Chapter VI

The Girl That Never Lived

Chapter 6 : You learn something new everyday

I dreamt I was floating on a cloud, floating away from all this madness. It was comfortable and warm, like the warmth you would get from the arms of a mother. It was a completely new kind of feeling; did clouds really feel like this? I shrugged and continued floating in my dream. Then the cloud suddenly crashed and my eyes fluttered open. I was in some kind of room, an extremely warm and soft cloth covering my body, chest to toes. A person was pacing the room, back and forth, mumbling things to himself. Thinking about it, this was the first time I'd ever seen... a boy. A man. A prince. Whatever it was, it only existed in books up until now. 

Suddenly he stopped his paces and gasped dramatically, staring at me in the eye. "Y-You're up!" He exclaimed and contiued talking rapidly. I could barely understand him. Instead, I stared at him blankly and didn't say a word. He bent down and grabbed me by my shoulders, shouting, now. "Yah! What's your name?!" I blinked and choked out the words out of my dry throat. "N-Name?" Thinking about it... I didn't even have a name. Nurse Chohee didn't call me by my name, she just talked to me and I knew she was talking to me only. 

"Well? I just let you come into my apartment. The least you can do is tell me your name." I let my eyes wander his room before looking back at him. "I... don't have a name." It felt so weird to talk to him. I had never spoken to anyone besides Nurse Chohee. "Bwoh?! You don't have a name? Who doesn't have a name?" He pulled back and ran his hands through his hair roughly. "Know what, I'm just going to call you Seon. It's what my mother wanted to name me before she found out I was a boy." He sat on the edge of the bed and held out his hand. "Name's Jin. And no, I'm not a or a drug dealer." I blinked and stared down at his hand. "You're... suppose to shake it." He moved his hand more towards me. "Why... would I shake your hand?" I squinted my eyes at him. "And what's a ? or a drug dealer?" I sat up and pressed my head against the wall. "How did you find me?" He pulled his hand back to his side and popped his head to the side. "Welp, you're definitely a weirdo from a nut house. Check!" 

I hugged the blanket up to my chest and watched as he walked in and out of the room like a maniac. "Alright, I'll make a deal with you. I'll try to help you find your 'home' or whatever you came from if you help with cleaning around here. Arasso?" Cleaning? It wasn't fair that he was demanding me to do things that I didn't even know how to do. But I nodded and agreed to the deal. "A-Alright." "Cool. Are you hungry? I've got spicy ramen, kimchi, ground beef, left over stir fry... Sound appetizing? I could probably whip something up if you're allergic to anything." I shot him a puzzled look. "E-Eh? Ramen? Kimchi?" "Are you not from this planet?! You look Korean and speak Korean but you are most definitely not Korean!" Roughly, he pulled me up from the bed by my arm and seated me at a table. Goldie Locks paced through the bears' home. There lied 3 bowls on the table: one big, one medium and one small. This was a table. I remembered it like I was still a kid, being read to by Nurse Chohee. 

I sat down and stared down at the material of the table. It was wood, just like my old bed. I watched as he set down many dishes out on the table. There were a TON. It looked like a week's worth of my meals all on one serving! My eyes wandered plate to plate, wondering if any of this really tasted that great. Right in front of me he placed a huge bowl of rice. Never before had I seen rice, in personal. It had no smell, but I was eager to taste it. With my fingers, I softly picked it up and felt it in between my fingers. It was definitely mushy and sticky; I stuck it in my mouth and used my teeth to slide it off my fingers. It had not much of a taste either! 

"Yah, pabo. You're suppose to eat something with your rice. Aish, are you a vegetarian or something? There's many things to eat here. Fish, kimchi, kimbap, egg drop soup, dried noodles and stir fry. Pig out for all I care." I looked down at all the foods he pointed out; for all I knew, he could be feeding me animal food. "Well...?" He hadn't start eating. Maybe he was waiting for me to eat something to see if I would die from falling for his plan. "Here." He picked at one of the dishes and set it on my bowl rice. "Fish tastes best when accompanied by rice." After he had placed the fish on rice he started eating, picking at almost everything. I searched for a spoon but couldn't find one. All my life I've only used a spoon. "What're you... looking for?" He slid over a pair of metal sticks. "They're right here." I slowly picked them both up with both of my hands. How the heck was I suppose to eat with these?! I held them tightly and pointed them towards the piece of fish. Slowly, I picked it up and failed immediately as I watched it fall. I went for my second attempt when he groaned and set his sticks down on the table. "Don't tell me you don't know how to use chopsticks either!" He rolled his eyes back and face palmed his forehead. "Aish... I don't have time for this." He took my bowl of rice from me and picked up the fish and some rice with his chopsticks skillfully and held it up to my lips. "Ahh, mogo." Slowly I opened my mouth and let him insert the fish and rice into my mouth. He pulled back and set it aside, going back to shoving a few pieces of food into his mouth. I closed my mouth and chewed, devouring the taste in my mouth. Maybe this food wasn't so deadly afterall. 

Once he had finished eating and feeding me, he gave me specific rules for the night. "Because you're a girl, I'm letting you sleep in my bed. I'll be sleeping on the couch. I have to leave for class first thing tomorow morning, so don't leave this room or open the door for anybody! I'm expecting answers tomorrow when I get back. Got it?! Bathroom's through that door." He pointed to a door that was across from the table and made sure everything was clear. He led me back to the odd room I woke up in and told me not to touch anything before saying goodnight and shutting the door of the room. I sighed and turned to my side; the position I felt most comfortable in. I closed my eyes and whispered quietly. "Goodnight, Jin-ssi." 

 


 

Sixth Chapter! :D

What'd ya thiiiink? :D Let me know in the comments! 

Read on or NAH?

Upvote, Share and SUBSCRIBE. 

PikaChugaChu3 is signing off! ^^

P.S. Sorry for not updating lately. D: I will be updating more often!