Chapter VII

The Girl That Never Lived

Chapter 7 : Lesson 1

Class started later in the afternoon today, but I decided to get up early anway to pick up some breakfast. I wonder what she liked to eat and whether she was allergic to anything. Slowly, I creeped to the door of my bedroom and peeped in to check if she was still sleeping. She lied there, curled up in a ball to her side, sleeping quietly. I then shut the door and washed up in the bathroom, taking the handles of my bike and pushed it outside to the sidewalk. Quickly, I biked to the nearest cafe and ordered 2 decafed coffees with bacon and waffles in a small container. I hooked it onto the back seat of my bike and biked home slowly. 

By the time I got back, she was already up. She was in the living room, staring directly out the window. I set the food on the table and cleared my throat to get her attention. "You hungry?" She turned her head to me then down at the food. She seemed hesitant. I pulled out 2 plates from the cabinet and placed the waffles on each, evening out the bacon onto the plates. "I didn't know what to get, so I just got waffles and bacon. And I hope you take your coffee decaf!" She walked over to the table and scratched her head confusingly as she looked down at the plate of breakfast. "Um.. where's your bowl?" I blinked at her a few times. "Oh... if you wanted to eat your breakfast in a bowl, you could've said so." I reached out for a bowl our of the dishwasher and put the waffles and bacon in a bowl, sliding it over to her. "Eat up!" She shook her head and bit her lower lip. "No, no. I mean where's your bowl to pee in?" Woah, woah WHAT?! What kind of nut house had this kind of treatment?! "B-Bwoh? There will be no bowl peeing in my apartment!" I grabbed her elbow and pulled her to the bathroom. "That, is a toilet. You pee and poop in there. And since you're a girl, you use toilet paper which is right there." I basically gave her a tour of my bathroom and clearly explained what each of them were meant for. 

"You don't need to ask to use the bathroom, you know. You're going to be here until I get back after school which is around 5, then I'll send you back home. Got it?" She nodded and gripped the hem of her pants. "WOAH THERE. Wait til I leave!" I turned around and ran out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. Before I returned to the kitchen, I yelled through the door so she could hear, "Wash your hands when you're done!" Then, I let her do her business. 

I was starving! So, I ate first, smothering the syrup over my waffles and cutting it into pieces. I lifted my head from my plate when she slowly appeared from the hallway. "Did you wash your hands," I asked with my mouth half full of waffles. She nodded obediently and sat in front of her plate. At least she knew how to do something on her own. 

After finishing our breakfast I brought both our plates to the sink and left it there to wash later. I took a sip of my coffee and noticed she hadn't laid a finger on her cup. "Do you... not like coffee?" She took the cup in her and stared at it like it was a new spieces of some sort. "Why don't you try it? It's not anything too bad, I promise. But careful, it's hot." I took a sip of my coffee again while watching her slowly lift the cup to her lips, her upper lip the hole of the cap. She tilted it slightly until the coffee reached her lips and let it slide it's way through her lips. "It is hot... Like bath water," she chuckled and her lips. "But I like it. It's very good!" She took a gulp the second time, not alarmed by how hot it was, which was odd. 

Right around noon was when I decided to get down to business. I sat her down on the couch and scrolled through the homes for people with special needs. I showed her several pictures of the outside of those homes to see if she would recognize the building, but she shook her head towards each one. "Nurse Chohee told me never to come back. Other than that, I never knew what it looked like on the inside and out." This was odd. I shut off my phone after looking through every nut house around town. I looked at her and sighed. "Yun," I was surprised she responded to the name I had given her, "Why were you laying on that bench in the park?" "I was tired. It seemed like I had ran for days and the cut on my knee started to hurt." I became alarmed once she had mentioned the cut on her knee and immediately ran for the first aid kit. "Why didn't you say anything before?" I took her foot and layed it on my thigh, slowly pushing the end of her pants up to her thigh without having it touch her knee. It was worse than I thought. I had imagined a cut like what kids get when they fall on the ground. 

"This is going to hurt, so bare with it." "Please. Nothing can hurt more than when I actually fell and got this." I took a cotton ball and soaked it in alcohol, dabbing it on the cut. She flinched and winced. "Ahh!" I laughed a bit, "Told you it was going to hurt." 

