Chapter IV

The Girl That Never Lived

Chapter 4 : Freedom

I lied in bed, tracing the cracks in the walls with my finger. The thought of running away completely swept my mind. I knew that I wouldn't be the only one in trouble, it could mean death for Nurse Chohee.

I heard the wheels of the food cart make it's way down to my room. Nurse Chohee unlocked my door and brought in my lunch. I took it from her and stared down at it. "...Am I the only one here?" I looked up and watched as Nurse Chohee's eyes widened then fell. "Unfortunately, yes." I in my lower lip, taking the bread and ripping it into little pieces. "I've lost my appetite." I pushed the tray towards her, walking back to my bed and laying in the same position I have been in for the past 17 years. Not only was I alone in my room, but in this whole building. Nurse Chohee left and locked my door; I felt my chest squeeze and ache, my eyes with wetness. This pain, this desperation.

I hadnt noticed I fell asleep from until I woke up to the smell of something that immediately made me cover my mouth. The smell made me cough uncontrollably, nearly making me fall to the ground. I ran to the door, covering my mouth and nose while banging on the door. Loudly, I yelled, "Help! Help!!" Loud sirens were going off like crazy and I could hear people screaming and running past my door. Finally, someone had unlocked my door and pulled me out. It was Nurse Chohee. "There's been a fire!" I didn't know what this "fire" was but it sounded deadly! I looked around at the different figures; those of fair skin, black or brown hair, hair on their chins and lips or a pair of skin that stuck from their chest. There was so much waiting for me. I wondered how I looked like to others.

Nurse Chohee took my hand, leading me out a different exit that everyone was going to. She grasped me in her arms, holding me tightly. Softly she whispered into my ear. "Go, run. This is your chance to escape. I'll say you died in your room." She let me go and pressed her lips on my forehead. There was only one thing to do; run. I turned my back to her, running wherever.

I ran down this hard surface; it was wet and felt like the walls of my room on my feet. I ran as fast as I could, not looking back, not even once. Suddenly, I fell to the ground from a sharp pain in my foot. My knee and foot were leaking of a color that came from between my legs. I took my finger and softly touched it, wincing in pain. I figured I was as far as I could get and started walking, trying not to put too much pressure on the wounded leg and foot.

I looked up and caught a glimpse of the sun peering from behind some clouds. I remember when Nurse Chohee read me those picture books when I was little and showed me pictures of the sky. It was definitely more magnificent to see with my own eyes.

I hugged myself, looking around at my surroundings. All I saw were tall brown things with green objects sprouting out from them, and green floors, which were odd to look at. And a bunch of things that were unfamiliar to me and the books I've looked at.

My eyes widened as I spotted something that looked just like my bed. I rushed over to it, sitting on it immediately. The only difference was that it sprouted from the ground and had a side rest attached to it; it was better than pressing my back against a cold wall. I sat there, hugging my knees up against my chest. What now?


Fourth Chapter! :D

What'd ya thiiiink? :D Let me know in the comments! 

Read on or NAH?

Upvote, Share and SUBSCRIBE. 

PikaChugaChu3 is signing off! ^^

P.S. Sorry for the late update. ;-; I'll be updating more often! Also, what do you guys think of the poster? ^^