but he definitely looked slightly more cuter than Jin when standing face to face. "So.. Rumor has it you're Jin's cousin and you'll be here for the rest of the week?" I nodded and kept quiet. "Oh, cool. I'm one of Jin's really good friends so if you'd like to hang out sometime, let Jin know!" I nodded and continued to not speak a word. "Where did he even go?" Quietly I mumbled, "He went up to the room to get his camera." The mysterious man curiously walked around me and the bike racks. "Ohhh. He wouldn't mind if I borrowed you for a little bit, right? I could help you make some friends." Friends always sounded good in books. Like how Kerropi and Hello Kitty were friends. The idea sounded great, but coming from his scary image, I was afraid. Besides, Jin asked me stay and wait for him. 

"Cmon. It'll be fun, trust me. I'll leave Jin a voicemail." Maybe this would give me a chance to go on my own and I wouldn't need Jin to pity me. "Alright, I'll go." I smiled and followed him to his car. It was black and looked nicer than the other cars. I stepped in and let his pull the rope against my chest, closing the door afterwards. I never knew cars needed safety also, but this source of safety was off and I didn't trust it very much. 

The man took the seat in front of the wheel and reeled down the windows, letting the breeze in. Off in a distance, I spotted Jin and yelled loudly enough for him to hear. "I'll be back!" 

-

I quickly ran inside to get my camera which took longer than I thought since my photography class was on the other side of the school. I managed to get it without any obstacles blocking me but I guess it was too late anyway. I didn't even see her near the bike racks and I assumed someone had picked her up and she was stupid enough to believe them. Or, she went "home." Once I got closer to the bike racks I immediately spotted her in someone's car. But not just anyone's car. His car. 


 

8th Chapter! :D

What'd ya thiiiink? :D Let me know in the comments! 

Read on or NAH?

Upvote, Share and SUBSCRIBE. 

PikaChugaChu3 is signing off! ^^

P.S. Sorry for not updating lately. D: I will be updating more often!