06

Tangled Faiths
Two years later.. 
 
Today was our anniversary, the second year of our relationship spent in complete and utter affection for one another. I was proud of the both of us that we strived this far, senior year, not sparing a second thought on the rumors of our dating. They weren't true because if we spent every day together, how was there room for either of us to cheat? I shunned the people who were envious and who were out to damage our bond but they failed to realize that that would only strengthen it. Us, together, against the cruel world of high school, we were unstoppable and stronger in each others arms. 
"Guess who?" My eyes were covered by the warm hands I grew familiar to. 
"Hmm," I tapped my index finger on my chin, pretending to be in deep thought. "The president?"
"Aigoo, wrong again." Junhyung sat on the seat next to mine, sliding a banana milk in front of me. I shot him a goofy grin of appreciation, our typical routine everyday at lunch. Him, in a distance closer than friends, me, gazing into his features that were enticing, us together sharing heat. It was at perfection, neither of us minding our hands accidentally brushing in public or our shoulders bumping into each other's. I acknowledged that I loved him more than he loved me, he was irresistible. 
"Yah~ if your mouth is always parted, flies will get in," he gently tapped under my chin. "Who are you staring at?" I blushed. Every time he knew that I was speaking of, staring at, or thinking of him I blushed a deep beet red. As if a put rosy makeup on, but it was all natural. 
"You," I couldn't help myself and cracked a small smile that only a person as near as he was could note. "Y-Your lips." 
"Why stare?" He leaned in, depositing a feeling of utter love onto me by resting his forehead against mine. "When you can feel?" His lips captured mine for a brief kiss, we couldn't spare anymore time in public. We held an agreement that he wouldn't take things too far when the eyes of citizens were closely witnessing our every move. 
"My heart," was beating faster than the treading of a race horse. 
"Is beating," we said in unison. 
"Get a room!" a familiar voice groaned. "You do this everyday!" 
"Yah, Ilhoon, if you want to keep that voice for your crush.. I suppose you leave us alone," Junhyung glared at his younger brother, but grinned when he was trembling. He intertwined our fingers together and this time I desired for good, for eternity but they had to part eventually. As much as I loved him with all of my heart and soul, nothing lasted pristine and for the end of time.