05

Tangled Faiths
I popped my headphones, in attempt to avert my mind from the rapid beating of my heart. Junhyung parted to his route of transportation, most like I frightened him with my nervousness and silence. If I received a second chance to correctly greet him for the first time, properly introduce myself, I would. 
My phone rang from an incoming phone call. I answered it almost immediately, I needed a more sufficient distraction at the moment. "Hello?" 
"Unnie, where are you?" 
"I'm coming, Dohee." 
A voice from behind me spoke harshly against the wind. Cussing could be heard but I chose to ignore his presence; he was none of my business. 
"Excuse me?" He inquired. "Is Dohee your sister?" 
I whipped around to confront the adolescent child who learned such fowl language. He jolted from my unexpected action, then relaxed when he acknowledged the fact that I wasn't going to harm him. 
"Yes, how did you know?" 
"She's in my Geometry class," he nervously scratched at the back of his neck. He couldn't possibly have any interest in my ridiculously dorky sister. But yet again, her aegyo might've been the key factor that charmed his heart. 
"Don't tell me you-" I almost forgot Dohee was on the line. "Hey, sis, I'll see you home. I met up with a.." 
The boy clasped his hands together, begging me not to blow his cover. I thought it was best to spare the guy's heart, a little mercy wasn't going to hurt me a bit.
"..an old friend," I found the words. She hung up the phone, agreeing that I required some alone time with old acquaintances. 
"Thank you." He breathed a sigh of relief once he witnessed me putting my phone away in the depths of my backpack. I soon discovered that the boy's name was Ilhoon, not that it would matter to me but I thought it was must to know about the Dohee adored. Ilhoon, that name was stated too frequently back home, my sister used to sleep talk, murmuring his name multiple times before she dreamt of something else; that was before she began wearing a mask to muffle them. Ilhoon was also Junhyung's brother. 
"So, is Junhyung typically quiet? Around others, I mean." 
"Not usually," he stated on the contrary. "He's really loud with his friends, especially his closer ones." 
"Do you play any instruments like him?" I decided to avert the conversation from Junhyung, I had already inquired too many curious questions that were supposed to remain unanswered. To be honest, I wasn't even supposed to meet Junhyung, or Ilhoon, maybe it would've been better if I didn't. I was now involved with them, Dohee even. Even though Junhyung create uneven rhythms in my heart, he seemed suspicious. He lowed his head as if he committed a crime. Has he done something recently? 
"I play the drums. I'm in a band, you know."
"Really?" 
"Yeah, Junhyung and I used to play for fundraising, him on the guitar and singing." 
Maybe Junhyung and I could sing one day, maybe for a bit. There was nothing more attractive than a man that has hidden talents, it ranks them higher. If we were together, we could sing along to melodies to each other, serenade each other until our throats were sore. 
What am I thinking? I need some fresh air, yet but I was surrounded by nature. I needed to clear my head, it was fogged with the image of him. Why do I care? I don't, he was none of my business anyways.