Chapter II

The Girl That Never Lived

Chapter 2 : Escape Plan 

 

"What did you just say?" I could feel her eyes piercing through the back of my skull. I didn't dare to repeat myself. "Did you just question why you're here? You should be grateful you're still alive." I was expecting for her actions to be rough and fierce because of the simple question I asked, but she wasn't. She was actually... softer. 

After washing me, she spoke. "It's... hard for me to say. For the 17 years I've nursed you, I still don't know the reason myself. I just work for the master of this building and get paid to do so. I'm sorry I can't answer that question for you." I stood there, shivering with the towel wrapped around my shoulders. "Then... can you answer this? Why did you suddenly stop conversing with me that day? You looked like you had just returned from a sad place." She sighed while trying to put me into my new pair of clothes. "I was threatened. By the Master. I was not to care for you as my own like I had done but to treat you like a regular patient. It was difficult since you were my first patient I had cared for since an infant. But... I needed this job. So, I did what I had to do." 

So, that's why. At least that answered one of my questions. I suddenly felt warmer and closer to her knowing the real reason behind why she had stopped talking to me. She brought me to my room and told me to make sure I didn't tell anyone what had happened in the bathing room; not like there was anyone to tell. I was too afraid to talk to anyone. Besides, who else was there? Once in awhile I'll hear men talking down the hall, but not like they'd care if I had anything to say. I did as told and waited for her to come back with my breakfast.

She returned to my room, slidding the tray over to me. Next to the bowl of soap there was an oddly shapped small piece of something right next to it. I lifted it, feeling it and smelling it. It felt hard and the smell was something I had never smelt before. It smelt... good. Nurse Chohee let out a quiet chuckle. "It's chocolate." The word "chocolate" repeated itself in my head. Soon enough, I remembered it. "Chocolate..." I whispered as I took it out of my wrapping. I tossed the wrapping and looked more closely at the chocolate. "What is this?" "It's a treat. Something sweet. It's called candy. Chocolate's brown and the shape it's in in your hands is a square. Try it before it melts in your hands!" I nodded and shoved the whole thing in my mouth. Oh boy, I wish I hadn't done that. If I had the chance to redo this moment, I would've eaten a small piece of the chocolate and saved the rest in the wrapper.

The flavor was so new and mouth watering. It melted into my mouth, slowly desolving and being swalloed. It was creamy and "sweet." This new flavor I was exposed to, I loved it more than life. I wasn't about to get greedy just because of some new thing I've tasted, but Nurse Chohee said she'd bring me some more some other day. She then left. 

I finished my breakfast; water first. The taste of the chocolate was definitely good, but it made me thirsty. Soup and bread was last. I pushed the tray to the door, using my sense of memorization to find my way to my bed in the dark. I climbed onto it and layed on it, covering myself with the upgraded blanket. 

It was probably stupid, but all day... I thought of a way to escape. It was completely out of what I usually think about. It felt scary to think about running out of this room. What would happened? Maybe being in this room was a good thing. Maybe they were protecting me from the outside. For all I know, the sun I had never seen could burn me alive, however that felt. Instead, I closed my eyes and took a nap, washing away the scary thoughts. 

Suddenly, I opened my eyes. There were two men outside my door, talking about something unfamilar. I knew there were two of them by the tone of their voices. The things they were talking about made me wonder. What did pain feel like? What did it feel like to get burned, to be happy, sad, angry. All these thoughts made me have to pee. I crawled off my bed, reaching under my bed for my bucket. I squated as low as I could, peeing into the bucket. I reached for the toilet paper, wiping off the pee. It wasn't the only thing that came out though. 

Nurse Chohee walked in with my lunch; just in time. "Nurse Chohee, it's that time again. I'm bleeding." Nurse Chohee dug into her pockets, handing me this weird looking stick tube thingy she always gave me around this time. They usually helped; I just needed to switch it from time to time. I took it and immediately injected it into myself. I thanked her and took my meal. That's when it hit me. 

Once I finished my meal, I pile the tray onto the breakfast tray and hopped back onto my bed. My plan to escape was final. I would have another bleeding accident but I'd purposely get it everywhere after bathing in the morning, so Nurse Chohee will have to give me anouther bath. Then, Nurse Chohee will leave me alone in the bath room by myself while she fetched for another pair of clothes for me. That's when I'd make my move. The only problem was... I had no idea where to go. From the 17 years I'd been here, I had just seen the hallway to the bathing room for the first time. This was going to be tough. 


Second Chapter! :D

What'd ya thiiiink? :D Let me know in the comments! 

Read on or NAH?

Upvote, Share and SUBSCRIBE. 

PikaChugaChu3 is signing off! ^^

P.S. The person I had requested for a poster is actually taking a really long time. Does anyone know any reliable shops or is there anyone that would be willing to submit a poster for me to see?