09

Tangled Faiths

(SONG REQUEST: LIKE A FIRE BY SHINee)

The car jolted to a harsh stop, almost causing me to topple forward. He was speeding to avert from the heavy traffic due to the rain slicking the streets, I couldn't blame him for slamming the breaks. Just like every moment, I patiently waited for him to open the passenger door, fighting the urge to just step out on my own. I didn't want to intrigue him anymore today, for some reason something was off about his behavior. 

"Why do you need to do that?" I inquired, confused at his sudden frustration. I decided I was going to step out the car once it stopped, disregarding the fact he was going to fetch for me. I was capable of opening a door for myself. 
"Because it means that we're together," he ruffled his hair. "I want to help you." 
My cheeks were generating heat hotter than the sun, I hope it wasn't noticeable. It was embarrassing that I didn't allow him a chance to be kind, I didn't want him to have the thought that I didn't want him to be a gentleman towards me. Deep down, I knew that he was just being thoughtful but I didn't want him to go out of his way to do something for me. 

"Thank you," I muttered when he fixed my skirt from ridding up my legs. He made sure to check the buttons on my school uniform so I wasn't exposing too much of my skin. I wasn't positive if it was envy striking him when a guy glanced my way or just a silent concern. 
"Do you want the usual?" He inquired while wrapping his arm around my body to hook his finger in one of the belt loop on my skirt. His force pulled me closer to him, just the right distance he enjoyed. Close enough to hear each other breaths, to feel each other's heat. I didn't mind, sometimes I just couldn't get enough Junhyung in a breath. I required him more than breathing, eating, sleeping, anything he was my life. My other half that no one could fill in, not even the most perfect man thriving in this universe. Junhyung's imperfections were considered flawless to me, he was perfection to me. The way he walked when he was confident with me, the way he spoke only great things about me, his eyes sparkling in this cruel world, his plump lips that any girl would kill for. And he was mine. 
"I love you, do you know that?" I glanced up to his face to see if he had heard me, or if my sudden confession was incoherent. 
"I love you more than anything." He gazed down into my eyes, almost making me gasp from the intense strong force they held me still with. Always making me feel tense and frightened though he was as harmless as a feather. Sometimes I didn't know either he was going to be extremely frustrated or a lovesick puppy that was head-over-heels for me. I couldn't lie anymore and said it was just his personality, it genuinely scared me but in a matter of a good night's rest he was back to being the dorky, lovable Junhyung we all grew to admire and adore. 
I remember the first time after our encounter, how he was as gentle as he was now. Inquiring kindly if he could sit in the empty space next to me. 

Music was the cure to everything, headaches, heartaches, homework-aches, everything in my book. It soothed my wounds that others gashed and deeply engraved memories that would haunt me one day. It aided me in many things like slipping away reality for a short period that seemed an eternity- in a world that was like a drama or story- it definitely improved my piano skills, it helped me when I was exercising for gym, basically anything. Now that it came into mind, the real question was when wasn't I listening to music? If I left the house without my headphone, my day would always be dull, just hours filled with dragging my feet to several destinations but with one of my many adored songs, it was like walking into a coffee shop; relaxing me and allowing my mind to remember certain aromas and delicate memories. 
"Excuse me," a husky voice cut through the song playing. I believed if you couldn't bring your voice over the volume of my headphones it wasn't important. "Can I sit here?" I glanced to my left, where the aisle of the bus was, and observed his finger pointing to the empty seat. I shyly nodded my head, removing my backpack- placing it in my lap, hugging it into my skin- so he could have a place to rest his legs. 
I met him about a week ago in the music room, he probably didn't recall my face it wasn't as astounding as other's in this school, nothing to be raving over. He turned his head towards me, he was glancing out the window, not into my eyes. My heart wasn't beating, it was racing against the wind. I was climbing a mountain in my head and I was becomming light-headed. His eyes spoke of so many elements, power, mystery, adventure, and amiable. I wanted to dig a hole in them and curl away from the rest of the world of criticism and harshness. 
"S-Sorry," I focused on the fabric of my backpack; resistant, black material that was well chosen for a bag. 
"What are you listening to?" 
"Uh.. Um-" 
He popped out one of my headphones, sliding it into his ear with no hesitantion, such an ease that I would like to contain, and just an overflowing amount of satisfation devoured his features. His eyes were closed, his lips parted into a grin, his eyebrows resting, his slim fingers tapping to the beat on his leg. He was enjoying the song playing, this was his type of music, I knew in a heartbeat that we would bond quicker due to same taste. There was no doubts that held me back.
Relieve washed over me when his lips moved to form the words, "I like this song." I couldn't hear his voice over the beating in my ears, he was goregous. Sitting next to me, an average person, he smiled to someone like me, someone unnoticeable and bland. This was the best day ever.