When I finished cleaning off all the bacteria and germs, I bandaged it up and let her know it would heal in no time. I had her stand up to see if she could still stand and walk with the bandage around her knee and she could. Once she left to go sit on the couch, I noticed a smear of blood on the chair she sat on and, don't call me a , I checked her lower area of her body to see where it could've came from. Oh no. It was that  time of month. Did she even know how to take care of herself?! "Yah! Don't you know when to change that thing?!" She turned around and tilted her head confusingly; the kind of expression I'd already gotten used to. "Your ... period blood is seeping through your pants!" I closed my eyes and let out a long sigh. "O-Omo! I-I'm sorry! Nurse Chohee usually comes hourly to change it..." She bit her lip and I could see the tears her eyes. She was literally like a child that needed to be changed and told what to do 24/7. 

"I'm only going to do this for you this once! Got it?! While I'm gone, clean this chair, throw your clothes in the wash and please go take a shower. You should be able to do that right?" I got up, grabbing my bike and steering it out the door in a flash. Only once was I ever going to buy pads for anyone. If I had a girlfriend and she needed pads pronto, I'd come up with some intelligent lie. You don't know the embarassment of even having to buy a new pack of boxers! Now pads? Oh boy. 

I stopped at a small market on a corner of a street and parked my park on the side. I walked inside and went over to the women's section, searching for small packets of pads. Honestly, I don't know women can go out and buy pads, having to choose from so many! I did a game of "eenie meenie miney moe" and chose a pack of "Medium days", whatever that meant. I brought it up to the cash register and tried to play it cool. The ahjumma that was behind the cash register gave me a weird look, as expected, and said, "Awh, what a lovely boyfriend! Going out to buy his woman her needs." She then handed me the bag of the pads after I had paid for them with a smile. Weird. 

While I was around town, I decided to pick out an outfit for her since the clothes she was wearing was probably dirty from her little accident. I really didn't know what girls liked, but I was assumed she was the type to wear those... knee high dresses and leggings, so I got her those with a pair of flats that looked nice with the dress. And I didn't forget underwear. That's what girls were into right now, right? Oh well. She'd probably be surprised to see this the same way she looked at the rice like she had seen it for the first time. I got it bagged and held onto it while riding back to my apartment. 

I slowly crept into my apartment, hoping I wouldn't find a Yun lounging on the couch. Luckily, I didn't. The bathroom door was open and the light inside was on. "Yun?" I called out while slowly walking towards the bathroom. "Helllo?" I heard a bit of shuffling coming from the bathroom and instantly stopped. "I-I'm just getting the towel," Yun called out. I waited for awhile until she announced it was fine for me to come in. I was impresssed, actually. She did something on her own! I looked down at the bag of pads in my hand and handed it to her. "I'm sure you know what to do with these and when to change them. And since your clothes are in the wash, here." I handed her the branded bag and let her look inside while I walked to the small washer and dryer in one of the rooms to check the washer and started it up. Hopefully she knew how to dress herself. 

I walked back to the bathroom and knocked on the wall beside the door since the door was wide open. "Done?" "I think so..." "You have underwear on, right? The leggings and dress also?" "Then, yes." She let out a a light laugh. Her laugh was... kinda cute. It made me laugh. I came out from the side of the wall and took a good look at her from top to bottom. "Nice..." But what was really running through my mind was "she's actually cute and less scary/lunatic looking." I let her take a good look at herself. "Wow... I've never worn anything like this!" She spun around a few times, touching each part of the dress like it was egyptian cotton or something. 

For some reason... after talking with her for awhile and her change in appearance, she had quite a funny personality. I actually didn't want her to leave. Yeah, I wanted to help her find her way back home, but I also enjoyed the company. Maybe she wasn't even from a nut house afterall. 

The alarm on my phone went off; oh great, class. I couldn't leave he here by herself... who knows what she might do. "Hey... I have to go to class now. Would you like to come to look around?" She stared at me with that face again. "What is a 'class'"? Here we go again. 
 


 

Sixth Chapter! :D

What'd ya thiiiink? :D Let me know in the comments! 

Read on or NAH?

Upvote, Share and SUBSCRIBE. 

PikaChugaChu3 is signing off! ^^